Stranger Things (NETFLIX) General DiscussionTV 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 93 comments
I got through about 4.5 episodes this weekend, mission accomplished. Hoping to be done after this coming weekend but it is really good so far.

The actors for Dustin and El are amazing.

I binged it this weekend and finished them all. Overall I loved it, except episode 7, which was awful in so many ways. I know what they were trying to do with it, but it didn't fit well with the rest of the show. Otherwise it was as good or better than season 1, but...

I wish they kept the kids together more, rather than introducing 11 back to Mike and crew in the end of episode 8. I get that they wanted to develop her character on her own to give her a purpose or to make her feel like she belongs (I don't think they fully succeeded in that) but most of the season was 11 separated from the group.

except episode 7, which was awful in so many ways.
I'm halfway through my second viewing now. Probably going to skip this episode this time around. I think the general consensus is that this episode is the least favorite for a majority of people.

I'm halfway through my second viewing now. Probably going to skip this episode this time around. I think the general consensus is that this episode is the least favorite for a majority of people.
I've already decided that I'd be skipping over it in any future viewings. It doesn't even do a lot to the plot of the show, so skipping it's not going to even matter all that much. Just felt so out of place that it was like a different show. Real shame, because the rest of it is so good.

I binged it this weekend and finished them all. Overall I loved it, except episode 7, which was awful in so many ways. I know what they were trying to do with it, but it didn't fit well with the rest of the show. Otherwise it was as good or better than season 1, but...

I wish they kept the kids together more, rather than introducing 11 back to Mike and crew in the end of episode 8. I get that they wanted to develop her character on her own to give her a purpose or to make her feel like she belongs (I don't think they fully succeeded in that) but most of the season was 11 separated from the group.

As I said before, I think they're going for either a spin-off or more emphasis on Eight (and more of the psychic kids from the lab) in S3 and beyond.

Of course she was separated. Hopper kept Eleven in hiding. And with the argument with him, Eleven kinda did heeded his words and didn't rendezvous with Mike. What better way to seek guidance than seek out someone that is most closely related to her? Though Eleven's efforts are subconscious

Honestly the episode wasn't that bad until the hunting mission.

I've already decided that I'd be skipping over it in any future viewings. It doesn't even do a lot to the plot of the show, so skipping it's not going to even matter all that much. Just felt so out of place that it was like a different show. Real shame, because the rest of it is so good.
As I said before, I think they're going for either a spin-off or more emphasis on Eight (and more of the psychic kids from the lab) in S3 and beyond.

Of course she was separated. Hopper kept Eleven in hiding. And with the argument with him, Eleven kinda did heeded his words and didn't rendezvous with Mike. What better way to seek guidance than seek out someone that is most closely related to her? Though Eleven's efforts are subconscious

Honestly the episode wasn't that bad until the hunting mission.
Speaking of:

http://collider.com/stranger-things...l&utm_campaign=collidersocial#duffer-brothers

I mean, in the context of the show, episode 7 wasn't all that good, it felt completely thrown in and with characters you didn't even care about while trying to make Eleven seem more badass, so in the big picture it was bad. I don't know if it would have made the ending better or worse without it, but those are good points the Duffers make. Maybe it was needed, but I still think it wasn't the right way to do it. It was too far out of character for the show and for 11.

But, on it's own I suppose it isn't terrible, sorta. I did like the obvious references to Star Wars as 11 pulls the train like Luke lifting the X-Wing from the swamp. And the characters, although cheesy, reminded me of some other movies like 8 reminded me of Rufio from Hook :lol:.

I mean, in the context of the show, episode 7 wasn't all that good, it felt completely thrown in and with characters you didn't even care about while trying to make Eleven seem more badass, so in the big picture it was bad. I don't know if it would have made the ending better or worse without it, but those are good points the Duffers make. Maybe it was needed, but I still think it wasn't the right way to do it. It was too far out of character for the show and for 11.

But, on it's own I suppose it isn't terrible, sorta. I did like the obvious references to Star Wars as 11 pulls the train like Luke lifting the X-Wing from the swamp. And the characters, although cheesy, reminded me of some other movies like 8 reminded me of Rufio from Hook :lol:.

I don't think Ep7 made Eleven seem more badass. To the contrary. After all, the Duffer brothers think of the episode as searching for herself.

Ep7 didn't stand on its own, it's why everyone's upset about it. But we did receive a hint about it via the police chase in Ep1

Here's another article confirming that Brenner is still alive, and that future seasons could move completely away from Hawkins.

http://collider.com/stranger-things...utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=collidersocial

I can welcome the change. Maybe not entirely away from Hawkins, and not just some setting thrown in like what Ep7 did.

I stayed up late and got through Episode 7 and a few minutes into 8. I couldn't wait until the weekend to watch more.

It's kinda too bad because I'm pretty sure this show could have become legendary if they knew when to stop it but instead like all cool series they gonna press it until there's nothing left interesting in it. Too bad.

It's kinda too bad because I'm pretty sure this show could have become legendary if they knew when to stop it but instead like all cool series they gonna press it until there's nothing left interesting in it. Too bad.
They have enough ideas for 4-5 seasons. They won't be doing more than that.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised to see a spin off though after the initial seasons come to an end. A back story on the government programs would be kind of cool.

The first season felt like it wasn't designed for another, but the second season felt like a 3rd was coming, they brought in a few characters but didn't really do anything with them yet.

Plus there has to be more backstory on Eight and her crew.

The Mind Flayer and Upside Down can be more looked into as well

I'm half way through right now, taking a break for some Supercars practice in a bit. But, no spoilers, WAY better than Season 2 so far.

Just finished. Wow. Going to take me a while to digest what I've seen but as I said before, way better than season 2.

Latest Posts

Back