STREET FIGHTER VPS4 

• Thread starter Shirrako
  • 77 comments
United Kingdom
London, UK
Shirrako
Yup, it's official guys, SFV is coming to PS4 and PC, Sony has announced that PS4 will be the only console Street Fighter 5 will be released on, it's not going to come out on Xbox one or Wii U, ever.

streetfighter5.jpg

I think it looks pretty good, I'm more into Tekken games but I may buy SFV day one and who knows, maybe i'll get into the series for good?

Last edited:
Maybe a bit subjective but there is no doubt this will be mine. A fan since SFII back in the arcades, when the SNES version arrived I nearly lost my $#!+.

Years later I have never lost the interest in the game. I do however hope that this doesn't spawn a load of versions like Super, Ultra, mega, buttery, low fat, zero calorie Street Fighter 5.

Maybe a bit subjective but there is no doubt this will be mine. A fan since SFII back in the arcades, when the SNES version arrived I nearly lost my $#!+.

Years later I have never lost the interest in the game. I do however hope that this doesn't spawn a load of versions like Super, Ultra, mega, buttery, low fat, zero calorie Street Fighter 5.

Same started playing the series on the arcades with SF2, will defo pick this up.

And i think its a guarantee that this will have about 4/5 future re-releases it's in capcom's/street fighter's DNA.

Got it on every console accept ps3 , i rather the dreamcast version.. if i am playing on a console but it's available for mame so everyone has acss to it if they have a pc Sf3ts was the best imho.

Charlie has been confirmed in the latest gameplay trailer at Capcom Cup. This makes the confirmed count to three:

Ryu
Chun-Li
Charlie

Though if its after 3S does that mean he is part of the Illuminati? Or is it still Shadowloo?

Not sure. If they are going to give the two organizations two games a piece, then it would be the Illuminati since Gill would have to come back into the picture as well as a lot of 3S people, but to be honest here, I suspect that since Charlie's fate after Street Fighter Alpha never really come into fruition, it could be a totally new ball player.

As a self confessed SF nutter (and one of 3 white guys who could beat the Asian lads in the arcades back in the day) I am salivating for this, bring it on!

*grabs popcorn and waits patiently whilst randomly shouting "DIE ONE THOUSAND DEATHS" at passers-by*

Though the gem does remind people of Urien and Gill. I wonder if it could the same thing with the DOLLs. Charlie was brain washed and is acting weird.

Gameplay between combofiend and mike Ross:
Maximillian pointed out there isn't no just guard or parry but we can confirm a groove type system? In CVS2, one of the grooves had a parry though.

I think that it is a bit too early to make that call. You have to remember that Combofiend and Mike Ross played a pre-alpha build of a game that isn't supposed to come out until 2016 at the earliest, so a lot of design fixes could be happening as we get into the alpha and beta builds and eventually into the demo build.

Though if you put a gun to me, I would say that there would have to be some form of groove system on the grounds of the EX meters. Ryu's was shorter than Chun-Li's by a good bit.

Though the only time that could be possible is from Alpha 3 and Third strike. Like you said, it's a pre-alpha build. But I will watching and waiting for this one.

You have to remember though, fighting game system mechanics have no impact on the plot.

On a related note, is anyone else upset that the "ultra" gauge is coming back to Street Fighter?

Now I can draw some reasonable conclusions. I can say with some confidence that the game will take place AFTER Street Fighter 3, so Ono is safe with me. A greying Bison does suggest that he is aging rapidly than the other characters (to see my point, play Metal Gear Solid 4). This could be either because he didn't unite with his "good half" (Rose), or that body is a clone of the body that we have seen in Street Fighter II and IV.

Forecasting it out a bit, I can see more Third Strike characters in this game, but I do want a lot of older-looking vets as well. It all depends on when they show a story trailer

M.Bison Trailer:

Models look Ok but animations are still goofy. I wish they could animate closer to the sprite style and give some real energy into the fighters . we need another snk vs capcom and let snk do the art or animation . .. definitely a skip not getting burnt again

Models look Ok but animations are still goofy. I wish they could animate closer to the sprite style and give some real energy into the fighters . we need another snk vs capcom and let snk do the art or animation . .. definitely a skip not getting burnt again
A bit lol to say definitely a skip when the game isn't even close to done.

No it looks gash. And since I own every game from snes to ps3 I say with confidence 100% skip. Street fighter 4 is the worst sf game maybe worse than the sf2movie game.

I seen enough to make that opinion, Not like capcom are really original when it comes to sf franchise. I wish capcom followed snk's lead go back to pixels or vector art

Back