-Mad Catz’s limited edition, Chun-Li Tournament Edition 2 FightStick
-48 pg. hardcover artbook
-10" Ryo statue
-Some UDON digital SFV comics
-Soundtrack
-3 months of PS Plus
-Only 400 available through Gamestop online for $330

Last edited:
Mind-blowing these characters are. For some reason, I thought of former NBA player Rasheed Wallace when I saw the Rashid character. Maybe it was the similar sort of name. Thankfully, no Technical Fouls will be assessed for playing this game a certain way, as 'Sheed was known for being a Technical Foul magnet in his NBA career. All joking aside, Rashid is pretty bad arse. F.A.N.G. is a straight-up wierdo. This guy makes even Yoshimitsu of Tekken and Voldo of Soul Edge/Calibur seem modestly sane. Birdie is just nasty. I almost thought Necalli was the return of Gill (Street Fighter 3). Because handsome fighters never lose battles, the Spanish Ninja Vega is as agile and as deadly as ever.

This is some crazy stuff. For real.

Got this game on PC, looks a bit better than PS4 version on max settings at 1080p. Wonder if they'll release a PS4 Pro patch. Tried it on my laptop today, medium setting for AA and shadows makes it look a lot better but it can't constantly hit 60FPS with it at 720p. Managed to run at 60FPS with textures on max though and everything else on low with a bit of headroom which was a relief as important to have solid 60FPS with this game. First online match on my laptop below, surprised I won given how rubbish I am:

Last edited:
I'm dragging this up due to the latest Capcom sale on PSN.

Never been a huge competitive player, but do enjoy the occasional bout of SF for fun (more of an MvC person). With the base version of SFV on sale, is it worth grabbing? How much grinding do I need to put in if I want to unlock the newer characters? I don't want to buy the deluxe edition.

I'm dragging this up due to the latest Capcom sale on PSN.

Never been a huge competitive player, but do enjoy the occasional bout of SF for fun (more of an MvC person). With the base version of SFV on sale, is it worth grabbing? How much grinding do I need to put in if I want to unlock the newer characters? I don't want to buy the deluxe edition.
It's a fun game to play. Although I've been a fan of the brand for many years this is the first Street Fighter I have actually played. Local VS is quite enjoyable with the right people and usually fills my lunch breaks.

There is an in-game currency called Fight Money, which you can use to pay for characters, costumes and stages without spending cash. Characters cost 100,000 I believe, but if you're starting fresh there's a heap of FM you can get for doing various Offline challenges (beating Story Mode, playing Survival, beating each character's Story etc.). There are guides floating about but I believe you'll earn enough FM to pick up a few characters quite easily.

Online is hit and miss with matchmaking and rollbacks/lag, but it's still quite solid for a fighting game and much better than it was a year ago. You can also cross-play with Steam users.

Overall I think it's worth picking up, compared to Tekken it's fast and flashy, and the mechanics have been simplified enough for players of all levels to have fun. If you can find it discounted I'd go for that however, not enough Single Player content to justify full price.

If you see me online I'm up for a few games; I'm not very good (Super Bronze) but I seem to do well with Ken, Laura (new) and Rashid (new). :)

I just completed 929/946 combo trials in SFV. I'm probably never going to touch the game again, lol.

Latest Posts

Back