Street Kart Racing, With Nico Rosberg, Coming to iOS in August

I might just be thick, but I don't understand how the authentic physics with no assists is even workable on a touchscreen device. I'm sure I saw some kind of steering assist in the trailer.

I smell pretence.

Great business model, Nico. Solid gold. Miss you in F1, though.

I don't understand how the authentic physics with no assists is even workable on a touchscreen device.
The tilt sensors in most phones & tablets are precise enough to work pretty well for steering. The difficult part is that there's no tendency to self-align to center and no on-center feeling. The other difficult part of course is throttle and brake control, but I know there are people who've gotten very good at tapping just right. I'm sure it's possible to master with practice, but I prefer my PC games so I've never really given mobile games a proper go.

Very brave calling this a sim without assists when even reputable PC sims have difficulty integrating karts into their physics engine and making FFB feel intuitive and realistic. Even more so than "normal" cars, most of what you do in a kart comes from seat of your pants feeling and steering feel due to its directness and absence of suspension. Good luck trying to replicate that feeling with holding a phone and swinging it in mid air.

Unless you're exclusively a mobile gamer, just get KartKraft/Kart Racing Pro/rF2/Automobilista on PC.

Back