Stressful...

  • Thread starter Thread starter SaNTi iTNaS
  • 63 comments
  • 6,318 views
thx..i'll try to put less throttle ..
 
The tuned Cappuccino seems to be getting a lot of love:tup:

how about a few of you top drifters sharing you settings (please)
 
i usually practice in time trial as well, i usually only get the penalty if i hit one of the walls, going off track doesn't seem to warrant the penalty, it's only if i slam into one of the walls (which i'm usually good at avoiding) :scared:

i've been trying to drift the S-turns at suzuka short and i can usually get the first 2 (after lots of tries) but doing them all is pretty difficult. i've been addicted to the D1 blitz skyline. And i brake as i transition to slow it and it's easier to catch, but still pretty difficult. i will keep trying and trying. I've got the Eiger track down pretty good. I only have a lot of trouble on the big S-bend after the tunnel, the elevation changes kick my a$$ :rolleyes:
 
The tuned Cappuccino seems to be getting a lot of love

how about a few of you top drifters sharing your settings (please)

Yes Please do ,no one has released any yet have they?
I agree its great little car ,i feel like the settings i have are not ideal for drift but thats just my tunning i guess.
 
Thats the thing though. Drifting with the controller is easy. Once you use a wheel, you will feel our pain. lol

Props to the people that are sick with the wheel.

really cuz not to sound like an ass but im pretty good with my ds3 and i dont see how having force feedback, more presice steering, and throttle contol makes things harder.
 
ericc209[BRAP!];3131958
really cuz not to sound like an ass but im pretty good with my ds3 and i dont see how having force feedback, more presice steering, and throttle contol makes things harder.

ericc209[BRAP!],
Just a little reminder about a part of the AUP that you just agreed to follow:

No slang words that promote laziness, ie; “r”, “u”, “plz”, etc. will be tolerated. Decent grammar is expected, including proper usage of capital letters. Repeated violations will be grounds for suspension and/or permanent removal from the forums.
https://www.gtplanet.net/aup/

Thanks.
 
ericc209[BRAP!];3131958
really cuz not to sound like an ass but im pretty good with my ds3 and i dont see how having force feedback, more presice steering, and throttle contol makes things harder.

Having 900 degrees of steering changes things quite a bit my friend. With a controller, you can steer from lock to lock very quickly. For most, this is much easier than trying to manhandle a wheel through FFB settings a full 450 degrees each direction, just to get the car to regain traction.

Also, having good grammar (and spelling) helps people understand what you are trying to say.



;)
 
ericc209[BRAP!];3131958
really cuz not to sound like an ass but im pretty good with my ds3 and i dont see how having force feedback, more presice steering, and throttle contol makes things harder.


You obviously never tried drifting with a wheel.
 
You obviously never tried drifting with a wheel.

agree! i was able to drift decent with 6xis and ds3 but when i switched to the DFP, it was another whole new level lol. I've just got the countersteer part down and still trying to master accel control again so i don't spin out of my drifts. It is true that you will get more precise with a steering wheel but there's also a factor that it will be alot more complicate because you have to get the feel of where your wheel vs your car angle, how much are you turning, and other factors that are more complicate than it is on the controller. I would say it take real instinct and reflexes to drift on a steering wheel.
Anyway I've been using this setting for my DFP:
Mode: Pro
Power Steering: off
ForceFeedback: 3
 
What's up everyone, first post on GTP. I've had GT5P and my PS3 for about a month now. Also picked up the G25. (I absolutely love it for drifting!..the M$ wheel can't even compare)

I have my force feedback setting on 10 with power steering on. When I first started I thought 4 was way too much. The snap back during countersteering was freakin hard as heck in the beginning. But have started to get some good drifts in. And by no means am I pro like some of the drifters out there. But slowly getting better.

Are most of you, just putting on N1 tires, and adjusting camber to your preference when drifting? What are the best settings to adjust the other settings for drifting? (ride height, springs, etc)
 
i usually drop the car all the way put camber around 2.5 in front and ( what ever feels good for u in the rear) soft springs ect

also u should try turning that powersteerin off it just seems to f*^(& my drifts up. it feels like i dont have FULL controll over the car with that turned on...
 
Seems to me I've hit my talent wall.:banghead:
I can get a couple of good drifts in (but these drifts usually end up off the track), but most of the time I spin out (guessing I don't counter steer fast enough).

Does everyone practice drifting in time trial mode?
These friggen penalties are pissing me off cuz I get one everytime I go off the Fuji track (which is basically every corner...):ouch:

You can't hit your talent wall so soon! How long have you been drifting? And which way do you spin out? Try and get some footage of your drifting!

I never practice in time trial mode, i always practice ether online, or in drift mode...
 
You can't hit your talent wall so soon! How long have you been drifting? And which way do you spin out? Try and get some footage of your drifting!

I never practice in time trial mode, i always practice ether online, or in drift mode...

I actually picked up a pinnacle video transfer, so hopefully i can pick up some replay footage for some guidance :dopey:

I usually spin out because I'm unsure when to start countersteering and i end up countersteering too late...

Online as in the free run option?
 
i usually drop the car all the way put camber around 2.5 in front and ( what ever feels good for u in the rear) soft springs ect

also u should try turning that powersteerin off it just seems to f*^(& my drifts up. it feels like i dont have FULL controll over the car with that turned on...

Yeah that's what I have my camber at. I'll have to play around with the other settings to see what works best for me.

I'll give it a try with power-steering off and see how that feels while drifting. What do you have force feedback on with power-steering off?
 
Yeah that's what I have my camber at. I'll have to play around with the other settings to see what works best for me.

I'll give it a try with power-steering off and see how that feels while drifting. What do you have force feedback on with power-steering off?

i use around 8 for messing arond but if i want to set a record on a track i willput her up to 10 i just seem to have more feel with the wheel that way...
 
yo DUI,
TOE ANGLE.
and read what the little things at the bottom say having an understanding for what stuffs doing rather than asking for numbers will really help.
 
I've always had my feedback at 10, but now I have it at 8 for more.. relaxed drifting :sly:

As for my tuning... I've got some weird, universal, I-think-this-is-good-enough tuning for all my cars

The only things diff. are spring, damper, and gear ratios
 
hey guys
i wanted to ask a question, but rather than start a new thread
i thought id put it up here....

i've got this problem where i can initiate the tail sliding out, but i have trouble maintaining the drift
is it because im not pumping the gas enough during countersteer?
i seem to have this tendency to tail slide, countersteer, and for some reason, i countersteer the other way and i straighten out.. lol
(hope you guys understand what i mean... >.<)

any input is appreciate!
ps, using a tuned capp. with n2 tires at london
 
hey guys
i wanted to ask a question, but rather than start a new thread
i thought id put it up here....

i've got this problem where i can initiate the tail sliding out, but i have trouble maintaining the drift
is it because im not pumping the gas enough during countersteer?
i seem to have this tendency to tail slide, countersteer, and for some reason, i countersteer the other way and i straighten out.. lol
(hope you guys understand what i mean... >.<)

any input is appreciate!
ps, using a tuned capp. with n2 tires at london

are you using a controller or a wheel? cause there is two different answer for your question.
 
are you using a controller or a wheel? cause there is two different answer for your question.

Ah, my apologizes, completely forgot to say i'm using the G25, clutch enabled, pro physics, FFB 10, and power steering on
 
Ah, my apologizes, completely forgot to say i'm using the G25, clutch enabled, pro physics, FFB 10, and power steering on

Hi MM,

I found that when using the Tuned Cappucino, I had to give it 100% throttle to maintain a drift. Especially more so when using N2 tires which has more grip and requires more throttle to keep it sideways. Not sure if this is the right way but it works for me ;)

The way I understand it (and I'm no expert), you give it more throttle to increase the angle. With practise, you will know the cutoff point when you realize more angle will result in a spinoff (spinout or whatever its called) and begin to ease off on the throttle.

When I was learning to drift, I was practising non-stop at the first corner in Eiger. That's a good spot to practise linking your drifts.

Hope this helps.
 
The tuned Capuccino is a fantastic car to learn how to drift with. Also, the RX7, BMW 1 series Tii, and the Jaguar XK, to name a few.


;)
 
The tunned cappucino is great for learning to drift especially on the slower/tighter turns. If you are loosing your drift you need to be on the throttle more, and if thats not enough, counter-steer less. It doesn't have LOADS of power to throw the rear out and help correct.

Durring the drift if you feel yourself loosing angle, stay on the throttle, depending on the car pumping the throttle helps keep some traction to keep pushing the rear, instead of flooring it, spinning the tires and just burning out which can cause you to straighten out. In drifting you are still maintaining a level of grip to keep propelling the car. also you should be constantly adjusting the steering, you can turn into the direction you are drifting a bit to keep it side-ways/angle WITHOUT straightening the wheels/steering wheel to make it look nice and keep the drift. You'de be suprised how much that little steering correction can make the car react. and practice as always. :)👍
 
sweet,
thanks for all the input guys
i'll give it a try this weekend when im not swamped with homework :(
quick question, does the Z4 have more HP than the tuned capp?
trying to figure out which car i should move onto after i get good with the tuned capp...
thanks again guys
 
sweet,
thanks for all the input guys
i'll give it a try this weekend when im not swamped with homework :(
quick question, does the Z4 have more HP than the tuned capp?
trying to figure out which car i should move onto after i get good with the tuned capp...
thanks again guys

I find the Z4 (stock & untuned) not as nice to drift... The 6-cyl engine does not seem to rev up fast enough. I had to mess with the gear ratios just to be able to drift with it. Maybe that's just my way of drifting... others may have fare better drifting the Z4 stock.

Next up I would highly recommend the Clio... you can drift that stock without any tuning...

Cheers.
 
I find the Z4 (stock & untuned) not as nice to drift... The 6-cyl engine does not seem to rev up fast enough. I had to mess with the gear ratios just to be able to drift with it. Maybe that's just my way of drifting... others may have fare better drifting the Z4 stock.

Next up I would highly recommend the Clio... you can drift that stock without any tuning...

Cheers.

Ah, haven't tried the Z4, but i regularly drive the Clio so I might go with your advice...
I'm getting better with the tuned capp (still spinning out while drifting hairpins, guess im not countersteering enough), but i find my drifts dont last that long... (maybe 1-3s of countersteer)
is it because its a low power car?
 
Ah, haven't tried the Z4, but i regularly drive the Clio so I might go with your advice...
I'm getting better with the tuned capp (still spinning out while drifting hairpins, guess im not countersteering enough), but i find my drifts dont last that long... (maybe 1-3s of countersteer)
is it because its a low power car?

Nope. The Tuned Cappuccino has plenty of power. You just have to enter the corner at a higher speed and keep your momentum going. It's similar to a Sprinter Trueno/Levin (ae86) in that it's a full throttle car. You need to keep your revs high to keep the car in a drift.


;)
 
Nope. The Tuned Cappuccino has plenty of power. You just have to enter the corner at a higher speed and keep your momentum going. It's similar to a Sprinter Trueno/Levin (ae86) in that it's a full throttle car. You need to keep your revs high to keep the car in a drift.


;)

Thanks.
Helps to know what you're doing wrong.
 
i've got this problem where i can initiate the tail sliding out, but i have trouble maintaining the drift

I've asked dking the same question. But I learned that, mid-drift, you steer INTO the corner a little bit (But I steer in A LOT and quickly go back), should give you more angle. Another technique I do is fluctuate the throttle. I feather it once in a while


i seem to have this tendency to tail slide, countersteer, and for some reason, i countersteer the other way and i straighten out.. lol

Try giving more throttle. Personally I like to put a lot of throttle and slowly lower it to get the right mix of countersteer and throttle 👍
 
Back