• Thread starter Ellis
  • 141 comments

Ellis

THE Nutter
Premium
England
Morecambe, Lanc
ellisnutt
As the title would state I have a rather stressy mum. The woman is to be polite a wee bit crazy.

For example: She screamed and shouted at me for...........burning toast :ouch:
When it was a bit more overlooked years ago my brother once refused to get out of bed to go to high school and she punched him in the face :ouch:
She counted 6 items on my bedside table not 4 which is the number of items apparently allowed, the two unscrupulose items where my phone and keys. hmmmm :ouch:
Wouldn't let me play for a football team because she said if I get injured, she won't get an insurance payout, and if anyone knows me, I love playing football :ouch:
Amongst many many other things.

Oh and I am not allowed out when its dark, I'm 16 👎 :ouch:

So GTP users. What should i do? I think saying something to her is out of the question :lol: so I need to think of something that won't get me kicked out. And share some of your mother disaster issues :lol: I know i have many. :lol:

Last edited:
My parents won't let me have a mobile. I'm 16 as well. It's excruciatingly frustrating.

Mother sounds paranoid and too scared to commit to anything, like my mum.

Get this, my sister and I (23 and 20 respectively), still have curfews, though she's more lenient on me despite not being out-going... she's also been telling me to go to sleep every single day at 10pm for the past...... 5-6 years? It's like I don't know how to do that without a voice command. I've told her to stop telling me but she doesn't understand what it feels like. glad that's she's been slowly letting up on that now.

P.S. Is this the "Complain about your mother" thread? :D

Man that sucks :lol: if on the rare occasion I am out if it begins to rain she wants me home immeadiatly ¬¬

Did your dad mate with a drill sergeant? Sounds a little hard core to me. I believe kids need discipline, but thats just OCD/cruelty.

I suggest getting a job, saving up and moving yourself away from that head case, before you end up talking about your mother to a shrink for the rest of your life.

Sounds like a mom to me - excessively worried all the time about everything.

Just lie. A lot :dopey:

Although it does sound a tad on the extreme side, you should have a look at what might be causing this level of stress to begin with. Parenting is an extremely stressful job which is exacerbated by unruly teenagers. Now I'm not suggesting that you are by any means terribly behaved but parents have feelings too and can feel neglected if not shown enough attention by their children. Or it could be something entirely different that causes the stress, such as insomnia, bad relationship with a partner, idiotic co-workers, money issues, too much housework.... the list is endless.

Maybe try finding out what causes the behavior, and if it's something you can't help out with like relationship issues, then just try and make sure she feels loved. If it's something like money, if you have a part time job, even giving her $20 from your pay each week to show that you are helping the family or if you don't have a job, clean the house without being asked.

Edit: Just reread that post, you can so tell I have kids can't you :lol:

Last edited:
Mate, don't put up with it. My mother was the same but on a scale of 10. From the age of 13-17 everyday I got accused of smoking (I've never smoked a cigerette in my life), because I 'breathed heavily'. I always went to sleep late (still do), but it was because I was doing drugs, she legitmately tried to book me into doing drug tests and when I refused, (because it was insane) it was because I was doing drugs. She used to call up my work 50% of the time to make sure I was at work (Cause I'd wag getting an income). Before I changed my bank details (Which was a blow up of WWII proportions), I got daily quizzing of 'Why were you here? Why did you buy this? Where are you driving that you need that much petrol? Despite the fact that I was quite good compared to 95% my money for a teenager, and bought a 6k car at 17 out my own pocket.

What makes it worse is the rest of her family are exactly the same or worse.

Without continuing my life story, I moved out at 18 and haven't spoke to my mother or her family since the day I left (I'm 23 now).

Without continuing my life story, I moved out at 18 and haven't spoke to my mother or her family since the day I left (I'm 23 now).

and see what all those drugs have done! tsk tsk.

I am sorry to hear though.

I only found out recently my grandfather and aunt used to go on to my mother behind my back all the time trying to convince her that I must be taking drugs (for no reason besides I was a teenager....), my mother knew better, didn't listen to them and I never did drugs.

I don't do drugs, well unless heroin counts as a drug, but I call it breakfast.

Mate, just looking at your avatar is like a :censored:ing acid trip... :D :lol:

My Mother stole $80,000 from my bank account then used $30,000 to buy new furniture to fit out a penthouse apartment she signed a lease on then used an additional $16,000 to hire full time round the clock security to keep me from getting near her then tried taking me to court to claim possesion of my Mercedes, then she has the audacity to come round to my house with her security guard which then leads to me being arrested because I put a knife to his throat and she took my $430 handheld dyson vaccume cleaner & also tried to grab my copy of GT5 from the PS3 because she knows its pretty much the only game I play.

Court finished up a couple of weeks ago for the money thing, I still need to face assault charges for the whole knify/necky thing.

Ive only managed to recover $25,000 at this point.

Wow.... reading this makes me think how good my parents are. I have heard stories around here of how some parents don't like their kids catching the train because they have 'dangerous people' or how they have a curfew or can't go round to peoples houses because they are 'not good for you'. My mother is far more worried about me getting a job or wearing a life jacket when out kayaking in the ocean than what I am doing in the city at 4am in the morning. I guess she's been there. I think in some areas she needs to be more strict sometimes. My older brother has ADD and I am seeing him start spiralling down into a mushey greymatter mess of doing nothing and drinking. I think she's being too passive about it and I can't really do anything except point it out to him in a thinly veiled joke or ironic comment about Minecraft. I have told her this.
I think my parents know they can't control me much because most of the time I am 6hrs away at uni, so when I come back in the break I keep doing what I do and everyone is happy. I guess I am a tad mature and reserved so we don't really have to much of a problem (except when I spend too much of dad's money). My friend at uni has a guy going after her (feelings are not mutual) and he wants her to come to Sydney to visit him but his mum doesn't allow girls in his bedroom. He's 20. He expects her to drive 6 hrs to visit and then sleep on the couch. We both laughed but it is an eye opener to me.

As for what to do, I wouldn't take it. There is always a way to talk to your mother about (what I would call) her quite obvious problems without being thrown out. 16 is an age when you can make decisions and you have got to show her how much of a curb she is putting on your life. What about your dad? Possibly he could talk to her? Perhaps talk about her own upbringing and see if anything can be sorted from that?
All I know is that I wouldn't stand for it and its not because my mum doesn't parent me, she does, but just in the right, not so obvious but still has authority way. She gives me freedom which is good. A lot of parents will do anything for their kids except let them be themselves.

Wow.... reading this makes me think how good my parents are.

Same here. My mother used to drive me nuts by complaining about the stupidest things over and over again but that's nothing compared to what I've read here.

If that stuff Type S Tony said is true then damn... I'm never complaining about my parents again.

Yeah bro, all 100% true, I have court documents to prove it.

She is now in a mental health ward

It's not nearly as bad, buy my mum worries about everything.

She likes to ring me when I'm away almost constantly to see that I'm alright, I'm not spending excessively, I'm being polite to people, I'm getting my work done, and that I'm 'using protection'.

Awkward.

I left home at 16 because my mum was a very average mum; stressy. How I regret it now.
It's easier to put up than make a stand and do anything about it. I guess it made me a stronger person for it and I also have a good relationship with my mum now because of it. We just couldn't live together under the same roof.

Mate, don't put up with it. My mother was the same but on a scale of 10. From the age of 13-17 everyday I got accused of smoking (I've never smoked a cigerette in my life), because I 'breathed heavily'. I always went to sleep late (still do), but it was because I was doing drugs, she legitmately tried to book me into doing drug tests and when I refused, (because it was insane) it was because I was doing drugs. She used to call up my work 50% of the time to make sure I was at work (Cause I'd wag getting an income). Before I changed my bank details (Which was a blow up of WWII proportions), I got daily quizzing of 'Why were you here? Why did you buy this? Where are you driving that you need that much petrol? Despite the fact that I was quite good compared to 95% my money for a teenager, and bought a 6k car at 17 out my own pocket.

What makes it worse is the rest of her family are exactly the same or worse.

And isn't it awesome? (no irony here)

A boy can not become a man if he is oppressed by his mother, fact.

So OP you should get some balls and move out as fast as you can, I am totally serious.

My Mother stole $80,000 from my bank account then used $30,000 to buy new furniture to fit out a penthouse apartment she signed a lease on then used an additional $16,000 to hire full time round the clock security to keep me from getting near her then tried taking me to court to claim possesion of my Mercedes, then she has the audacity to come round to my house with her security guard which then leads to me being arrested because I put a knife to his throat and she took my $430 handheld dyson vaccume cleaner & also tried to grab my copy of GT5 from the PS3 because she knows its pretty much the only game I play.

Court finished up a couple of weeks ago for the money thing, I still need to face assault charges for the whole knify/necky thing.

Ive only managed to recover $25,000 at this point.

That is just aweful, sorry to hear that man, really.

You will be fine, believe me, Kharma handles it.

I put a knife to his throat

Before or after he came into your house?

If he came into your house without permission I can't see this as illegal as he is trespassing, and assisting in the aid of a crime and you have a right to defend your self and your property.

@ellisnut

Hunt high and low for a job and some cheap accommodation and leave her with it.

It's scary leaving home at 16, but I managed and so did a few others, I can see from these posts. Even with the best will in the world, some parents start to go crackers after many years of parenting without a break. I just became a parent myself, so I'm hoping I don't become a nutter :)

All you need is a rented room (you will get a little more freedom but more responsibility) and a simple job. From there you can figure the rest out for yourself.

I am still in full time education though so it seems unlikely that will happen :/ I can only wish though :D

Caring a little too much > not caring at all.

Give it time, it does get better!

I'm only allowed to stay up until 10:30 on schoolnights, and I'm 13 :yuck: And to make it sound even worse, I'm homeschooled!

^That's late for 13 man!! :D rofl

Like others said WOW. Makes my mum a puppy compared to some of you.
had issues too with my mom.
If sorting out with them is an option (if they are not a complete wreck nut) I would always go that way before just fleeing.
I understand how some simply go because there is no silvershiver on the horizon, but sometimes it is worth the work.

Also as one said above (worked for me and other people I know): Once you moved out or have more distance from your parents, relationships often get better.

What i want to conclude from this is: If possible try to hold up some sort of relationship to your parents, because once they passed away, it's too late and many regret it. Especially at 16, it's the age where a lot goes wrong but it's normal.

Yea my mom is way to caring about everything. She never lets me out past 10 anymore becuase she figured i smoked weed everyonce in a while. Now whenever im out she calls me too much and always thinks im out drinking or smoking. I hate when people jump to conclusions.

Back