• 49 comments

jay*doc

HST :: High Speed Touring Track Days
Premium
United States
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
gtp-jaydoc
studiojaydoc_zpsf677d237.jpg

Welcome to my photo gallery! It's a work in progress, but please feel free to browse around, below are some links to my photo shoots. Please feel free to give feedback. You'll see that already, based on feedback from this very thread, it's already improving!

Last edited:
This post is specifically reserved for shout-outs to members who have shared help, wisdom and guidance in taking great GT5 photos. Each name will take you to their own awesome gallery!

Primus Ortis - The first to comment on this thread and motivate me to add to it. It could have easily been passed by, but knowing it was a good start was the spark I needed to continue on! Thanks 👍

leeislee - Awesome write-ups to help with a few of my initial common mistakes, and get me going on the right path. Thanks! 👍

Nicknamealguem - Great feedback on Focus and Shutter speed that really helped a quick improvement. Also, the master of photo mode presentation, check out the gallery! 👍

Jiggins - Reminding me about shooting in the shade (a common misstep by me), and new to the photo gallery, with a great start, check him out! 👍

Last edited:
Entry for Photomode Competition 111, Toyota on a City Course, with Miniature Filter.

2000 Toyota Vitz U Euro Sport Edition at Circuito de Madrid, with Miniature Filter.​

Last edited:
My First Car, the Toyota 86 GT '12.

Also, that is the first photo I've taken in GT5.

A photo taken during the shoot by my wife!

A little tilt shift action.

The dark side of the Orange.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b... GT/EigerNordwandShortTrack_7_zps13471a01.jpg

The thumbnail image.

Taking the low road.
Car Stats:

Color - Orange Metallic
Wheels - Rays VR
Aero Kit - Front and Back Type A
Performance - ECU, Sports Intake Manifold, Racing Air Filter, Sports Exhaust Manifold, Sports Catalytic Converter, Titanium Racing Exhaust, Single Plate Clutch, Sports Flywheel, and Carbon Drive Shaft
Suspension - Height Adjustable Sports Kit

256HP, 440PP, 1230KG

Its an awesome car to drive and really enjoy a track in.

Last edited:
Nice start to your gallery jaydoc - I like that car as well, and the fact that you kept the tuning to 256 HP. Loads of fun with sport hard meats on squirrelly roads like Eiger. Keep up the good work!

Thanks Primus!

Can I ask you for a little advice? I noticed in your thread (and many others), you can click on the "preview" and link to the post. How can I set that up, so I do not have a link under my preview.

Thanks!

My watermark, or my forum signature? I am still not sure what the best way to watermark would be, if that's what you mean. Should it be smaller, or more translucent (or both)?

Edited: Based on looking at your 2 minute edits post, I see what you mean. Mine has a way of taking some focus away from the photo. I'll try something a little different on the next set. 👍

Last edited:
My second photo shoot. Not as good as I hoped for, noticing a big difference between "standard and premium" as far as quality is concerned. This shoot began with a Photomode Competition, and most of these were shots I took to choose from for the competition.

My 29th car in Gran Turismo 5, the 2000 Toyota Vitz U Euro Sport Edition.

This was the second photo I took in Gran Turismo 5.

My original idea for the Photomode Competition was a night photo, but with the miniature filter requirement, I hated the way the dark areas were blown out. So I took the photos below just for the fun of it, since I ran a few laps for photos anyhow...

And here is round 2, from which I actually used a photo for the competition.

This is the edited version of what I used (comp is non edited).

This is my favorite shot from the shoot.​

Car Stats:

Color - Yellow Mica Metallic
Wheels - Advan RGII
Aero Kit - None
Performance - ECU, Engine Tuning Stage 1, Sports Air Filter, Sports Exhaust Manifold, Sports Catalytic Converter, Titanium Semi Racing Exhaust, High RPM Range Turbo Kit, 5 Speed Close Ratio Transmission, Single Plate Clutch, Sports Flywheel, and Carbon Drive Shaft
Suspension - Full Customizable Kit

166HP, 394PP, 934KG

Fun little car, but a bit pushy in the turns, needs some update to it's tune.

Last edited:
If I am allowed to some pieces of advice to help you improve:

Be careful with the focus, most of the Toyota pictures are out of focus. Make sure you focus first before you take your pictures;

One thing to remember, if your taking an action shot, make sure the wheels are spinning and there is some radial blur. Something between 1/60 and 1/125 should be good, depending on the speed your car is going. This is a great guide.

Also, since you seem to use some editing program, rise the brightness of the pictures a little, they are kind of dark.

Last note, lens flare... it's a no no to me, unless very very well made and even so....

Thanks for the feedback nicknamealguem. All of the daytime pics of the vitz were with the miniature filter, and then I retouched a little in the edit. I was going for a selective focus look, but may have missed the mark a little. And for whatever reason, almost all the vitz photos do look dark, you should see the originals. I try to use levels in photoshop to brighten them, but I worry they get a washed out look sometimes. It's a work in progress, I'm finding game photos slightly harder to work with then life photos!

Thanks for the feedback, it's always appreciated.

Quick Snaps - 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Final Prototype

No edits. Used some of the feedback I've received to try these out, thanks!​

Last edited:
Quick Snaps - 2007 Diahatsu OFC Concept

These 2 were taken by my wife!

She even picked out the color and wheels!

And my shot:

No edits.​

Last edited:
Like Nick said, last shot is a seller. Great mood going on in there and the photo is nicely taken as well. It kinda brings it a whole lot down being off-focus though, so you might want to watch out when adjusting aperture.

Also, take note of your composition and framing in some of your photos. The likes of the last OFC shot is very nice, but it could be improved.

Still, good job so far, really diggin' that OFC shot. 👍 :)

Thanks again for the feedbacks, they are a big help! :)👍

As for focus, should I not be keeping focus just on the car, and expanding it out to the backgrounds as well? That's how I'm reading that, and I do always lower my F# to bring more of a specific focus area.

Lee, thank you very much, this is great information! I'll be reading this and applying what I can in my next photo session!

Thanks again.

TURTLE RACING LEAGUE | ENDURO Racing Series

Special Class Race: Vintage Car Race II
Track: Nürburgring 24h - Time Change
Cars: Ford Mark IV Race Car '67, Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car '67, or Jaguar XJ13 Race Car '66
Laps: 12
Tires: Open
Date: January 26, 2013

It's lonely out there at night...

A welcome sight.

Last edited:
Thanks you both for the kind words. Something I have not done on the previous sets was set the white/black/neutral values. It makes a huge difference in the levels! I also try and keep leeislee's tutorial in my mind while shooting.

Thanks again!

Quick Snap - 1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1

A progression of the edit.

Original Photo:

First Edit - High Pass Filter, Level Correction, White Balance and Lens Correction

Further Edit - Was not sure about the "tilt" to the photo, opinions?

Thanks!​

Last edited:
TURTLE RACING LEAGUE | ENDURO Racing Series

Race 25: Tokyo R246
Car: SLS AMG '10
Laps: 26
Tires: Racing Mediums
Date: February 2, 2013

All photos are clickable to full size counterpart.

This is a series I race in and take photos for. I'm in the beige car with Silver Wheels (as seen above getting sideways).​

Last edited:
Car #145, my 3rd full photo shoot of GT5. I was using this 1991 Mazda Eunos Roadster J-Limited (NA) for the NR-A Seasonal and really started liking it. I don't think i used it prior to this seasonal. After a few races, I painted it and installed rims for this photo shoot. I was trying for a realistic look, let me know how I did! I always appreciate your feedback!

Starting with a Shoot at Kyoto Gion:

This one opens to a Portrait style photo, my first attempt at that!

Then I moved over to Toscana for a few final shots:

This shot happened by accident, but I thought it made it look like a break down!​

Car Specs:

Color - Maroon
Wheels - Rays GT-C
Aero - Front Type A
Performance - ECU Tuning, Engine Tuning Stage 2, Sports Intake Manifold, Racing Air Filter, Sports Exhaust Manifold, Sports Catalytic Converter, Titanium Racing Exhaust, Supercharger, Fully Customizable Transmission, Twin Plate Clutch, Semi Racing Flywheel, Adjustable LSD, Carbon Drive Shaft
Suspension - Fully Customizable Kit

223hp, 380PP, 950kg

I may have went a little overboard on the tuning, but was having trouble getting this guy to keep up on Indy.

Thanks for checking it out!

Last edited:
Well done man, you're improving so quickly! Some quick pointers. I know it's already been mentioned, but I reckon some of your shots could be greatly improved by using a slower shutter speed. I can see you've been doing that, so great work. 👍 Another pointer, try not to take photo's in the shade. The colours look a lot better in the sunlight. Also, try to pay attention to where the sun is in the sky. For example, look in your second last shot. See how that side of the car casts a shadow? Try shooting from the other side when possible. You watermark looks a lot better now, great job.

All in all, awesome work man. Your last three sets have be great, especially that last one. Just be careful though, when shooting at night, photos can get too dark. Anyway, 👍.

Thanks Jiggins! I've been trying to improve, the feedback via this thread has been awesome so far and it's been a big help! I love racing in the game, but the photo portion is great as well. Thanks again!

Back