Stupid question but how much BHP does a Lancia Delta have fully tuned + oil change?

I just tuned it but i had some miles with it so i wonder if the oil change had any effect (cause i dont remember doing one when i got it).
Hi, what do you mean? so have you done an oil change before or after the miles?

In gt6, you no longer need to 'break' or 'run in' a motor for oil changes to give you more power, this means gaining miles and then changing oil is unnecessary. this is because in gt6 you do not need the miles for an oil change to work; Just buy a car, give it an oil change and if im correct you will have roughly a 30hp increase ( the max an oil change could give you, even if 'running in' a motor still works.
I hope this helps, forgive me if I did not fully get the question.
And for your title, I do not 'off the top of my head' remember the hp.

In gt6, you no longer need to 'break' or 'run in' a motor for oil changes to give you more power, this means gaining miles and then changing oil is unnecessary. this is because in gt6 you do not need the miles for an oil change to work; Just buy a car, give it an oil change and if im correct you will have roughly a 30hp increase ( the max an oil change could give you, even if 'running in' a motor still works.

I remember winning a Delta in some early event. I then used it to win some races but i never performed an oil change on it.

Now, i decided to tune it and so i performed an oil change but im not sure if the miles i had on it removed the oil change bhp boost.

I remember winning a Delta in some early event. I then used it to win some races but i never performed an oil change on it.

Now, i decided to tune it and so i performed an oil change but im not sure if the miles i had on it removed the oil change bhp boost.

Then just do another one & you know you have it. Alternatively don't do oil changes then you don't have to monitor the change in horsepower so your tune is always the same.

doing an oil change gives you max hp, never mind how many miles you have done. I think it is recommended every 100 laps average do an oil change, I think it just 'double checks' your car is running perfectly. also, I love the delta, might do a tune for it on my garage next weekend?

Here is the thread that @Hastatus created discussing oil changes, engine wear and body wear. It explains everything involving those 3 factors of any car nicely in my opinion. As for the exact hp, I am not sure but I can look it up shortly. :)

Edit: 446HP at 519PP and 1,105kg

Last edited:
is this maxed? thought the car would be faster than that, not saying its slow, but this is a lancia delta lol (not questioning you, I personally think it is underated)
I added all of the best parts and I agree with you, stock is only 207HP and 401PP though.

I added all of the best parts and I agree with you, stock is only 207HP and 401PP though.
fair enough, tbh it is quite old, so it may not have some of the advantages of todays hot hatches, but I would back this car to beat a golf! alright, I might need to stop going too far off topic, might annoy Jose!

It takes many thousands of miles for the BHP to become permanently lowered.
Delta's a great car once set up though

With all due respect, I'm no longer so sure the status quo answer is 100% correct, or at least I suspect it doesn't reflect the entire power train.

I did as others with a '67 Cougar I bought, and although the immediate oil change definitely boosted its power rating and subsequent oil changes and engine rebuilds have not budged the number beyond the value obtained by the initial oil change, the functional top speed at my chosen transmission setting didn't top out until I'd run the car for ~200 miles or so (I'm not near the console right now). To be more specific about my observation, I used it for the recent Willows Springs 550pp seasonal, and so far (not sure if it's still up) I've run there several dozen times. kinda a goto quick fix after work and builds the bank.

Anyway, when I first started doing the 550pp seasonal at Willow springs, the limiter kicked in earlier @ about 136 mph.
However, during the many many retries, the value slowly increased, and the car seems to have finally topped at 141mph.

I don't intend to do exhaustive testing or in fact any real testing at all, but I did want to note what I observed to be a minor disparity between the routinely reported answer (oil change maxes the vehicle) and my own experience, at least in this car. Although the engine power has not changed, something else sure seems to have, as my initial top speed of ~135 has progressively increased to it's present value of 140mph using the same vehicle settings.

For reference, I'm one of "those guys", who very routinely performs unnecessary oil changes, engine rebuilds and chassis realignments even when the game doesn't tell me it's time. In fact, with this car and other cheapies, I generally just do an engine rebuild and chassis realignment after a five or six runs at willow. With a seasonal payout in the hundreds of thousands, after four or five rounds, ~60-70K for maintenance seems a very reasonable "capital maintenance cost" for what it practical terms would be considered a work vehicle. (obviously, I can't afford to do that with race cars, not am I suggesting that anyone can, just that many regularishcars have very low maint costs overall)) This *may play into the equation.

Last edited:
Back