Stupid V8 and V12 swaps gone?

We haven't seen any of the engine swaps in Forza 7 yet. So we don't know, and likely won't know until the game is released.

IRL maybe but when they dominate the leaderboards and its only leaving a few cars to compete its boring.

I've managed to get myself in the top 1% of most Rivals leaderboards in FM6 without using "leaderboard" cars, so it's really down to how you drive rather than what you drive.

I've managed to get myself in the top 1% of most Rivals leaderboards in FM6 without using "leaderboard" cars, so it's really down to how you drive rather than what you drive.

Indeed. I've been challenging myself to max out affinity with as many marques as possible in FM6 before 7 launches, and it means using some very unusual cars. So long as you tune it decently and can drive well, most cars can make it into the 1%. It's about mid-pack in online races, but I'm fine with that — really not concerned with winning.

IRL maybe but when they dominate the leaderboards and its only leaving a few cars to compete its boring.

That's going to be an issue even without engine/drivetrain swaps because of how broken the PI system is.

The Forza Horizon physics engine and PI calculations heavily favour larger engines and AWD.

Forza Motorsport games are different; the key to success in these is a combination of light weight and mechanical grip. The only engine swaps that are typically favoured are the 1.6 Turbo Rally and a V6. Outside of a few edge-cases you won't see a V8 or V12 dominate the leaderboards as they put down too much power for the tyres to handle.

Engine swaps are still in. Saw the NASCAR V8 swap for the '65 Mustang in FailRace's FM7 video

Yet if they removed the engine swaps the leader board would still be dominated by a few cars, it would just be some different cars on it.

The PI system could use some work for sure. The biggest thing that annoys me with it is the way you can take a street car with no aero on it and less than racing tires then add 1000+ hp and have it in the R3 class where all of the race cars in that class have lots of aero and racing tires with far less top speed by the same PI.

I believe that when a car goes into R class aero and race tires should be mandatory.

The Forza Horizon physics engine and PI calculations heavily favour larger engines and AWD.

Forza Motorsport games are different; the key to success in these is a combination of light weight and mechanical grip. The only engine swaps that are typically favoured are the 1.6 Turbo Rally and a V6. Outside of a few edge-cases you won't see a V8 or V12 dominate the leaderboards as they put down too much power for the tyres to handle.

Have to disagree that 5.7 V8 kinda dominates in lower classes.

This has been my experience, I never swap the stock engines out and never seem to see the v8 swaps finishing high. They're all over the track but on it, only Le Mans old favors speed over grip.

Have to disagree that 5.7 V8 kinda dominates in lower classes.
Fair enough, my examples may not be 100% accurate. It's been a long time since I took Forza Motorsport 6 seriously and I mainly remember the 1.6 being a key swap for multiple cars; its acceleration values can make for some mean "lobby cars".

The 1.6l is a fast engine too, no doubt about it.

Thing is with the 5.7 you get pi back for swapping it in, say your gain is less the 20hp it will most of the time give you pi back. It might even be higher then 20hp. I like using the stock engines, since if you swap all the cars kinda feels/sounds the same :)

I like using the stock engines, since if you swap all the cars kinda feels/sounds the same :)

Same here, although if I'm going for an engine swap I always go for the ones that are actually possible in real life. V8 Miatas were particularly fun in B-Class.

The 1.6l is a fast engine too, no doubt about it.

Thing is with the 5.7 you get pi back for swapping it in, say your gain is less the 20hp it will most of the time give you pi back. It might even be higher then 20hp. I like using the stock engines, since if you swap all the cars kinda feels/sounds the same :)

In a case like that the PI you get back is probably because of the added weight actually dropping the power to weight ratio.

In a case like that the PI you get back is probably because of the added weight actually dropping the power to weight ratio.
Yeah but the way the PI system calculates this is wrong, same reason everybody is rolling with 22" chrome rims.

Yeah but the way the PI system calculates this is wrong, same reason everybody is rolling with 22" chrome rims.

Yeah, there have always been issues with the PI. I really hated the big wheels thing but what can you do?
While there is always plenty of little things I can gripe about over all Forza is a pretty good game that I enjoy playing quite a lot even if it does tick me off at times ;)

Yeah the PI and phycis got their short comings, but i love the game anyway. Lately iv been forcing myself to use rim sizes that you would see on a real trackday car. And i sure enjoy the game too, sitting at Driver level 2967 atm. Mostly from online racing, only ran thru the career once.

Yeah the PI and phycis got their short comings, but i love the game anyway. Lately iv been forcing myself to use rim sizes that you would see on a real trackday car. And i sure enjoy the game too, sitting at Driver level 2967 atm. Mostly from online racing, only ran thru the career once.
I've seen you in a few FM6 lobbies before. You're one heck of a good racer. 👍

or am i being too hopeful?

Leaderboards should be only for stock engines that have been tuned and upgraded with their stock upgrades imo
They're not stupid.
I've only done a few swaps, but it's great to be able to.

Any performance measuring system is going to leave favorites that are faster than the rest.
Especially when car counts climb up over 500.

Back