Subaru Impreza 22B Revealed in GT Sport in Regional Final Live Stream

Going by previous patterns and my own gut feeling...

Essentials:

Honda Civic Type R (additional generations)
Honda NSX-R (facelift)
Mazda MX-5 (additional generations)
Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution (additional generations)
Nissan Fairlady Z (additional generations)
Nissan Silvia (multiple generations)
Subaru Impreza WRX STI (additional generations)
Toyota Sprinter Trueno

Also possible:

Honda Integra
Honda S800
Mazda Cosmo
Mazda RX-8
Mitsubishi FTO
Nissan Skyline GT-R (older generations)
Suzuki Cappucino
Toyota Sports 800
Toyota Celica (multiple generations)

Less likely:

Honda Prelude
Mazda RX-7 (first generation)
Mitsubishi Starion
Nissan Stagea
Subaru Legacy B4
Subaru Alcyone SVX
Toyota Chaser
Toyota Supra (older generations)
Toyota MR-2 (additional generations)
The very save assumption is that if it was on GT6 as a premium car, it will most likely come.

The list then include:
- Both of MX5 generations: Original 1992 (either one) and 2007
- Subaru Impreza 2005 and 2007 or its equivalent.
- Mitsubishi Evolution 6 (All its variants) and 8.
- Honda Civic Type R 1997 and 2006
- Honda Integra Type R DC5 2004
- Honda S2000 2006
- Nissan Skyline Sedan 350GT and 370GT
- Lexus LFA 2010
- Lexus ISF 2007
- Mazda RX8 2007
- Nissan 350Z and 370Z
- Suzuki Cappuccino (either one)
- Mazda Autozam AZ1
- Nissan Silvia Spec R 2002
- Honda CRZ
- Infiniti G35 (Manufacturer with only one VGT cmon)
- Opera Perfomance 350Z

Less likely to include a concept car of the past. Also less likely to add variants already in game, includes:

- Efini RX7
- Acura NSX 1991 and Honda NSX Type R 2002
- Toyota 86 and Subaru BRZ 2010
- Nissan GTR 2007, 2009, 2012, and Nismo 2014.

While all these new additions are good, how about some new cars or just new to the franchise? Honda Civic Type R FN2 and the latest gen'. Ferrari 488 and 812. Bentley Conti' GT GT3. BMW M2. and i could add many more, but i wont! And also keep adding new tracks whether fantasy or hopefully more real world but please, please dont go backwards adding the massivly over rated trash that is Deep Forest, Trial Mountain, Grand Valley etc. Go forwards, not backwards.

Last edited:
Here we go.
FB_IMG_1538906062055.jpg
FB_IMG_1538906052188.jpg
FB_IMG_1538906046456.jpg
FB_IMG_1538906035349.jpg

Bah, probably just more cars and GT League events with a few bug fixes. I mean, it IS Polyphony Digital... As for the Impreza, it's a great addition. Looking forward to drive it.

It only had 300-odd HP. Guarantee you it's aerodynamically limited before it revs out. Probably 140-150...
The 16-or-so UK Prodrive cars will do about 138mph at the top of 5th. The imported and Japanese market cars max out at about 122ish. That's because the Prodrive cars had the 3.9 final drive rather than the 4.44 of the Japanese cars - but they'd still hit the top of the box before the power ran out.

While all these new additions are good, how about some new cars or just new to the franchise? Honda Civic Type R FN2 and the latest gen'. Ferrari 488 and 812. Bentley Conti' GT GT3. BMW M2. and i could add many more, but i wont!

While more truly new content to the GT franchise would be great, I think it's pretty unlikely that PD shifts away from the way things are right now. Most of the DLC cars have been updated GT6 premiums, a few have been non-premiums from GT's past, and a few have been totally new to the franchise.

We can only hope that PD is modeling other totally new cars like the ones you mentioned, and if they are, they would be wise to hold most of them for the next game. New games need new content, and we all know how long it takes for PD to get things done. Whether the next game is GT7, GTS2, something else, PS4, or PS5, it will need at least 150-200 new cars that weren't in GTS. Like the DLC updates, these will be a mix of old premiums, old non-premiums, and totally new cars. Having a higher percentage of totally new cars will help increase interest in the game and boost sales.

I'm quite happy getting mostly old stuff for free with a few bonuses in each update, and I'll gladly pay for totally new cars when the next game comes out (whenever that may be). The 22B isn't at the top of my personal wish list, but it's an important car, and I'm looking forward to driving it.

Last edited:
Probably they will show Pagani Zonda and maybe even more cars

Don't expect the Zonda before 2019.
3D structure of a GT Sport car is heavy, I don't know how many points (or polygons) PD use, but it's big enough to take time.
Just to comparate to Forza (who could upload cars faster), have a basic good graphic engine too, but reduce graphic quality into races (low quality cars and automatic wheels dynamic).
I speculate maybe, but I think PD already had the Impreza 22B since beginning of the game.

Don't expect the Zonda before 2019.
3D structure of a GT Sport car is heavy, I don't know how many points (or polygons) PD use, but it's big enough to take time.
Just to comparate to Forza (who could upload cars faster), have a basic good graphic engine too, but reduce graphic quality into races (low quality cars and automatic wheels dynamic).
I speculate maybe, but I think PD already had the Impreza 22B since beginning of the game.

Yes it takes them 3-6 months to turn raw data into a finished car, BUT, the question is; at what step in the process do they record sounds for the car? For all we know, the Zonda is 100% done, and they're just doing the sound mixing for it now.

Now this I kept mentioning when it first appeared. But I am glad we're getting a premium Impreza 22B.

Since tomorrow is gonna feature a N500 race for the Asia-Oceania Finals, wonder what car they gonna reveal it there. Hopefully it's something interesting.
N500 you say, LFA Maybe

The two Porsche revealed last month weren't N500 cars and yet there they were, in the N500 race.

And yet, in this weeks Race B, the Porsche is right there listed as N400 because.. it's an N400 car. The balancing they do for the World tour's are clearly different than what we get.

While all these new additions are good, how about some new cars or just new to the franchise? Honda Civic Type R FN2 and the latest gen'. Ferrari 488 and 812. Bentley Conti' GT GT3. BMW M2. and i could add many more, but i wont! And also keep adding new tracks whether fantasy or hopefully more real world but please, please dont go backwards adding the massivly over rated trash that is Deep Forest, Trial Mountain, Grand Valley etc. Go forwards, not backwards.
How is a good track like Trial Mountain backwards though? Brand new =/= good

And also keep adding new tracks whether fantasy or hopefully more real world but please, please dont go backwards adding the massivly over rated trash that is Deep Forest, Trial Mountain, Grand Valley etc. Go forwards, not backwards.
🤬 off, Trial Mountain was great.

LFA is 550+ HP so it would be N600 class.
Would they not be able to detune it or?

Grand Valley in GT5 and 6 was just the GT4 model with better lighting...
Also better textures
It was a combination of both, in my opinion. Great layouts and atmospheric environments.
In my case, the atmosphere in all three tracks made you believe it could just be another real life track, I even went as far as imagining where would they be.

Latest Posts

Back