Subaru Impreza 22B Revealed in GT Sport in Regional Final Live Stream

I thought all 22Bs had red and white tail lights, as in the game.
Australian design rules, require all indicators have amber lenses or amber globes. Cars that have all red lenses are converted to amber lenses. Or, in the Mustang GT's case, it has frosted lenses with amber globes.

I've seen USA muscle cars taiilights converted to lenses that have amber sections for the indicators.

You got something to back up that kind of statement?

I sure do, it's called my freedom of thought and decision and i happen to think they are massivley over rated. I hated them 21 years ago and i hate them now and after 21years its time to move on.

Going by previous patterns and my own gut feeling...

Essentials:

Honda Civic Type R (additional generations)
Honda NSX-R (facelift)
Mazda MX-5 (additional generations)
Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution (additional generations)
Nissan Fairlady Z (additional generations)
Nissan Silvia (multiple generations)
Subaru Impreza WRX STI (additional generations)
Toyota Sprinter Trueno

Also possible:

Honda Integra
Honda S800
Honda S2000
Lexus IS F
Lexus LFA
Mazda Cosmo
Mazda RX-8
Mitsubishi FTO
Nissan Skyline GT-R (older generations)
Suzuki Cappucino
Toyota Sports 800
Toyota Celica (multiple generations)

Less likely:

Honda Prelude
Mazda RX-7 (first generation)
Mitsubishi Eclipse
Mitsubishi Starion
Nissan Stagea
Subaru Legacy B4
Subaru Alcyone SVX
Toyota Chaser
Toyota Soarer
Toyota Supra (older generations)
Toyota MR2 (additional generations)

They need to bring back the Prelude from GT1 (Even if its just for me :lol::lol:)!! It was the first car i ever remember buying in a Gran Turismo!

Would also love to see the Tom's Chaser too!!

I didn't think we'd see any new content during the World Tour event. I don't know why they'd show this car soo early, but that's not a bad thing!

A premium GC8 is way overdue. I'm glad PD is remembering these classics and giving them priority in Super Premium treatment. You think with GTS they have abandoned their roots, but it shows that they still care about 90s JDM era.

If we're talking about JDM halo cars from GT1-2, I'd like to see the following cars come back to complete the lineup:
-Legacy Wagon GT-B
-GTO Twin Turbo
-Evo VI TME
-Celica GT Four

Yes it takes them 3-6 months to turn raw data into a finished car, BUT, the question is; at what step in the process do they record sounds for the car? For all we know, the Zonda is 100% done, and they're just doing the sound mixing for it now.

I'm curious to see how PD proceed.
Sound record is different in the process, you can have it before or at the end (maybe why it's the only visible side of PD step).

Unpopular opinion, but I would've preferred if it was a regular GC8 instead of a 22B. I think I'm seeing way too much of those in racing games.

1998_Subaru_ImprezaWRXSTiVersionV11.jpg

If we're talking about JDM halo cars from GT1-2, I'd like to see the following cars come back to complete the lineup:
-Legacy Wagon GT-B
-GTO Twin Turbo
-Evo VI TME
-Celica GT Four
Oh hell yeah.
I had a Legacy GT-B 5spd and it was a beast. If PD would get the sequential turbos right (unlike the previous GTs where the engine was just like on the Imprezas), it would be a seriously cool car to blast around with.
That being said, I have serious doubts about the Legacy, since it doesn't have the legend status like all the other 80-90s classics we've had so far. The GTO Twin Turbo will come, it makes sense. The Evo VI TME and Celica GT Four are also legendary cars.
I will also add the AE86 and the Nissan Pulsar GTI-R to that list.

Is it? I thought the Version 6 was more up to date than it.

If I recall correctly from GT6, the Version VI was a '99 model and the 22B was a '98 model. The VI is also lighter by about 10kg (checking stats at kudosprime). Power is fairly similar., but the VI is down on torque by 10Nm. So stock for stock they are probably equal. The 22B is just too damn cool though with the widebody fenders so I think it's the right decision to make it Super Premium.

Oh hell yeah.
I had a Legacy GT-B 5spd and it was a beast. If PD would get the sequential turbos right (unlike the previous GTs where the engine was just like on the Imprezas), it would be a seriously cool car to blast around with.
That being said, I have serious doubts about the Legacy, since it doesn't have the legend status like all the other 80-90s classics we've had so far. The GTO Twin Turbo will come, it makes sense. The Evo VI TME and Celica GT Four are also legendary cars.
I will also add the AE86 and the Nissan Pulsar GTI-R to that list.

I know, it's a shame people seem to forget about the Legacy nowadays. It's basically Japan's answer to the Audi RS6! In fact, Japan in the 90s seem to have lots of crazy wagons based on the halo cars - Caldina (based on Supra), Stagea (based on Skyline), Legnum (based on Galant VR4). Would love all those to come back as Super Premium. The only cool wagon from Japan I can think of nowadays is the Subaru Levorg.

Last edited:
If I recall correctly from GT6, the Version VI was a '99 model and the 22B was a '98 model. The VI is also lighter by about 20kg ish. Power is fairly similar. So stock for stock the VI is probably faster. The 22B is just too damn cool though with the widebody fenders so I think it's the right decision to make it Super Premium.

I know, it's a shame people seem to forget about the Legacy nowadays. It's basically Japan's answer to the Audi RS6! In fact, Japan in the 90s seem to have lots of crazy wagons based on the halo cars - Caldina (based on Supra), Stagea (based on Skyline), Legnum (based on Galant VR4). Would love all those to come back as Super Premium. The only cool wagon from Japan I can think of nowadays is the Subaru Levorg.
We also got the Blitzens in GT.
images

Porsche helped design the interior for these. Don't have a pic, but I saw a wagon like the one below, in for service a few years ago.
Legacy-Blitzen.jpg

^Yeah I remember that one from GT5/6. Never liked that gen's styling personally. The gen after is much better (BL/BP series). Then it all went downhill from there.

Yes it takes them 3-6 months to turn raw data into a finished car, BUT, the question is; at what step in the process do they record sounds for the car? For all we know, the Zonda is 100% done, and they're just doing the sound mixing for it now.

As an avid fan of all things Polyphony Digital, especially Gran Turismo. Believe that I read someplace that the cars in GT Sport have been "modeled" to higher specs than the PS4 can manage. :cool: IF that's True, the initial PS5 version of Gran Turismo, should hopefully have a lot more cars right from the start. 👍:D

I can see a time when Gran Turismo is the place where those interested enough could look up virtually any make / model of Motor Vehicle "Virtually" !! Like an on-line 3D Motor Museum. All the Manufacturers with every Model of note, in the real / original spec and colours. Now that would be immensely cool. :cool::cool::cool: :bowdown::gtpflag:

A premium GC8 is way overdue. I'm glad PD is remembering these classics and giving them priority in Super Premium treatment. You think with GTS they have abandoned their roots, but it shows that they still care about 90s JDM era.

-Legacy Wagon GT-B
-GTO Twin Turbo
-Evo VI TME
-Celica GT Four
👍👍👍 I love driving the latest supercars in Forza but these cars are the essence of GT, its dna. If I have to make a choice, I would trade another random supercar for a premium Legacy Wagon GT-B.

I sure do, it's called my freedom of thought and decision and i happen to think they are massivley over rated. I hated them 21 years ago and i hate them now and after 21years its time to move on.
You fell for some really cheap bait but ok

👍👍👍 I love driving the latest supercars in Forza but these cars are the essence of GT, its dna. If I have to make a choice, I would trade another random supercar for a premium Legacy Wagon GT-B.
That's pretty much my thinking. There are just some cars which mean more in the context of GT. It particularly grinds my gears when people complain about the lack of modern supercars after each update. They aren't the only cars in existence...

That's pretty much my thinking. There are just some cars which mean more in the context of GT. It particularly grinds my gears when people complain about the lack of modern supercars after each update. They aren't the only cars in existence...

100% agreed, some of us would like to see our actual road cars in GT Sport :cool:👍💡. We've had some in previous incarnations of Gran Turismo and I think now, the original idea of always online - 100% Supercar Racing has had it ! 👎:boggled:

IMO DriveClub was a great game to start with, fantastic visuals, weather effects and tracks. Get a small car and get a few Races / Wins under your belt. Then try something a little faster and harder to control. The only thing wrong with it was the steep learning curve. And loads of people shouting about faster & faster cars...ruined the whole thing for me. So gave the Bikes a go for a while, then just gave up playing it completely.

Think in future GT's perhaps you should have to do a load of clean laps on one particular track in an N100 car, in order to learn how to set-up and control a car properly, before racing that track. The ability to race on a Track, dependant upon your ability to drive around it quickly, without hitting anything or going off course. You should then need to get a certain number of 100% clean race wins before you get "promoted" to the N200 and so on.💡 That kind of "training" would ensure that 12 year old "Billy-Bob" can't just jump into an on-line race in a Ferrari and ram everybody at the first corner. because he's never bothered to learn the track !! :dunce::eek::banghead:

Please PD make it so !! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Is it? I thought the Version 6 was more up to date than it.
The Version 5 and 6 STi variants followed the 22B and were slightly better in some regards, but both utilized EJ20 powerplants (rather than the EJ22 used in the 22B) so, for that reason, I'd say the 22B is still the pinnacle of the production GC8 STi.

That said I have been fortunate enough to know a couple of 22B owners and both have said that the car wasn't brilliant out of the box and needed some tweaks to get the best out of it.

From a pure driving perspective the RA-R is the best production Impreza that Subaru have put in the showroom. The 22B is, at least in my eyes, the best looking car though!

VXR
Hmm, wonder where the P1 ranks in all of this.
That depends if you ask a P1 or a Type R owner! The P1 was slightly more civilized and arguably a better daily driver as it had longer gearing and ABS. The Type R had more toys (the DCCD was removed on the P1) and is the rawer of the two cars.

If I had to choose between the P1 or Type R, I'd be leaning towards a Version 5 or Version 6 Type R. The P1 is a great car though and I certainly wouldn't say no to one!

Back