Subaru Impreza (GC8) WRX STI [Premium] 1994

• Thread starter TayeezSA
  • 42 comments
South Africa
Johannesburg
Tayeedz1
I'm actually shocked that this car isn't even premium. Not even the 22B??? This was the car that Colin McRae and Richard Burns themselves drove to rally victory. The Rally car was a premium in GT HD but was sadly converted to a standard vehicle, along with the other GC8 Imprezas, even the Coupe....... The WRX has a flat four turbo which sings to 230bhp and the STI at 270bhp (Depending with which markets you're dealing with the bhp numbers will change, in this case JDM.) All wheel Drive? All the time, everytime.

The First GC8 WRX, Version 1 I'm sure
1995_Subaru_WRX_rear_%28NZ%29.jpg

Final GC8 Facelift WRX STI
1999%E2%80%932000_Subaru_Impreza_WRX_sedan.jpg

Colin McRae Beasting innit with the first gen rally car
subaru-impreza-wrx-555-05.jpg

Some good clips:
The BOZZ Speed Impreza, drool.....

The full translated video by Best Motoring

IT CAN DRIFT

Mean exhaust note

Initial D.... 'Nuff said

So what do you all say? Give the GC8 Impreza some love!

Last edited:
  • YOUR SUGGESTION MUST BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE.
  • Car suggestions must include the MAKE, MODEL, and YEAR (if relevant), in that order.

It's hard to pinpoint which exact one to choose because they're all nice, so I just stated the chassis.

If I were to pick one then it would be between the version 1 STI (Pre-Facelift), Version 6 Type R STI Coupe (Facelift), and Version 6 STI sedan (Facelift).

It's hard:guilty:

The Type RA Impreza. Drifters would love to throw this around!

Matt Farah, enough said.

I really don't mind which GC8 it is, maybe 2 even , I'd just like them to be Premium.

The beauty of the Impreza of those years is that once you've modeled the 2 interiors (Pre-facelift and Facelift) and have the basic body shape, then it's pretty easy to add more of the GC8 cars since there's just subtle differences between the years.

Yep. Right about the point you changed the title back from what I'd changed it to.

I thought it made better sense because the posted pics are from a specific chassis but it was over about 3 facelifts :ill:

But alright, you're the boss then

This has now hit 50 likes!!! :dopey: Pretty coincidental since I went to a Subaru show today:P

Thanks for the support everyone. It's no Pagani Huarya or McLaren P1 but it certainly is a cool car

It's hard to pinpoint which exact one to choose because they're all nice, so I just stated the chassis.

If I were to pick one then it would be between the version 1 STI (Pre-Facelift), Version 6 Type R STI Coupe (Facelift), and Version 6 STI sedan (Facelift).

It's hard:guilty:
Why not the 22B STi '98?
th

There is an image of a facelift version of GC8. The image of the facelift version must be deleted from OP.

There is an image of a facelift version of GC8. The image of the facelift version must be deleted from OP.

Hence why I stated either series 1,2 or 3 from the GC8 Chassis. Mostly because if you model one you've done 80% of the work, it's just small differences between the facelifts. Can be 1 car though

Latest Posts

Back