Subaru's "STI Turismo" Ad Shows Gran Turismo With Added Realism

After reading the comments, I think its the title that lead leads people to expect that this is something officially related to GT. I too started watching the video expecting it to have glimpses of the actual game, sort of like a collab with GT and I actually thought for a few seconds that it is CGI. And to be honest, I though it looked much better but not real. As soon as I realized this is real footage, everything started looking real.

I would love to see a side by side comparison with GT sport. I think with better quality textures and more elements on the track, GT7 can can look like this, at least on this track.

I was going to say "Gran Turismo 7 CONFIRMED!" but apart from the awful sounds, menu, interface and music that does feel accurate to what a GT game is, everything else feels off. The chase camera is definitely footage from a real car. Also, the sound doesn't match the rpm's and speed.

I'll give it to GT though; if it was the actual game, it would look much better.

Well I read all the comments and nobody mentioned the GT logo at 1:40 on a sign on the right side of the track. Must be a small limited version of Gran Turismo just for Subaru

Last edited:
Looks like a Real video with the use of the same cameras angle than GT Sport but that's it, footage is sped up from some slow driving to gave it a gamey look

So they want to tell me you switch to hood view aproaching corners and then switch back to chase-cam exiting them? Interesting... Maybe I have to try that out.

Well I read all the comments and nobody mentioned the GT logo at 1:40 on a sign on the right side of the track. Must be a small limited version of Gran Turismo just for Subaru
That sign is actually there (or was when the google car went round.)
upload_2020-5-6_11-6-40.png

I had that too. It's the uncanny valley - the real bits and the game-y look clash to make it a bit too close to reality to look properly real.
One of the most interesting things in this clip is that the angle for each car here is different, which is not likely to happen in GT.
Therefore, I'm suspecting that they used pictures from their press room or somewhere else.

This is what I found:
upload_2020-5-6_18-20-23.png

upload_2020-5-6_18-22-20.png

You can see the same contents, yet tone for each image is slightly modified.
Other parts like the oil filter also appear here: https://www.sti.jp/en/parts/wrxsti_va/engine/ST15208ST010/

But when it comes to these cars, things become tricky. I can't find most of the images below that have a same copy on other websites, yet still I believe these images are photos of REAL cars, other than models in game...
...except this Levorg:
upload_2020-5-6_17-46-41.png

a4aede1669.jpg

https://minkara.carview.co.jp/image...e/2433125/plus/a4aede1669.jpg?ct=262be5382e69

Conclusion: I believe all the images that appeared in this clip come from existing resources, which probably means you can't drive them in game right now.

The impression I got is that racing sims are pretty close to the real thing these days, visually at least, the footage doesn't look a world away from GT Sport at a glance, with nextgen hardware they will get even closer. Hell I could see someone saying that this video doesn't look realistic or something like that :lol:

I want a Levorg in the next GT game so badly. Would be a nice competitor to the Stagea, Caldina and OG Legacy if they ever came back :D

Well, The cockpit cam sucks. There needs to be better options in GT games, for field of view. Most people dont have 3 monitors to use for extra reslism.

"Forester as an unlikely track day" I disagree... I took my Imported Forester STi (SG9 - Previous version) around a track. Ignore some of my choice lines it was my first time on track!
Unlikely doesn't mean impossible. My first track day had a Renault Megane Scenic on track.
Conclusion: I believe all the images that appeared in this clip come from existing resources, which probably means you can't drive them in game right now.
I mean... we already said that it's all real imagery, and there's no suggestion whatsoever that any of this is anything to do with GT Sport in any way.

Last edited:
It is clearly a real footage with a drone. I don't see how we could think this is a game ?! (I've watched it on a big screen, not on my phone perhaps this is why it's so obvious to me)

At 1:16 you can even see the "filming" car in the reflection...

Last edited:
there are one of two possibilities, regarding this enigmatic video:
First
a subaru car package for some upcoming GT
Second
some subaru cars for the GT sport.

Since I play Gran Turismo I have always used the bumper camera, it seems in this video, to be an oil carter camera. I do not know if I will adapt ,,, about the engine sound, never a boxer engine had this sound ,,, however, come on the GT7 prolongue and the people still at home. I would also love to know what "abacaxi" means in Japanese.

there are one of two possibilities, regarding this enigmatic video:
First
a subaru car package for some upcoming GT
Second
some subaru cars for the GT sport.
Third: It's nothing to do with GT, and is just a nice promotional video filmed in the GT-style.
I would also love to know what "abacaxi" means in Japanese.
Not much as it can't be written in Japanese... However, if you mean how you'd say the Portuguese word "abacaxi" (pineapple) in Japanese, it's "pineapple" (spelled painappuru).

Hats off to the Subaru, the fact that they pulled this off with all real footage is crazy. The title of this post was a little misleading because the video is actually completely real

I found this pretty weird. I liked the look of the upgrade system and how the cars are shown, as well as the HUD looked awesome but really, the graphics looked wack. It appears to be a real life stop-motion, but looks like they should have taken more frames and used a higher FPS. Overall however, I reckon something like this would be cool to see in a future GT game.

GF90kqW.jpg

This Screenshot shows the driver and is the best proof for the drone imo. Also the wind in the trees at 2:10 seems to realistic.

:idea:Driver is the optional avatar in the next game. Why do think all those real snaps of people around the tracks exist? :P:sly::lol:;)

However, I didn’t really experience the “uncanny valley” thing, somehow this felt much less realistic to me than, say, GTS visuals.

That's how it works, it's real but your brain tells you it's something less real than something you know isn't real. Sort of.

Back