Suggestion Box.

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 798 comments
Stock 300ZX would be an interesting choice (It would not be able to compete with the other cars you listed). And I don't recall the 300ZX being previously run in a WRS before.

Could be interesting... and I've never driven one... though I should at some point, considering my mum use to have one... though it was AT and NA :P Still had rearwheel steering though :D

I'm up for anything on a smaller course... Complex is just murder on my brain

I'm thinking street cars in a multi-lap race.

Just my initial thoughts, but all of the suggestions above can easily come into play with an idea like what I've just mentioned. :D

Something shorter man...

Well, if the course was fun, I could do multiple laps probably. I wanna say Trial Mountain, but we just did that. Hmm... Grand Valley Speedway, reverse? OR PERHAPS SSR5 Wet!?!

Mildly modified RGT on SSR5 (I or II) sounds kind of fun. I just ran a 611 hp (full n/a tune) version on Apricot Hill with sport brakes, liteweight 2, t8's, NO suspension and NO drivetrain mods. It was a blast.
Could also have a 2 car choice because the TVR is closely matched to the RGT.

Like:
deep forest
SSR5
Trial Mountain
Midfield
Apricot Hill

Dislike (after running CS II)
Grand Valley
SSR11
Cote

I dont like long tracks with walls, Grand Valley is long but its not too bad, SSR11 and Cote are just murder. Kent i would love a race on a track we have used very little, but is not too hard to get a clean lap, this week and week95 where so frustrating to get clean laps, I think we should have a nice easy flowing track, Deep Forest, i love this track backwards or forwards.

I'd still like a race at midfield. The short track would be a good change of pace after Complex String II.

Otherbrother you read my mind, I was just going to suggest Deep Forest 2 👍. MR sounds like a good drivetrain, maybe an arcade car.

No ones suggesting FWD cars so here i go again :D Mildly tuned or Fully Tuned FWD car on hmm... Deep forest (I/II) or at Seattle? Hey, now i know! How about Fully Tuned Celica SS-II (NOT the ST020) on Seattle, thats frustrating AND fun at the same time :D

I despise Deep Forest with all my heart, I seriously want to get my tires wet for any of the upcoming weeklies ;), the Citroen Xsara in the Wet course would be very challenging I must say

HeinrichII
I despise Deep Forest with all my heart, I seriously want to get my tires wet for any of the upcoming weeklies ;), the Citroen Xsara in the Wet course would be very challenging I must say

Pends on how you look at it... :indiff:

I would say the xsara on anything is easy... Beating the rest of the WRS competition on the other hand would be challenging to say the least. :lol:

Wet will come in time but no promises. ;)

Luxy
I could go for a spin in the Spoon Civic Type R 👍 ... Deep Forest II sounds nice...

NOOO!!!! no no no not the spoon!! :nervous: :( :(
normal one is so much cooler :D and i dont have the spoon civic anymore... accidently sold it :indiff:

otherbrother
C’mon. . the Spoon civic has the most hilarious engine sound in GT3
Sounds like a milkshake blender :lol:

:lol: thats true :lol: but still the original one waaayy cooler and more fun to drive :) HURRAAAHHH TO THE CIVIC TYPE R!!!

well youve got your wishes, deep forest II and spoon as well as CTR and ITR.

kent good job this week 👍

id like to get a 4wd car next week, something with some decent power, 22b vs EVO vs Skyline or something like that.

Small_Fryz
id like to get a 4wd car next week, something with some decent power, 22b vs EVO vs Skyline or something like that.
I think we will be driving MR and 4WD in the few next weeks if my conclusion is right :)
22b EVO and Skyline would be intresting.. But i gotta say, 3000gt would be a nice to take out for a ride too.

Kent if mine and speedzoner-t asumptions are right wed be running a MR in the not too distant future, Can we run either a Arcade NSX so we can do runs for db.database, that being said a modified NSX is just as good. The nsx is one of the best cars ive driven in gt3

Well,
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but next week was originally going to be something in the dirt. :ashamed:

The week after (week 104) is going to be something special.
Something we have never done before.

On that note, I think you will all like the idea... Or well, actually. :blush:
Some of you may like it, other might not. :indiff:

However, track selection for that week is not set in stone so if any of you would like to suggest a track for week 104 please feel free. :D

Dirt :( my top 8 or so finishes looks like it will go out the window. I may see how i go at dirt but im quite ****e.

as for a track well Grand Valley Forwards is a prestigies track. SSR11 and Cote are absoulte **** tracks. Trail Mountain Deep Forest and Midfield are all nice but used recently. Complex string = no. Rome we havnt used for long time, tokyo isnt to bad. Super Speedway and test course are gay. Apricott hill is quite fun as well. SSR5 we just did. Seattle isnt too bad. Laguea seca isnt bad either. I cant think of many more tracks. personllay Deep Forest is a brillant track but as we running it this week i dont think others will like to see it so soon.

No promises on any of what I just said.

Truth is, I might not do a rally now that I think of it.

I mean, do I really need to do a rally when Ron has been running the ARC series for the last few weeks now?
Rally racers should go there. :lol: ;)

As for the 104 track...
Forget about the wet!
It's not going to happen. Period.
Maybe some time down the road, but not any time soon... Especially since we just did ssr5 last week!

Now regarding the picks that small_fryz mentioned. 👍
Good suggestions but try to cut the list down a bit next time. ;)

My thoughts though...
Rome, Seattle, tokyo. 👍

Not because I like them but because we haven't raced them in a while.

Any way,
Keep the suggestions coming.
I appreciate all of the input. :bowdown:

id have to say Rome then, ive never tried to go fast at rome. Actually i think i did rome once in WRS way back when. Running Rome will help me gold that stupid lisence with the Zonda.

Right on, point taken. :D

On a side note:
I just want to mention one thing that really pisses me off about wet races and sim races...

I give in every now and again ...
However, every single time I set up a race on sim tires or on a wet course all of the participants go straight for the car with the most grip!
What the hell is that about?

Example:
The last sim tire race... Found Here!
Every last person in the race ran with the best grip car they felt good using.
The fastest laps were all in 4wd cars (celica gt-four being the over-whelming car of choice).
Only a handful of people ran something other than 4wd and all of the non-4wd cars were MR (except for crazy old smallhorses who ran the mini !!! :D )

Example #2:
The last Wet race, Found Here!
This was another race along the lines of what I said above.
I set up a 2.6 pwr limit so we could all make odd choices (like my own last place finish in the RGT!)
Instead of getting a list of odd cars and crazy lap times, I ended up printing out a list that was 90% MR-S Autobacs simply because it really was the fastest damn thing availible.

So I ask you all...
What is the point to running horrible conditions like wet courses or sim tires when all the racers involved just go straight for the car with the most grip?

Well, any way, :indiff:
Sorry, just got a bit worked up there. :(

Will try to keep my cool next time around. :D

btw, I am still going to get a wet race into the races. ;)
(even though I don't like them and most of the racers involved just try to negate the odd conditions there is no excuse for not getting a wet race in here or there!)

Back