[Suggestion] Head2Head Competition?

• Thread starter D-Mind
  • 36 comments
I will attempt at co-hosting, he is arranging for banners and such, although i think it would be best if 1 person could host this full time...
I certainly can't host it alone, judging I can do, choosing topics I can do but hosting I can't alone

I certainly can't host it alone, judging I can do, choosing topics I can do but hosting I can't alone
Choosing topics actually goes to the winner of the comp. Like if you have enter comp 035 for example, poll occurs during week 036 and the winner then is known and pucks the theme for week 037. Judging the photos that go through to the poll also goes to the person who picks the theme, but most of the time they all get through, have had enough entrants around here lately to need cuts. But yeah, unless this one is done differently that's how it normally goes.

Personally I don't really see any great need for another regular photo comp unless it has a real point of difference to the established competitions. A Head2Head comp doesn't offer anything new in my opinion so I wouldn't be interested in hosting it, however, I am seriously considering resurrecting the 3.0 comp. I do think an advanced editing comp does have a place and although it's had several failed attempts at getting going it's biggest downfall has been on the hosting side. I'll probably start a new discussion thread for that shortly. ;)

Personally I don't really see any great need for another regular photo comp unless it has a real point of difference to the established competitions. A Head2Head comp doesn't offer anything new in my opinion so I wouldn't be interested in hosting it, however, I am seriously considering resurrecting the 3.0 comp. I do think an advanced editing comp does have a place and although it's had several failed attempts at getting going it's biggest downfall has been on the hosting side. I'll probably start a new discussion thread for that shortly. ;)

That most definitely would add to the current comps, i understand your view!

Back