Suggestion to improve online racing

  • Thread starter Thread starter Potato_Head
  • 32 comments
  • 1,661 views
I don’t think SR is perfect, and I’ve had my ST tanked to B because of idiots, but it’s not hard to get it back.

There again you re enforce my position again with tanked because of idiots and it is not hard to get back.

If the SR S ranking was harder to obtain and retain then the idiots would not be in a SR S ranked races to begin with that would cause a loss of SR ranking.

The very highest SR ranking bracket should be a reward and goal to reach as for being one of the cleaner drivers with the absolute lowest percentage of contact incidents and out of control off track excursions at race pace for miles or laps driven of drivers within the game.

Riding around in the back not racing should not earn you a ticket into the SR S ranking. You need to prove that you can race clean around other cars to gain admittance, now I think many get the ranking by the hanging back at the back method but when they then try to race at the pace of the other racers their skill set is not developed to the point of being an actual S ranked driver in traffic at race pace.

Until you fix those problems you have not fixed the ranking to be what it should represent.
 
I read something a user mentioned in here, that SR has a hidden value that’s out of 100. The S is (for arguments sake) 90, then 90 isn’t going to be too much different to say A at 89, but if your SR goes blue S, it will go higher and higher so the less adept drivers will slowly be fewer and fewer.

While I don’t know if this is true, I have found that when my SR-S rating has increased to some extent as all my races are clean, only contact is when people are vindictive or make honest mistakes.
Which given that this happens in professional Motorsport would be hard for it to be stamped out using an automated system.

Absolutely correct re hidden values - see @Milouse stats thread for all detail.....

Incidentally per this data number of S SR drivers is 4% of all global players who have competed in Sport Mode so unlikely in reality everyone is S SR rated......

Its just that GT Planet will have higher pct of S SR as most are experienced racers.......
 
There again you re enforce my position again with tanked because of idiots and it is not hard to get back.

If the SR S ranking was harder to obtain and retain then the idiots would not be in a SR S ranked races to begin with that would cause a loss of SR ranking.

The very highest SR ranking bracket should be a reward and goal to reach as for being one of the cleaner drivers with the absolute lowest percentage of contact incidents and out of control off track excursions at race pace for miles or laps driven of drivers within the game.

Riding around in the back not racing should not earn you a ticket into the SR S ranking. You need to prove that you can race clean around other cars to gain admittance, now I think many get the ranking by the hanging back at the back method but when they then try to race at the pace of the other racers their skill set is not developed to the point of being an actual S ranked driver in traffic at race pace.

Until you fix those problems you have not fixed the ranking to be what it should represent.
Right, I’m not disagreeing with you on that, but if, once you obtain the SRS rank, you continue to improve your SR, you will stop being matched with those idiots.

To be honest, the way you rank up your SR is problematic, but without it I’d still be stuck with SRA idiots and instead I’m having some of the best racing I’ve had online.
 
Back