Suggestions for Ring' 24 hr enduro.

  • Thread starter Thread starter JFM92_GTRacer
  • 36 comments
  • 1,719 views
Messages
2,110
I'm planning to finally try this enduro during my winter break and first i just need a car suggestion. I want to race with this field:

-Both Audi DTM cars
-One JGTC car
-Alfa Romeo race car
-Chapparal, however you call it, 2D

These are the cars i plan to use and need suggestions for:
-M3 GTR Race car
-RX-7 LM Race car

^Which one do you prefer??? I plan on making a write-up on my experiences after the race. :) Thanks and please dont lock this! I searched.
 
Both racecars will give you a "sub 10 A-Spec point - winning by laps" race... In my 360Bhp Benz Evo II (street version) I reckon I could win with +3 laps - IF I'd driven from the start as I did in the end.. My next attack will be in a sub 300Bhp Benz Evo II...
 
I find the RX-7 LM Race car faster than the M3 GTR race car around the 'ring by about 20 seconds per lap if that help you any...
 
Try the Opera performance S2000, its a nice close race and you can get 200 points.
 
I want to have a race where it isnt an overkill but there is a possibility that i can win by +1 laps. AND also the most fun. :) I'm kinda leaning toward the Rx-7 though...
 
JFM92_GTRacer
I want to have a race where it isnt an overkill but there is a possibility that i can win by +1 laps. AND also the most fun. :) I'm kinda leaning toward the Rx-7 though...

I done it with the M3 GTR Race and it was way too easy. I am in my second save and I will try to win the race with a stock WRC.
 
It depends on your favour of region. UK or Japan.
However if you're looking for a bigger challenge, choose the rx7.
It's not that much harder to win with either of them though.
Plus the BMW M3 has better cornering capabilities.

But the bottom line is they're both two easy to win with so if you want a proper challenge pick a stock A-class car such as the legendary nissan skyline, Impreza, Supra or so fourth, with maybe a few minor mods. Though choose wisely because some of these cars are known can become quite unbalanced and flimsy, though you shouldn't really have any problems.

For tyres use R1's Super Hard Racing Tyres, as they are optimal for this enduro.

Have fun with the race.
 
GT Pro
It depends on your favour of region. UK or Japan.
However if you're looking for a bigger challenge, choose the rx7.
It's not that much harder to win with either of them though.
Plus the BMW M3 has better cornering capabilities.

But the bottom line is they're both two easy to win with so if you want a proper challenge pick a stock A-class car such as the legendary nissan skyline, Impreza, Supra or so fourth, with maybe a few minor mods.

Have fun with the race.
Heard Stock cars just fall apart during the enduro :) .
RX7 i guess...
NEXT, practice.
 
Use the Toyota Altezza Touring car or a WedsSport Toyota Celica... Something like that should do well.
 
JFM92_GTRacer
^Would it last long enough?
I did it in a Street Car.. It did get a little flimsy at the end, but no serious issues..
 
JFM92_GTRacer
^Would it last long enough?
Of course!
There is no real wear to the cars! And if you never ever redline the revs, the enginge lasts alot longer!
I recommend the Altezza touringcar. As it comes, no upgrades except R1 tyres.
 
Team666
Of course!
There is no real wear to the cars!
I beg to differ...

My Benz Evo II started to show some "odd" behaviour after 16 hours and the last 2 hours it was pretty erratic at some points.. Agreed - Had I done it in one seating, I'd probably had written it off as human errors, but I did it in 4 sessions, so I'm fairly confident that it was the car and not me...

And it did need a chassis rebuilding after the race....
 
Flerbizky
I beg to differ...

My Benz Evo II started to show some "odd" behaviour after 16 hours and the last 2 hours it was pretty erratic at some points.. Agreed - Had I done it in one seating, I'd probably had written it off as human errors, but I did it in 4 sessions, so I'm fairly confident that it was the car and not me...

And it did need a chassis rebuilding after the race....

I´ve only ever had that problem once, and that was when I tried fitting the rollcage to the car :ouch: Never do that! The body distortion that do occur is far less apparent if the rollcage is not fitted. And the refresh doesn´t work as well if you have a rollcage either :grumpy: Conclusion: Never ever EVER fit the rollcage!!!
 
I used a stock (no oil change) Renault Clio Race Car with 289hp.

Click here for the details. 👍
 
The Nissan Falken GT-R Race Car '04 finished just a little over 1 lap behind.

If you do decide to go with the Clio, try it with M3 GTR Race Car in the line up. I believe with the average laps I was running the margin of victory would've been around a minute or two. 👍
 
^Thats what I'm going to be doing the enduro with the next time I do it.
The last time I did the enduro I did it with the Renault Clio racecar, it was a awesome race. One of the best I've ever had. Very close.
 
Has anyone taken a preview of a lap to see what kind of laptimes the AI are pulling?

And as for the 320i Tourer, I can add that the stock M5 is almost as fast or faster depending how you look at it. Fitted with R1 tyres the M5 is probably faster. So if you want to try a production car...

timed laps for both cars:
BMW 320i Touringcar did 7´53.325 on R1 and can go much faster
BMW M5 did 7´57.364 on N2 and will be a lot faster on S1 on R1.
 
Has anyone done the race with the '63 Corvette Z06? And if so, is the racing close and how many A-spec points would I expect to win?
 
Team666
BMW 320i Touringcar did 7´53.325 on R1 and can go much faster
BMW M5 did 7´57.364 on N2 and will be a lot faster on S1 on R1.
Did you do that with a "stock" touring car or did you do anything to the engine at all?
 
Well i'm ending suggestions by the end of this week.
NEXT-> Preparations
CAR: 330i Touring car.
 
Lemke
Did you do that with a "stock" touring car or did you do anything to the engine at all?

Did nothing at all to any of the two cars. Well, The tourer was set up to fit my drivingstyle, but thats it. No oilchange or so.
 
Team666
Did nothing at all to any of the two cars. Well, The tourer was set up to fit my drivingstyle, but thats it. No oilchange or so.
ok thanks
just wonderin'
 
Back