Sunset | Sunrise

• Thread starter RaY29rus
  • 260 comments
That's the definition I use also - so why are these included? You aren't alone in this, just in case you thought I may have been commenting solely on your post.

Because they were taken at sunrise... Or do you need the sun to make it 'that time'...

U se this one as a wild card

sun-woman.jpg

Because they were taken at sunrise... Or do you need the sun to make it 'that time'...
As I leave work generally around sunrise for a lot of the year, and start close enough to sunset as makes little difference, I have seen pretty much all of the guises a sunset or sunrise can come in - my point, as it appears to be unclear, is that those two pictures (as well as a few others) were not taken even close to sunset or sunrise.

But that's okay, you wish to make fun of the matter, then I'll leave you to it.

As I leave work generally around sunrise for a lot of the year, and start close enough to sunset as makes little difference, I have seen pretty much all of the guises a sunset or sunrise can come in - my point, as it appears to be unclear, is that those two pictures (as well as a few others) were not taken even close to sunset or sunrise.

But that's okay, you wish to make fun of the matter, then I'll leave you to it.

Since your doubting the time they were taken and critizing others work...

You could be a better critic with wiser words. IMO

Since your doubting the time they were taken and critizing others work...

You could be a better critic with wiser words. IMO
What, and not sarcastic like your replies?

Classic...so a proper critique is what you would have preferred. Is there any point though, as you have already gone all precious about your babies?

To give some benefit of the doubt though: As the sky is plainly a strong blue in the last two pictures, indicating to me that the sun had risen at least an hour earlier, perhaps saving those particular pictures for another thread would have been better. If not, then a suitable comment above or below the pictures to draw the viewers attention to the freakish conditions that make it appear later in the day.

Last edited:
What, and not sarcastic like your replies?

Classic...so a proper critique is what you would have preferred. Is there any point though, as you have already gone all precious about your babies?

To give some benefit of the doubt though: As the sky is plainly a strong blue in the last two pictures, indicating to me that the sun had risen at least an hour earlier, perhaps saving those particular pictures for another thread would have been better. If not, then a suitable comment above or below the pictures to draw the viewers attention to the freakish conditions that make it appear later in the day.

So... What color is the sky on the opposite direction from where the sun rises\sets?

As for the last 2 pictures. Look at how the clouds are lit. From a horizontal plane indicating the Sun is just over the horizon (even the bottom of the cloud is lit by the sun). All pictures have been edited to bring up the highlights of the pictures thus the reason the sky is so blue. I don't consider myself a sunrise / sunset expert, but I have seen plenty with Blue skies.

Ares' shot with blue sky on a sunrise.

Also highly dependent on how you go about editing your work. For example. Ares' shot has a Square Sun; and he does that in order to bring out the colors of the car, otherwise the car is just a silhouette.

In summary. Not that I need to defend any of my work... but all of these were also taken during the same race and I still see a lot of blue skies.

PS. perhaps your comments were also better left 'unsaid' or in the trash thread.

SunRise BH II.jpg
SunRise BH III.jpg
Sunrise Brands Hatch.jpg

Last edited:
So... What color is the sky on the opposite direction from where the sun rises\sets?
That would depend on the conditions and which end of the day, no? It is rarely that kind of blue shown in the two shots in question.

...As for the last 2 pictures. Look at how the clouds are lit. From a horizontal plane indicating the Sun is just over the horizon (even the bottom of the cloud is lit by the sun). All pictures have been edited to bring up the highlights of the pictures thus the reason the sky is so blue. I don't consider myself a sunrise / sunset expert, but I have seen plenty with Blue skies...

...In summary. Not that I need to defend any of my work... but all of these were also taken during the same race and I still see a lot of blue skies...
Okay, so you have edited the shots for colour balance. I'm still not feeling it though - those clouds look to be lit from about an hour above the horizon. Surely, as you've been playing GT6 for some time, you'd be aware that the time progression can be altered to such an extent that one minute can equal an hour; Brands Hatch laps are about a minute.

Ares' shot with blue sky on a sunrise.
Quite a different blue though, wouldn't you agree?

...PS. perhaps your comments were also better left 'unsaid' or in the trash thread.
You know, I was happy to leave it at my last post. I'd said my piece and you yours. Though now you're suggesting my posts are the equivalent of trash-talking? Where in any of my posts has there been any disrespect? I pulled those up (without mentioning names) who have been a bit lax with their definition of when could be classed as sunrise/sunset. You have taken it personally, come back as sarcastic, defensive and generally antagonistic...so who is truly talking trash here?

Here are the two example pictures of yours again.

Last edited:
Here are some more pictures of 'pseudo' sunsets. Maybe the sunset police can vetted them as legit.

@MeanElf

Unedited so it has the right 'blue' just for you
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s_16 by SnailRacing.Org

and just for ***** and giggles. then since this one has no blue... must not be a sunrise either
Brands Hatch Grand by SnailRacing.Org

does this qualify as a Sunset? I mean.. the sun is not really on the horizon. what do you think?

Nürburgring GP_D_18 by SnailRacing.Org

how about this one?

Nürburgring GP_D_21 by SnailRacing.Org

but this one is not quite yet on the horizon .. so by definition is still not a sunset...

Nürburgring GP_D by SnailRacing.Org

Maybe this one.. even though the sun has done below the horizon
Nürburgring GP_D_2 by SnailRacing.Org

Nürburgring GP_D_8 by SnailRacing.Org

Nürburgring GP_D_25 by SnailRacing.Org

Anyway.. for all other non Elfs that appreciate good shots

Nürburgring GP_D_5 by SnailRacing.Org

Nürburgring GP_D_3 by SnailRacing.Org,

Nürburgring GP_D_9 by SnailRacing.Org

Last edited:
Back