Super Bowl XLIII - Steelers vs. Cardinals: Who are you pulling for?

Who do you want to win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Skynyrd1977

Semi-Retired
Premium
United States
North Carolina
GTP_MoLarryCheez
Which team do you want to win? The Arizona Cardinals who will be making their first time Super Bowl appearance, or the Pittsburgh Steelers who are going for a record setting 6th Lombardi Trophy to break the 3-way tie between them, San Fransisco, and Dallas?

For reference fun, attached are the past Super Bowl winners and their Super Bowl standings. San Fransisco, Pittsburgh, and Dallas are highlighted because they are tied for most wins.

*Edit: Updated Superbowl standings reflect XLIII

Attachments

• Superbowl standings 2009.pdf
    11.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Superbowl recaps 2009.pdf
    14 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I've cast my vote. :D

<---------------------

No bold predictions related to my team. That's a general rule I have. However, I will say that I believe the Steelers match up with this team better than any of the other NFC Playoff teams. Hoping for a runaway victory so I'm not pacing about the house the way I was during yesterday's game. :scared:

pittsburgh.jpg

It was there at one time , try again. :lol:

Last edited:
"Any given Sunday"
Thats why I have the same rule. Besides, Arizona is tuff. I like that the match up is between the two coaches who were the two finalists competing for Bill Cower's job! the one who got it vs. the one who didn't. And, Arizona not only has Ken Whisenhunt, but ALSO Russ Grimm...TWO former Steeler coaches! They are not to be taken lightly.

I voted.

Not really seen any NFL this year as I don't have Digital TV.

But GO CARDS.

(only because I have been a 49er for 25 years or so) :)

I gotta admit it would be great to see Arizona come out with the win. However, I don't really mind who wins... it should be a great game.

To be honest I dont care for either team. But I guess I dislike the Steelers less so I want them to win. Kurt Warner over the years has really smoked my Falcons,so I REALLY dont want him to be the Golden Boy all over again.

I wanted the Steelers to win, but something about the Arizona/Philly game (not the least of which being the incredible shock of them actually winning) made me want to root for Arizona in the big game.

both!

glad to see so many steelmen (and women?) in here. we're going for number 6

but i think I'd give the Cards all the encouragement they can get. after all, it's the first time they've been this far in, what, decades? no matter who wins, it's a noteworthy victory.

I gotta admit it would be great to see Arizona come out with the win. However, I don't really mind who wins... it should be a great game.

Same here.

Although if the Cards do win, it's really going to set next year's NFL regular schedule on it's ear: Forget about the first six weeks, and just plow through the 10-11 weeks left in the regular season, taking your momentum into the playoffs.

Okay, not really...but that's about how predictable this season and last season has been.

I figured the poll would be closer to 50/50, but looks like the underdog factor is kicking in two-to-one!

...I wonder what the results would look like in a high traffic thread like the Rumble Strip. I wouldn't have found this thread if the Steelers had not made the Super Bowl.

Last edited:
Wow, James Harrison showed up to play today, that was huge.

He is the best defensive player in the NFL, hands down.

That pick-6 (interception returned for a touchdown) by Pittsburgh was absolutely special to end the First Half. Currently 17-7 in favor of Pittsburgh inside of 8:00 left in the third. Pittsburgh is driving and just converted a First Down.

It's 20-7 after 45 minutes of game time. Now the boys in red will need to pick up the slack if they want to get a come-from-behind win over the powerhouse Steelers. But remember last year- the Giants knocked off a Patriots team that COULD have finished unbeaten. So this ain't over yet.

Pepsuber?!? At least RDA was actually in this one! :lol:

Down by 6 with 6 to go!

Back