Super Bowl XLIII - Steelers vs. Cardinals: Who are you pulling for?

Who do you want to win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Exactly what I just said. :lol:

EDIT: I bet godaddy.com is slammed...

Last edited:
Well, the boys from Pitt did it. They won 27-23. I'm sure Max Powers is partying in his underwear right now... either that, or smiling from ear to ear.

[UPDATE] Arizona has nothing to be ashamed of. They played good ball. But in my view, they had a lot of penalty problems and seemed more like they wanted to beat Pittsburgh... in a shoving match. It was a chippy final quarter, but the black/white/gold got it done. This is their sixth Super Bowl championship (not "World Championship").

Last edited:
That was not a fumble. But whatever. Warner and crew did a fantastic job and probably did better than anybody thought they would.

Congrats on the win Steelers. And Cardinals, they'll be back for S'More!

CONGRATULATIONS STEELERS :cheers: on a 6th Super Bowl Championship

Wow,what a Super Bowl. The best one I have seen in a long time. 👍

CONGRATULATIONS CARDINALS 👍
A lot af heart was shown by Arizona,they have nothing to be ashamed of.Hold your head up high guys,you played a very good game.

( IMO ) - play of the game : James Harrison's 100yd pick 6 ( congrats home state guy 👍 )

Commercials this year were epic fail.

The call on the last play was also bogus. That was a forward pass. They didn't want my boy Larry Fitzgerald to get a shot, and you can bet that people had tons of money on the Steelers. It's all politics.

MIP award goes to Larry Fitzgerald and an honorable mention to Darnell Dockett.

MVP should obviously be Roethlisberger. I seriously don't know how Santonio Holmes won it. A lot of important balls went right through his hands. Ben, on the other hand, was perfect tonight.

Also, the hell with Harrison. That guy is an unsportsmanlike animal. He made a hell of a play, but in the second half he apparently lost his humanity. His punching and throwing on that (excellent) punt play was disgusting.

Yeah, no commercials really stood out to me. I did like the Bud Light commercials and stuff, but that's about it. I've always thought Larry Fitzgerald was one of the finest receivers in the NFL and college. In fact, I always say Larry Fitzgerald should have won the Heisman that year than Chris Simms (though I don't know Simms much).

Next year's Super Bowl (according to http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/futuresites ):
at Dolphin Stadium on CBS. So next year's Super Bowl will be in the same state as the one that concluded an hour ago. I'm sure the Dolphins would love to play a glorified home game if the Dolphins are AFC Champions in the 2009 season.

Actually, the Hyundai Coupe one wasn't bad.

Still, writers for anything funny must've been far too expensive. I mean, Pepsi pretty much wasted 6 million bucks.

The one thing I didn't enjoy, as previously mentioned was Harrison's cheap shots. I'm glad he was called out on it, and I agree with Madden that he should have been kicked out of the game. The 100 yard return was good, but that ***hole move took the coolness of it away for me. Regardless, both teams played a hell of a game.

As far as ads, I thought the Denny's commercial was pretty good. 👍

Wow, that was damn dramatic. Kurt Warner attempts a desperation pass...then fumbles. Pretty sure that Ken Whisenhunt would have had a brief moment of cardiac arrest and fainted had he made it :lol:. Still, I guess congrats to the Steelers, but even more congrats to the Cardinals - who not only made it to their first Super Bowl, but managed to pressure the winner of the most - the Steelers - right to the end.

Whisenhunt is a hell of a coach though. It seems like all the guys who have assisting positions at the Cowboys and Steelers wind up being awesome head coaches.

I've no idea who the Pittsburgh #92 is, but he sure looked happy when Holmes picked that Tyree-esque catch with 37s left.

Perhaps because he'd done his absolute best to throw the game away by behaving like an utter spastic and punching a guy on the ground. :rolleyes:

Edit: Apparently it was James Harrison, who scored that 100 yard return interception... Go figure. Perhaps landing on his head in the endzone affected him in some way...

Now the Steelers are officially the best team of all time.

What a game last night. Ben showed that he can be clutch when he needed to be again, and like the rest of the playoffs, Santonio Holmes had a spectacular game, I'm really impressed with how he stepped his game up for the playoffs this year, he's been one of our best players out there every night.

Silverback (Harrison) showed why he's the best defensive player in the game right now, and Arizona couldn't even stop him, they had to hold him the entire game to keep him from causing trouble. Him and Woodley are going to be dominating the NFL sack charts for years to come.

My MVP goes to Roethlisberger though, he played a teriffic game (can't fault him much for the tipped INT) and once again showed how he's becoming one of the most clutch passers in the game with some great 4th quarter heroics.

Can't wait to go downtown for the superbowl parade soon.

Time to start working on number 7, go Steelers!

Now the Steelers are officially the best team of all time.

No, they are the most successful franchise.

I've no idea who the Pittsburgh #92 is, but he sure looked happy when Holmes picked that Tyree-esque catch with 37s left.

Perhaps because he'd done his absolute best to throw the game away by behaving like an utter spastic and punching a guy on the ground. :rolleyes:

Edit: Apparently it was James Harrison, who scored that 100 yard return interception... Go figure. Perhaps landing on his head in the endzone affected him in some way...

Yeah that's what I think. He knocked his head and forgot how to suppress the hulk rage.

Great game, though gotta say I didn't catch the second half due to being out the night before aswell.

Caught the second on BBC iPlayer, great ending, but everyone here was going for the Cardinals!

Like I said before, Arizona has NOTHING to be ashamed of. Probably just safe to say that the better team won. Arizona worked too hard and battled too hard to suffer disappointment from not winning the big one. It's not like Arizona is the college equivalent of Ohio State or Oklahoma. Kurt Warner has been talking about contemplating retirement. He had a chance to make this a nice comeback, but he just didn't make it. I just... I'm just being a good sport of all this. Congratulations to the Steelers. Perhaps I'm happy since I'm impartial to the AFC and Pittsburgh won as an AFC team. Let the Pro Bowl come around, let the NFL Draft come around... then we'll all be ready to lace 'em up and start hitting next season!

I think winning more Super Bowls than anybody else is enough for that. Like them or not, nobody else has won six.

Ah, so when you said best team you meant most superbowls won by the franchise.

That's a little different. It's also not the only way you could measure the success of a franchise. You could measure it in terms of dollars acquired, games won, hall of famers inducted, post-season games won, most consistently good, etc.

Ah, so when you said best team you meant most superbowls won by the franchise.

That's a little different. It's also not the only way you could measure the success of a franchise. You could measure it in terms of dollars acquired, games won, hall of famers inducted, post-season games won, most consistently good, etc.

Well documented here -

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=nflrankings/1-10/080917

And with an additional Super Bowl appearance and win, it looks like the Steelers would pass the Cowboys for first place.

Being from Pittsburgh, born and raised there through the 70s, watching the first 4 wins as a teen, I have to say that I don't know if I've ever been prouder of the Steelers.

What a game, big time congrats to Arizona, I was telling everyone through the first 3 quarters that Arizona was going to come back and take the lead, no one beleived me. When they did I said, "this is where we'll find out if the Steelers are Champioinship quality". They proved it. That last drive was epic cinderella story, come-back-kid stuff.

EDK

I don't agree with this article, I would cite the 3 Super Bowl match ups between the Steelers vs. the Cowboys as justification that the Steelers should have edged them out, since Pittsburgh won 2 of them.

However...

EDK
And with an additional Super Bowl appearance and win, it looks like the Steelers would pass the Cowboys for first place.

...you are correct here, so it's all moot.

There's a new song floating around, called "Stairway to Seven".
It'll put a smile on your face! :)

Last edited:
Neither team! I only watch if my SF49ners are playing ! And i'm not sure, but the only unbeaten Superbowl team! Five out of Five!! We need another Joe Montana and Jerry Rice!!!!!

Neither team! I only watch if my SF49ners are playing ! And i'm not sure, but the only unbeaten Superbowl team! Five out of Five!! We need another Joe Montana and Jerry Rice!!!!!

You are correct, the only team undefeated in the superbowl. I always was a Montana fan, but of course, he's from Pittsburgh. 👍

Back