Super Car Challenge

• Thread starter Hun200kmh
  • 529 comments
I too played for the Beta, but havent heard anything since, after I replyed to the second email. Has anyone been contacted about it ?

I didn't apply. And it seems that all emails already sent won't count, they changed the rules and you must submit for the beta testing in an online form (or something like that). News about it are to be made public next monday, so keep an eye on eutechnyx's forum.

Good luck to you guys.

In their forum they anounced that they are going to postpone the start of the beta because of holidays. Also because of that they prolonged the end date for aplying to the beta test program to 16 december.

So if anyone is still interested, that can try to send them a mail.

http://forums.eutechnyx.com/index.php/topic,105.0.html

EDIT !

They also posted that some kind of online submission will be made aviable in a few days. kinda a litle confusing, if that submission is for everyone or only people who mailed them, and what happens with the mails that we sent them.

Last edited:
This is out in the spring......I'm still waiting for the "monthly" DLC car packs for ferrari challenge! I like FC and there patching came quick and fast (in the UK) but I can't help but have a little bit of a sour taste in my mouth after seeing the release date.

Why throw good money after bad? We're paying for on the job training. They have to prove themselves to get any money from smart people.

I'm pleased to hear this news, FC was flawed in areas such as framerate, but so much was right.

Unfortunately FC's flaws meant I sold it on after a week.

I hope they allow for different makes of car to race against each other in SCC. Ferrari Challenge i think would have been even more fun having that incorporated, F40 vs F50 races. But from what i can make out of the pics from IGN, all the cars appear to be the same model.

Still, looking forward to it, hopefully they can improve on what they started with FC. FC is such a great game, just a few niggling flaws hold it back. Would love to see DLC for it sometime too, although it wouldnt surprise me to see the DLC shuffled over to SCC instead.

I hope it's the sim that ferrari challenge ought to be...

FC is good, but it misses a lot.. in SCC i would LOVE to see pitstops, tirewear, fuel loss, flags, better damage, dynamic weather effects, night time racing and endurance races with all before mentioned points.

I'm dubious about this as I've said in the other thread on the PS3 section, but just got the DF GT today and FC has been transformed for me! I'll defernatly be jumping in some of those supercars..........just lets prey theres actual 40 of them on the disk!

As time goes by and more screen shots of Super Car Challenge are posted in the Eutechnyx forum and small but interesting details become available, I find I'm becoming quite excited about this game. I was initially underwhelmed with the concept and felt it was nothing but a big bug fix for Ferrari Challenge with different cars. But it seems like Eutechnyx has learned from many of the errors made in FC and also incorporated many ideas and suggestions from forum regulars and made them a reality. Although SCC will still lack many of the advanced features (tire wear, pit stops, fuel levels) that would make it a true simulation, it sounds like with this game, we may end up with the best simulator on the PS3 yet.

But the fact that neither Beta Testing nor an organized marketing campaign as officially started, leads me to believe that this title will be delayed considerably from it's suggested 'early spring' release. We already heard the NTSC release will be several months behind the PAL release. Perhaps System 3 learned from this as well and decided not to release too many details that in the end turn out to be concepts they won't be able to deliver on. In my opinion Ferrari Challenge was released prematurely with a lot of bugs and issues that hurt it's reputation. And I would much rather with SCC, they get it 'right', even if it means delays. So I'm waiting and watching.

Anybody else as eager for this as I am? 👍

I'm anticipating it with excitement. What else is there GRID? Bored me. GT5p? Bored me.

The only racer that keeps my attention is FC. So SCC can be only a good thing. Just hope they keep the lobby system.

This was posted in eutechnyx forums and I guess it is interesting. The source is this webpage: http://www.gamersdigest.net/1184/new-supercar-challenge-video/

Challenge Mode: this career mode allows you to tour the globe taking on the various racing challenges that are thrown at you. Whether that means simply taking pole, completing a race with no damage or simply staying on the track in wet conditions, you’ll be scored on every aspect of your race. This score will then translate into Race Points, which you can use to buy new cars for your showroom, test drive new cars or buy one of the many livery packs and vinyl elements intended for car decoration.

I was convinced that SCC would not appear until well into 2009 - at least not if they made a serious attempt to deliver it "bug-free". That's why I would have prefered that they put the time into "fixing" FC first. By the time SCC appears it may well be bumping into the release of GT5, which would be the kiss of seath for it IMO.

I DON'T particularly want them to include "mission"-style races, pit-stops, tire wear, day/night events, pace cars, turn indicators, functioning horns, seat-belts or cigarette lighters! All that's necessary is the same great phyiscs as FC, less garish graphics & a clean online frame rate, & I will be perfectly happy...

It would be nice if Super Car Challenge didn't require the user to jump through as many "hoops", just to unlock all the cool cars, as it is in FC. I enjoy racing competitive races, but continually starting from 16th, and needing to pass everyone to get to first, isn't very realistic, or enjoyable, IMO. It would be nice if all, or at least most, cars were available from the get go, and that they would simply require a certain amount of credits to purchase.

In particular, the arcade style races are really annoying me. I really want the classic Ferraris, but I gotta go through all these damn hoops to get there. Its enough to make me wanna rip the disc in half. 👎:grumpy:

I work and go to school full time, and its usually only the weekends, where I can try to unlock these cars. Its mighty frustrating, having to do 4 races in a row, uninterupted. :yuck:

It game should be named : "Ferrari Challenge you to not shove the disc in the shredder"

Yes, I am extremely frustrated right now. Could you tell?

Last edited:
But really though in the 3 Challenge series you dont have to start 16th you can Qualify for the first race on each weekend,then second race you start where you finished in first race. In Trophy you start 16th in first race then it gos off your finish spot.

I never even tried the Arcade mode. If you are in a hurry to get all cars do the challenges, just make sure you qualify high enough on the grid for your first race. And then set the races to 5 minutes each.

The other way is through Trophies, but there you can't change the race duration (it is set at 10 minutes) and there's no qualifying, so the first race in every trophy makes you start at the back (16th).

Lofasz: while it's true that FC is not as open in its structure as F1CE, I've got to say that I never found progressing through FC frustrating. Completing the 430 Challenge race series will unlock pretty much all the cars, & winning those races is not that difficult if you set the AI on one of the easier levels. If you are not able to win the races on the easier AI levels it means that you still need to familiarize yourself with the tracks, in which case, running the Challenge races is a reasonable way to achieve that. I would actually suggest setting the races on a longer time frame, as it gives you more time to catch up with the leading cars & also more time to learn the tracks.

IMO, once you have unlocked the cars & tracks, if you're not playing online (which is the best option), running races in the Quick Race mode is the most fun, as you can choose the track, the car, the difficulty level & the length of the race & the size of the grid. The AI is much "smarter" than the GT5P AI & will offer you a reasonably difficult race (on the hardest setting) even once you are pretty experienced.

Based on what I've read online elsewhere, the only way I can unlock the 512M is by winning in Arcade, Intermediate level. If there's another way, that would be terrific.

Lofasz: I think you're getting worked up over nothing - getting the cars is not as complicated as you're imagining. Just complete the 3 Challenge series & you should have most of the cars. I don't think I have completed ANY of the Arcade races & I got the 512M a long time ago - I'm pretty sure by completing one of the races in the Challenge series.

Back