Super Formula SF23 Confirmed for Gran Turismo 7’s April Update

• Thread starter Famine
  • 149 comments
Since there are no tracks coming, I hope they at least update the Suzuka Circuit logo for later this month, because It's been more than a year the logo has changed. Suzuka would definitely feel refreshed to receive the SF23.

View attachment 1245412

I mean, this cannot be hard to add.
Has PD ever updated the signage for other tracks in either GTS or GT7? Some definitely are getting a bit long in the tooth, and for example Reiza Studios added the 2022 Spa changes pretty quickly after last year's GP so if a much smaller team can do it I can't imagine it's such an impossibility for PD.

Good reference for players to replicate. Time of day and improved physics, might get us close to those numbers.

Those numbers i drove in gtsport already with the sf19 and quicker in Gt7. The new geometry since patch 1.31 for the SF19 ruin the hole agility from the car.
The new default setup sheet for sf19 must be a bug or a realy bad joke from PD. Half of the values are maxed out the other half is 5 klicks above minimum, the aero and righthide is on the bare minimum.
On 1 minute tracks like Laguna is the sf19 already 2 sec slower and in spa round abound 3.5 sec. Right now the sf19 perform worse then in gtsport.

Last edited:
Those numbers i drove in gtsport already with the sf19 and quicker in Gt7. The new geometry since patch 1.31 for the SF19 ruin the hole agility from the car.
The new default setup sheet for sf19 must be a bug or a realy bad joke from PD. Half of the values are maxed out the other half is 5 klicks above minimum, the aero and righthide is on the bare minimum.
On 1 minute tracks like Laguna is the sf19 already 2 sec slower and in spa round abound 3.5 sec. Right now the sf19 perform worse then in gtsport.
And still no bop. I fear the 23 will not be able to be bopped also. I know we can have a PP limit for lobbies, but still the car can be tuned with settings. I need a new set-up for her again. It drives so differently now on wheel

And still no bop. I fear the 23 will not be able to be bopped also. I know we can have a PP limit for lobbies, but still the car can be tuned with settings. I need a new set-up for her again. It drives so differently now on wheel
I tryed all i can do, the sf19 is not tunable in a healthy matter. That car is broken because of the wierdo setupsheet, geomitry changes and the 20pp los in its default form. You have to go low to gain speed but nearly every kerb equal spining. Even in real they dont drive that car so low.
I can only imagin that someone from pd watched the new f1 cars and thought sf19 hase to be the same righthide and ruin all. I stop entirely driving this car. Is a waste of time.
But sadly it is not only the sf19 also toyota hybrid got hit and the porsche 919.
The porsche can reach irl le mans 339kmh now it reach barely 308 even with mid turbo installed. The toyota got a pp hit but still reach more than 330kmh but drops to 871 pp on soft tires, very strange. Some wierd things happens and i hope pd fix it 🤞🏼

Last edited:
Has PD ever updated the signage for other tracks in either GTS or GT7? Some definitely are getting a bit long in the tooth, and for example Reiza Studios added the 2022 Spa changes pretty quickly after last year's GP so if a much smaller team can do it I can't imagine it's such an impossibility for PD.
Fuji did get signage updates between games.

I tryed all i can do, the sf19 is not tunable in a healthy matter. That car is broken because of the wierdo setupsheet, geomitry changes and the 20pp los in its default form. You have to go low to gain speed but nearly every kerb equal spining. Even in real they dont drive that car so low.
I can only imagin that someone from pd watched the new f1 cars and thought sf19 hase to be the same righthide and ruin all. I stop entirely driving this car. Is a waste of time.
But sadly it is not only the sf19 also toyota hybrid got hit and the porsche 919.
The porsche can reach irl le mans 339kmh now it reach barely 308 even with mid turbo installed. The toyota got a pp hit but still reach more than 330kmh but drops to 871 pp on soft tires, very strange. Some wierd things happens and i hope pd fix it 🤞🏼
Sorry to hear. Hoping that the SF23 is better. I'll wait until it comes to drive Superformula again

I think they need to hurry up, as Kaz can't get away with the usual "Update is coming next week" if SF23 is supposed to come out this month. :lol:

R3V
It ruined all cars. LMP's drive like front wheel drive minivans now.
I wouldnt say all cars. Up to gr.2 it is more or less fine but after that the cars feels weird. High downforce cars felt more low downforce now.

Sure your throttle pedal/button isn't stuck? Both lifting and braking are definitely getting me out of the problem you're having in every car I've driven. :lol:
Strange how every other sim I've played I'm able to drive the same (including GT7 last patch) but for some reason now in GT7 I have to entirely change how I modulate the throttle and brake otherwise the car understeers off into the wall every turn.

Oh well. Must be more realistic now!

I’m thinking that an event for the SF23 would be best as a single race event - possibly even as a new Bonus Menu - with three rounds between Suzuka, Fuji, and Autopolis. Then, if/when Twin Ring Motegi is added, another round of that event could be held there, just like how we’ve recently received a WTC 800 round at the Nurburgring Endurance layout.

Last edited:
I’m thinking that an event for the SF23 would be best as a single race event - possibly even as a new Bonus Menu - with three rounds between Suzuka, Fuji, and Autopolis. Then, if/when Twin Ring Motegi is added, another round of that event could be held there, just like how we’ve recently received a WTC 800 round at the Nurburgring Endurance layout.
On the topic of tracks being added, i reckon thats why we dont have anymore championships. Maybe they dont want to mess around tweaking, adding tracks to championships that people have already completed. But having said that, i dont care if they tweak them to make them more enjoyable, just cant see poly doing it.

Can definitely see one of those events being added that you mentioned but ive been surprised by the lack of events that seemed common sense to add at the time.
Bathurst endurance race being one of them.
... Gr.1 at le mans...

Either way, more events in general is good and i enjoy them all.

Last edited:
Sure your throttle pedal/button isn't stuck? Both lifting and braking are definitely getting me out of the problem you're having in every car I've driven. :lol:
Press-X-To-Doubt-Feature-Image.jpg

Let's not turn this into the physics thread though.

edit

Mods, image won't show. Kindly delete.

Last edited:
Strange how every other sim I've played I'm able to drive the same (including GT7 last patch) but for some reason now in GT7 I have to entirely change how I modulate the throttle and brake otherwise the car understeers off into the wall every turn.

Oh well. Must be more realistic now!
Oh well indeed, I didn't have to change much of what I was already doing in the first place. 🤷🏻‍♂️

If the PD will add SF23 this month, I think the marketing proves to be sloppy and should be better worked on on social media. It seems exactly like a decision contrary to what should be done. For the GT7 series and the Super Formula business, this kind of neglect is puzzling. It doesn't seem normal in other media and virtual businesses. Such indifference is bad for creating consumer enthusiasm and a negative influence for future GT7 partners.

Last edited:
If the PD will add SF23 this month, I think the marketing proves to be sloppy and should be better worked on on social media. It seems exactly like a decision contrary to what should be done. For the GT7 series and the Super Formula business, this kind of neglect is puzzling. It doesn't seem normal in other media and virtual businesses. Such indifference is bad for creating consumer enthusiasm and a negative influence for future GT7 partners.
I mean this is great news, but are you really expecting them to talk everyday about it?
:confused:🤔

Back