Super Formula SF23 Confirmed for Gran Turismo 7’s April Update

• Thread starter Famine
  • 149 comments
Super GT cars are a staple of the Gran Turismo series. I’ve no doubt the likes of the new Supra and Z GT500’s will arrive. There’s a less compelling case for the NSX, but it makes sense to make all three.

But GT7 also desperately lacks single-seaters & one-make cars. For a series with such a strong online component, such cars are great for close, competitive racing. Not to mention great for livery creators.
There are very good reasons for the NSX as well as for the rest. The 2020-2023 NSX is a front-engined car that was made at the request of the Germans and the DTM. Having switched to a front-mounted layout, Honda had no experience with such a layout with the "Class 1" regulation, this applies to both weight distribution and the cooling system. In addition, the NSX for the first time lost the "special weight ballast" that was applied only to it as an MR layout car. Nevertheless, Honda was able to build the best car in the GT500 class the first time around, and win the 2020 championship despite half the races taking place at the Fuji circuit, which was more suited to the newest Supra. Also the following year, the NSX was once again the best car in the GT500 class, having the best aerodynamics and an economical and powerful engine, the #100 crew did not get the final victory only because of an accident by Ren Sato of the ARTA team. And in the end, the 2020, 2017 and 2016 NSX models will report significantly in the field of aerodynamics and just visually as well as the 2014-2015 and 2016 Audi R18 prototypes, because the GT500 is also a prototype in its essence, where the aerodynamics are upgrated every 2 years, and the engines 2 times per year.

1673874345643.jpeg

1673873955541.jpeg

Last edited:
I vividly remember piloting the Ferarri F2007 and F10 in GT5 as the finest prestige the game had to offer. May we have them back in GT7 pretty please? I'll gladly pay 50M cr for ea.

Last edited:
It's rumoured that the Dallara SF23 Super Formula '23 will be released in late May. That is just my prediction.
If it's your prediction, it's not a rumour.

On what evidence are you basing this prediction? I gave mine earlier in the thread:

The last one arrived in March 2019, between the second pre-season test (March 26/27) and the first race at Suzuka (April 21).

If the SF23 is coming, I'd expect it to be at a similar point, so late March (23/30) ahead of R1/2 at Fuji on April 7-8.
Apropos of nothing, the other day in another thread I spoke of naughty third-party sites who scrape stories and run them through a thesaurus to change the copy and... one of them did this to our article:

1674263624896.png

If you think I'm going to call Super Formula "Tremendous System" from now on,

Animated GIF

Last edited:
Hey all!

Thought I’d drop in, and report another little teaser from Super Formula (this time the official account)

Click on the likes, the official account liked the tweet, and I’ve noticed over the last few days they’ve started using English also. So I believe both accounts are ran by the same team, so if I had to guess the SF23 is very much around the corner, maybe even this month?

Interesting, one of the links points to autonomous driving.
Japan Race Promotion Co., Ltd. (headquarters: Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, President: Yoshihisa Ueno, hereinafter "JRP"), which hosts the All Japan Super Formula Championship (hereinafter "SUPER FORMULA"), has advanced technology in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. The UAE Advanced Technology Research Council (ATRC), a research institute, has formed a partnership with ASPIRE (CEO: Dr. Ray O. Johnson), which is responsible for program development. It has been decided that Dallara's new machine "SF23", which will be introduced to SUPER FORMULA from this year, will be adopted as the vehicle for the first autonomous driving race league in the Middle East, which is aiming to launch.

Seems like something SOPHY could do. ;)

Last edited:
English account liking certain replies now…Motegi & Sugo?
I can't help but feel you're putting an awful lot of stake here into "Twitter account likes engagement"

SF23 is almost a certainty but anything further than that is Copium to the highest degree. At this point they're just liking tweets related to people looking forward to them being in the game.

I can't help but feel you're putting an awful lot of stake here into "Twitter account likes engagement"

SF23 is almost a certainty but anything further than that is Copium to the highest degree. At this point they're just liking tweets related to people looking forward to them being in the game.
Not at all, I like good mere speculation chat 😁 but having both accounts liking stuff is…intriguing no?

Really hope they come. Feel it's more likely then not, but time will tell.

If they introduce the SF23, hopefully they will finally fix the fact that the game defines Super Formula's overtake function as nitrous. It prevents lobbies to be run with BoP/Fixed setup, prompting you to be in violation of the lobby regulations. Because of this, a fixed setup can not be enforced in lobbies, which is bad for league racing.

Or, let you allow the nitrous in lobbies despite having tuning off/BoP on.

Back