SUPER GT B-Spec Season 2 (Open for entries)

• Thread starter Suzumiya
  • 205 comments
Thanks, here we go then. :P

Team Name: Perl-Speed GP Japan
Class: GT500
Number: #888
Drivers: Pablo Nunoz (MEX), Troy Smith (CAN)
Car: Aston Martin DBR9 (sponsored by Sabaton)
Tire: Dunlop

Last edited:
OKUMA MOTORSPORTS DISPLAYS CAR FOR NEXT SEASON

11-19-2016, Monterrey, California - After taking a season off from the Japanese Super GT series, Okuma Motorsports will return next season with an all new car in the GT300 class - the Cadillac ATS-V.R. Following wide success with a factory-backed effort in the Pirelli World Challenge in 2016, Cadillac Racing sought to extend their program worldwide, providing factory support to select teams participating in non-American racing championships. Okuma MS was selected to be one of these teams, due to their rich background with GM, and their large success in multiple championships around the world. The team has been preparing the car for the upcoming season, and took some time to ship the car over from Japan in order to do a special livery reveal for the press at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. Drivers Giulanio Ansaldi and Madeleine Brookland, as well as team manager Hideyoshi Okuma were on hand for the event, which took place this past Tuesday. The three pulled the cover off of the car to reveal this year's paint scheme. In usual Okuma fashion, the Cadillac is draped in a vibrant blue and yellow design, wearing the number 22. Once pictures had been taken, Ansaldi and Brookland took to the track for a few demonsrtation laps, showcasing the vehicle's massive aero and powerful turbocharged V6 engine. Here are some pics snagged from the event.

SGT Caddy.png

SGT Caddy2.png

SGT Caddy3.png

SGT Caddy4.png

Sponsors:
-Okuma Corporation
-BBS Wheels
-Bosch
-BorgWarner Inc.
-Brembo
-Michelin
-MOMO
-Mobil 1
-Motorola
-Penske Racing Shocks
-ZF Group

See you on track this season!

Team Name: Lightning Breakers Racing Project featuring AKB48
Number: 48
Class: GT300
Car Choice: Mooncraft Shiden
Drivers: TBA (will edit this post)
Tires: Advan

The real-life idol machine is back. :D

Drivers: Kai Ishiguro (Japan), Carlo Marino (Italy)

Also, the livery is pretty much same as last season, except Divekick will no longer appear in the car, although Iron Galaxy still appears as a minor sponsor, plus Discord. :)

Now watch the Merc absolutely clean house in GT300. #F1Jokes

Last edited:
Since GT500 still seems to not be full yet, i suppose i could join in as the 15th 16th entry.

Team Name: Wildcard Autoracing Team
Number: 9 (With 156 as an alternative if Ettick has already decided to keep the number from last season)
Class: GT500
Car Choice: Murcielago R-GT On the slight basis that there currently doesn't seem to be too many of those on the list.
Drivers: Ivan Rossiyan, Naohito Komatsu
Tire Supplier: Michelin

Testing for Season 2 has begun, and so far, so good. Speeds are blisteringly fast and match real world lap times. Starting to pinpoint the season start in early February to give good time for liveries.

I suppose rFactor would be too strenuous on my PC. That sucks because this idea looks great and I'd love to participate.

You don't need the game itself. The templates are in the OP to download. You just need to fill the entry form (also in the OP), grab the template for your chosen car and make a scheme, or commission the resident painters here to make a scheme for you if you struggle with the templates.

You don't need the game itself. The templates are in the OP to download. You just need to fill the entry form (also in the OP), grab the template for your chosen car and make a scheme, or commission the resident painters here to make a scheme for you if you struggle with the templates.

Alright, I'll join. I'll be back in a day or two.

@Suzumiya

Team Name: ONCorse Ferrari (Ontario Ferrari Racing)

Number (002-999): 020

Class: GT300

Car Choice: Ferrari 488 GT3

Drivers: Tony Graham (CAN), Maryeve Dufault (FRA)

Tires: Bridgestone

I may need help creating a livery later on, it's mostly going to be flat red with some stripes of green and white. I need to make a logo too. Something like this:

image.jpg

Last edited:
Is there anybody here willing to do my above livery? It's very simple:

-Base colour is bright red, something akin to Rosso Scuderia or Corsa.
-Number plates are "020" (make sure the 0 is in front please.)
-Segmented Green/White lines
-Various sponsers around the car, doesn't really matter. I can make a team logo for the side of the car and upload it later.
-A white roof

If you help me with this, a huge thanks in advance for allowing me to participate. I own photoshop, but I have no experience with texture maps or the like. If nobody is willing to do this, can someone at least get me started with editing the files from the Mega download?

Last edited:
Is there anybody here willing to do my above livery? It's very simple:

-Base colour is bright red, something akin to Rosso Scuderia or Corsa.
-Number plates are "020" (make sure the 0 is in front please.)
-Segmented Green/White lines
-Various sponsers around the car, doesn't really matter. I can make a team logo for the side of the car and upload it later.
-A white roof

If you help me with this, a huge thanks in advance for allowing me to participate. I own photoshop, but I have no experience with texture maps or the like. If nobody is willing to do this, can someone at least get me started with editing the files from the Mega download?

I'm gonna take a look at the file. If there's a carviewer like the Viper CC had I can have it done by Christmas. If not, I can still do it, but I'll need another rFactor image source to work through, and that's not the easiest to come by.

Either way, set up a convo and I'll return shortly to discuss in detail.

Christmas Eve update, hooray!

Stepping back and examining the depth of this series... to be honest, there isn't much. :boggled: Even though a lot of entries have already been made, I'm thinking of what else to do with this. Though 35 entries AGAIN would be a PITA...

Otherwise, some AIW complications on some tracks, SUGO again, but can be fixed by myself

Last edited:
Entries and liveries due January 23rd. Can give time to those with special cases, but other than that, we're getting set in February.

Just a quick question, does anyone save the replays of these races? Are they uploaded to YouTube?

Anyways, my livery is looking pretty professional, all thanks to @BKGlover!

Just gotten a brainwave to get liveries done for both this series and the VRR GT3 series, so gonna get a move on working on those. You know, right after the Grand Tour... :P

Back