SUPER GT B-Spec Season 2 (Open for entries)

• Thread starter Suzumiya
  • 205 comments
Already commissioned last season's resident painter to do mine. Hoping there's time for it to be done before the deadline.

For the ones referred to the commissioners, I'm sure you'll get your paints done pretty quickly. :D

Which of these numberplates do I use?
1483736263945.jpg

Also, how do I use the carviewer?

Super sorry for double posting, but I feel this is worth it:

Ice Castle Hasetsu- At this small time ice rink, the newest members of the SuperGT series unveiled their challengers for the 2017 season. Team boss Abigail Neild opened the press conference with a couple remarks: "first off, thank you for getting here on such short notice. We apologize for not announcing this sooner, however, we had the chance to bring in some drivers only fairly recently and wanted to get everything finalized before the release. As far as the drivers go, Kyo and I are going to be busy racing in the VRR GT Endurance Championship so we needed to find some capable pilots to handle the #13 car this season. We got an offer from the agent of world famous figure skaters and local legends Victor Nikiforov and Yuri Katsuki. We managed to get them onboard for this season as they are working on figuring out their future both in figure skating and together." Nikiforov (28) is one of the most famous figure skaters in the world, having won 5 consecutive Grand Prix finals. Asked about making the jump from skating to racing, Nikiforov said "очень круто! I mean, It's Awesome! I'm super pumped! Not only having gotten a ride in a brand new car, but racing with my fiance just makes it better!" Yuri Katsuki (24) was a bit quieter "Yeah, it's an honour, but we know it'll be tough. Victor and I have been training extensively for this." At that, the assembled journalists all exchanged glances and smirks because the interactions between the two has become the stuff of legends. Mrs. Neild-Le took the stage again for the car presentation. "I saw the M6 when it was originally testing in a plain carbon fibre colour and I fell in love with that look. We kept the design extremely simple, with just the needed decals appearing on the car." Mr. Nikiforov was next, blurting out "Yeah, it's super cool, but hopefully in a season or 2 we will be able to see Victor and Yuri Nikiforov on the car." There was no response from Mr. Katsuki after this. Mrs. Neild_le continued "We managed to get some big time sponsors on this vehicle which I am thankful for. We managed to get the world famous companies Wako's, Fujitsu, Project Mu, Samsung and Mikasa onboard with us. Also, we brought in the American group The Human Rights Group as well as Russian LGBT youth rights group Children-404 who signed specifically because of Victor. Eagle eye fans may notice the small little "i" logo on the car. It's our small advertisement for BMW's electric car brand i. We were hoping to get their i8 to race, but that wasn't completed in time for us"

20170106164415_1.jpg

20170106164426_1.jpg

20170106164435_1.jpg

The conference ended on a slightly interesting note with the following images put up on the video screens:
20170106164508_1.jpg

Windows 10 had a hissyfit, and I lost my rFactor install. Oops. Good thing is that this is easily doable again, and won't affect the start date. :D

After a disappointing Season 1 which saw the team record only a single top 5 finish in the GT300 class, dramatic changes have been made at Allstar Racing ahead of Season 2. Gone is the RE Amemiya RX-7 the team campaigned in Season 1, with the team opting to move up to GT500 with a Reiter Engineering Murcielago R-GT. Gone too are drivers Aaron Van der Linden and Noriko Minoru, replacing them are teenage phenom Weiss Hockenheim and the fiesty Taiga Fujiwara.
Lambo1.jpg

Team Principal Jim Mills spoke on the disappointments of last season, and the team's goals for Season 2: "Last season was a bit of a disaster if I'm honest. We're putting that behind us though, and we're going to take on GT500 this season. I'm confident our drivers are capable of getting the job done, less confident about the car. Hopefully Reiter Engineering has figured it out or we might be in tough again this season. I'll be happy if we can grab a podium or two."
Lambo2.jpg

The drivers also offered their thoughts:

Taiga Fujiwara: "Wow, how good does our car look!? I can't wait to tear up the track in that beauty, look out everyone!"

Weiss Hockenheim: "As long as the car is quick I'm confident that I'm capable of running up front. I look forward to showing what I can do."

Team Name: Tyrrell Racing Team
Number: 911
Class: GT300
Car Choice: Porsche 991 RSR GT3
Drivers: Earl Bamber, Shane van Gisbergan
Tyre: Michelin
Also can someone please make my livery
I was thinking the 2017 Daytona 24 Hour Car
1097317-911-rsr-991-2017-model-2016-porsche-ag-1.jpg

So I, like many others, hace decided to roleplay my drivers during this series. Official team announcements will be done in similar fashion to everyone else's. However, for witty, off-camera banter, I got a better idea...
1484598290289.jpg
Chibi comics!!
The lady with blue hair is Hinako. She's 23, loves motorsports and anime, and is a COMPLETE klutz.
The man with red hair is Aaron. He's essentially a 21st century hippie (laid back af). In a racetrack, however, he will destroy you.
Sooooooo Hinako is a modern AU Torcche, from Monster Hunter Flash (even the hair color is the same), and Aaron is Takumi Fujiwara's British relative. THAT WASN'T PLANNED I SWEAR.
As for the guy with black hair facepalming... that's me!!! I'm the team director, soooo... wish me luck.
Bonus motivational Dan:
1484600381514.jpg
Typhoon Racing announcement coming soon!

After seeing a Twitch stream last night featuring some Super GT style machines, I can say that I seem pretty excited to see what becomes of this series. I surely will want to see videos and such for this deal.

Seville Olympic Stadium, 28/01/2017, 22:00
Automotive press from around the world are gathered at Seville to witness the unveiling of Typhoon Racing Team´s GT500 contender for the 2017 season of Super GT.
The first person to speak was team manager, Daniel Stockwell. "Super GT has always been a series that has fascinated me, ever since I discovered it through the Gran Turismo games. Now, here I am, about to unveil a Super GT race car I designed myself. But first, some info on the heroes who will drive this amazing beast."
"Aaron & Hinako have already made a name for themselves with their track-day exploits, and I admired them for their skill. I was excited when they announced they were moving to professional racing, but I never expected them to call me, asking to be their manager!" Hinako Nishidake (23) then spoke. "Aaron and I were on vacation here a few months ago and mentioned our plans to a friend. He told us about Dan, so we decided to contact him about Typhoon. Needless to say, he was very excited!"
After that, the team pulled the wraps off the new car:
Press Image 1.png
Press Image 2.png
Hinako noted a little curiosity about the main sponsor: "We were discussing sponsors and I mentioned ATLUS because the three of us love their games and they have an amazing 2017 lined up, with Persona 5 & Project Re Fantasy, along other projects. We're so privileged to be able to partner with them for this."
Daniel signed off the conference with one final statement: "That's all for now. Keep watch for Typhoon Racing Team, on this season of Super GT!"
Typhoon Racing Team.png

Recent pictures snapped up by On The Back Straight Magazine showcase what the #76 Cadillac ATS-V.R of Nico Costa and Maasaki Midorikawa will look like for the second season of Super GT B-Spec. The project is an aftermath of failed negotiations with Nissan to renew Costa's partnership with the brand, leading the Portuguese to sign a deal with GM's luxury brand driving the newcomer ATS-V. Sega has also left the team, being replaced by Bandai-Namco and Banpresto, represented by their JRPG franchise, Masoukishin. This is one of so far two confirmed Cadillac entries, the other one belonging to Okuma Motorsports, who is fielding the #22 with Giulanio Ansaldi and Madeleine Brookland. Rumors claim that Okuma assisted The Masoukishin team with painting duties, although said rumors has yet to be confirmed...

Caddy 1.JPG
Caddy 2.JPG

I'm now getting concerned on if my commissioned livery will be done in time.

Tsukuyomi Racing Project Unveils SUPER GT Dual-Class Entry

GT500
#25 HKS SUPER OIL SC430 - Kasumi Yamasa / Reisuke Yamasa
VUHKZW4.jpg

xSp74Nh.jpg

AJUa7Y1.jpg

GT300
#46 HKS TOYOPET MR-S - Akane Yamasa / Yumi Ayase
kA213Te.jpg

HkjPIK8.jpg

QDM9YBY.jpg

Back