Super GT/JGTC Shootout - 07/06 - Shootout Officially Finished!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Michelin
  • 1,105 comments
  • 106,989 views
Both, but living in London. :p

Ohhh, I see, I see. Well, don't we have quite a few things in common! Both play piano (I could shove you off to doc, now that I think about it. :lol:) though you are by far the better, both come from the same side of the world, both tune (duh), and…yea. :lol: Both boys, I suppose, though I'm not actually sure of that. :lol:

Anyway, enough socialising for now, though I'll definitely have to keep an eye out for your stuff now that I know your background, I guess. :lol:
 
Both boys, I suppose, though I'm not actually sure of that. :lol:

You sure? :p
















Kidding. I am a guy :lol:
/socialising

My Castrol doesn't seem to be getting as nice an audience as my Impreza :p
 
Why the words Castrol and Supra reminds me of this?

 
Onboy123
Anyway, enough socialising for now, though I'll definitely have to keep an eye out for your stuff now that I know your background, I guess. :lol:

Try the TVR! Great tune, but maybe not crazy enough for you :p
 
krenkme
Try the TVR! Great tune, but maybe not crazy enough for you :p

See, if you weren't head tuner at Clueless, I'd so employ you as head of advertising :lol: Thanks :)
 
Try the TVR! Great tune, but maybe not crazy enough for you :p
Eh, since I've become a sort of tuning advisor for him after the whole guess tuning thing, I think I know what to expect. :p I'm more interested in the 2D though, even though I don't have it. :lol:

And your Supra was only driven by doc, and as I said, it's him and not the car that is 'wrong' here. :lol: Doc is too smooth, very much like a doctor with his actions, clinical, precise, effortlessly smooth.
 
I'm fairly satisfied with all of my tunes... Damn Citroen GT Concept won't not understeer though, I really want to release that at some point. Also, you might get killed by the Cien. Bipolar Axe-murderer that one :p

Anyway... Onboy where's your GT500 one?
 
Last edited:
Sent a FR to all tuners and a PM to ugabugaz so he can clear his friend list.
If testers want to send me a FR, feel free to do it. :D
 
Your car handles beautifully. Right now my best is a 45.2 vs a 45.7 for Roj's.

I'm guessing I'm losing out on the straights by a lot. The main weakness of 4WD. :ouch:
 
Welp, no new tunes yet. I just got an idea... *salvaging some things*
 
I will enter 500hp class please. I will also test both classes.

Nomad Diablo GT-1 '00

500 Horsepower
1200 Kilograms
601 Performance Points

Ride Height: -5 / 3
Spring Rate: 11.4 / 13.6
Extension: 4 / 4
Compression: 5 / 6
Anti-roll: 5 / 5
Camber: -3.0 / -2.8
Toe: -0.15 / 0.12

Differential: 28, 32, 22.
Aerodynamics: 35 / 55
Brakes: 9 / 7
Ballast: --
Engine: 68.9%

1st: 2.804
2nd: 1.907
3rd: 1.430
4th: 1.214
5th: 1.025
6th: 0.844
Final: 3.630
Max: 340km/h
  • engine restore
  • chassis restore
  • increased rigidity
  • high RPM turbo
  • racing hard tires
ABS: 1.

Notes
This is the car I have been using for 650PP online races. I just put RH tires on and engine limited it.

The only setup change I made was flip the bound and rebound (recently I have been using high bound and soft rebound and liking it). After that, I reduced front spring rate and front bound a little and reduced LSD decel a little too. Tune done. Enjoy.

...................................................

I will enter 300hp class too.

Lexus Weds Sport IS350 '08

300 Horsepower
1150 Kilograms
522 Performance Points

Ride Height: -3 / -3
Spring Rate: 12.7 / 12.3
Extension: 3 / 3
Compression: 5 / 6
Anti-roll: 6 / 6
Camber: -3.1 / -2.9
Toe: 0.04 / 0.22

Differential: 44, 27, 22.
Aerodynamics: 28 / 36
Brakes: 7 / 6
Ballast: --
Engine: 65.6%

1st: 2.573
2nd: 1.798
3rd: 1.432
4th: 1.171
5th: 0.971
6th: 0.790
Final: 4.865
Max: 320km/h
  • engine restore
  • chassis restore
  • increased rigidity
  • engine tuning 3
  • mid RPM turbo
  • racing hard tires
ABS: 1.

Notes
I tuned this car as good as I could, unfortunately it might have been a bad choice of car.
 
Last edited:
How many Diablo's do we now have? :p

Two already.

I'll ask this right now. Tuners, if you guys can be very kind, please let your entries on share till the end of the shootout. Thanks.
 
VTiRoj
I'm guessing I'm losing out on the straights by a lot. The main weakness of 4WD. :ouch:
For me, the 4WD cars just don't work well. There's just more understeer than I like. I seem to be losing time everywhere.
 
Hello to the good Dr. Slump. I don't think you're on my friends list I shoot you a FR much later today sir
Good!

@Onboy
Where the 🤬 is your GT500 car!!!!!
 
Two already.

I'll ask this right now. Tuners, if you guys can be very kind, please let your entries on share till the end of the shootout. Thanks.

Why did I think it was a lot more? :p
Oh isn't Desperado's tune a Diablo too? :lol:
 
No we have one Diablo (MrGrado), and one death trap made by a lazy tuner :dopey:

Ahhh krenkme stop it, your GT300 tune is super fast, why should GT500 be any different :lol:
 
How many Diablo's do we now have? :p

Only two, I think.

As for me, combining Onboy's JGTC Garaiya gear ratio and downforce settings with the....everything else of Praiano's Super GT Garaiya, I think a match has been made for Krenk's RX-7. *evil laugh*

*ahem* With that aside, I will not be entering the shootout as a tuner though. I just got really tired of waiting for a '08 Garaiya to show up, so I whipped up something to pass the time by until then.
 
I've had a thought: Would attaching a High RPM Turbo to the cars then castrating them give better results than a Low RPM Turbo or even NA?
 
I've had a thought: Would attaching a High RPM Turbo to the cars then castrating them give better results than a Low RPM Turbo or even NA?

Only one way to find out. :sly:

Judging from the results that Krenk's RX-7 hails, I'd imagine it would give better results...maybe.
 
trackripper123
Ahhh krenkme stop it, your GT300 tune is super fast, why should GT500 be any different :lol:

Well I tuned it... so there you go :lol:

trackripper123
I've had a thought: Would attaching a High RPM Turbo to the cars then castrating them give better results than a Low RPM Turbo or even NA?

:sly::D it all depends on the gearing really
 
I've had a thought: Would attaching a High RPM Turbo to the cars then castrating them give better results than a Low RPM Turbo or even NA?

Yeah, I was thinking this was going to be the best thing to do, but now I realise that with a low RPM turbo, you will likely have much more low end torque and should hit the 300hp/500hp mark earlier in the RPM range. You might get faster spooling too. In reality though, I think it will make little difference, with any amount of engine/turbo tuning giving you flat horsepower over a more than satisfactory rpm range.
 
It might be beneficial, I can't see a situation where you're constantly dropping below about 2000-3000rpm and thus need the Low RPM Turbo...
 
I'll clear out some space, and I might tune a GT300..Ya never know.
 
Back