Super GT Thread ArchiveTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Appie
  • 1,268 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
supergt-suzuka-march-testing-2015-crash-for-36-lexus-team-petronas-tom-s-lexus-rc-f-daisuk.jpg

Big shunt for the Petronas Lexus during Suzuka testing.
YOINK!!! :eek:

supergt-suzuka-march-testing-2015-crash-for-36-lexus-team-petronas-tom-s-lexus-rc-f-daisuk.jpg

Big shunt for the Petronas Lexus during Suzuka testing.

Now that's one way to see a SuperGT car's bottom half...

Seriously, I don't see SuperGT cars upside down very often, it must've been one heck of an impact to do that to the car.

Heikki Kovalainen set the 2nd best time in the afternoon! Three Lexus' in the 1:45's.

Heikki's getting the hang of this GT biz, isn't he? Also, despite the crashing, Lexus are pulling great times. Not bad indeed.

TOMS36_TestSuperGTSuzuka_Accidente.jpg

Found a wider photo of the Petronas accident.

Seems to went off backwards and the impact to the barriers sent the car going turtle.

I just hope the driver is OK.:nervous:

Car was ok too. In fact, it topped the next morning's test session with the only time in the 1:45's.

Why has Dome withdrawn from GT500? They were my favorite team, and the only Honda to have won a race last year.

01.jpg

Saw this picture on /r/supergt this morning. I personally think that this Samurai Tsuchiya car looks amazing, and it could have potential. After all, there's something like 3 of these things on the 2015 SGT entry list. It does look different from Subaru R&D's BRZ in the same class, don't you think?

Well, is good-looking indeed, so it has that behind it. But wait, it has a Toyota badge. A GT86? Interesting, the GT300 grid is mostly made from BRZs, because Toyota used the Prius more. Another curious fact about the car...

And yes, it is defintely different from Subie's official entry.

That'll be because they're as different as can be underneath.

Well, is good-looking indeed, so it has that behind it. But wait, it has a Toyota badge. A GT86? Interesting, the GT300 grid is mostly made from BRZs, because Toyota used the Prius more. Another curious fact about the car...

And yes, it is defintely different from Subie's official entry.
No. Its definitely not. There is only one BRZ, ran by Subaru and R&D Sport. These GT-86's are mother chassis cars with a V8 Nissan engine, totally different from the Subaru and Prius.

Not sure what's so special about 6:07. If anything, the carbon Lexus with the deep V8 sound has more of my attention.

Oh, I thought we were supposed to see something we haven't seen before.

After some deliberation, I'll be getting a Super GT group up on Facebook by the end of today, hopefully. It's been a plan of mine for a good year now to provide some more coverage and discussion opportunities to people outside of Japan; the end result will hopefully be a dedicated website.

It's a big task, one that's a bit daunting, but coming off the back of my Twitter live updates from 2014, I know there's at least some demand for it. There are some people with a fair bit of knowledge in here, so I thought just getting the word out could at least start the ball rolling. I'm dedicated to getting the series more widely recognised, respected and understood for the wider motorsport community, and giving existing fans a decent platform for discussion.

It's very early days, but seeing other passionate fans like yourselves has inspired me to persevere with my plans to a certain degree. :)

hsv
After some deliberation, I'll be getting a Super GT group up on Facebook by the end of today, hopefully. It's been a plan of mine for a good year now to provide some more coverage and discussion opportunities to people outside of Japan; the end result will hopefully be a dedicated website.

It's a big task, one that's a bit daunting, but coming off the back of my Twitter live updates from 2014, I know there's at least some demand for it. There are some people with a fair bit of knowledge in here, so I thought just getting the word out could at least start the ball rolling. I'm dedicated to getting the series more widely recognised, respected and understood for the wider motorsport community, and giving existing fans a decent platform for discussion.

It's very early days, but seeing other passionate fans like yourselves has inspired me to persevere with my plans to a certain degree. :)

Do SGT and the teams put out full press releases in English?

hsv
Camera position, heat haze, noise, close-up.

It's the most brutal GT3 I've heard.
And what's the most brutal GT3 that you have ever seen?

hsv

Looking forward to this. :) I'm signed up with another unofficial SuperGT group on Facebook, but it's not too active.

Sorry for the double post, but regarding GT300 power:

As you may know, the STi Performance Concept, revealed yesterday, uses the GT300 EJ20 from the BRZ. Subaru quote the power, officially, at 345bhp. However, Dominik Infante from Subaru had the following to say:

"They quote it lower on the stand, but that's just an agreement between the Japanese manufacturers... but in reality - in this concept car - that engine makes 450."

So, there we have it folks. The JAF GT300 cars run at about 450bhp.

hsv
Sorry for the double post, but regarding GT300 power:

As you may know, the STi Performance Concept, revealed yesterday, uses the GT300 EJ20 from the BRZ. Subaru quote the power, officially, at 345bhp. However, Dominik Infante from Subaru had the following to say:

So, there we have it folks. The JAF GT300 cars run at about 450bhp.

So they're near GT-500 cars. That's... rather strange and backwards, no? Of course, STI may have also fiddled around with the engine for the concept, who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back