Super high-end cars really twitchy

• Thread starter cfusionpm
  • 36 comments
when im driving with either the jgtc nsx or the mclaren with my gt force, when trying to maintain a straight line at high speed, the force feedback pulls quickly very strong left then right then back again. it doesnt do it for any other cars (that i have noticed). maybe just the car? or glitch maybe? anyone else notice this? this is the regular blue gt force wheel.

It's the cars not a glitch, driving a MR GT car at 200mph s meant to be twitchy.

It has to be a glitch. No way are those cars supposed to be hard to drive in a STRAIGHT LINE!

Oh, and it also happens with the new wheel too.

It's not a glitch, if you ever get to drive a sports car, you floor it in a straight line, at 120Mph you will not let go of the wheel, it will be trying to go all over the place. I dont know if it's overdone on the wheel but it isn't a glitch.

Originally posted by live4speed
It's not a glitch, if you ever get to drive a sports car, you floor it in a straight line, at 120Mph you will not let go of the wheel, it will be trying to go all over the place. I dont know if it's overdone on the wheel but it isn't a glitch.
👍 👍 👍

yes this is def norm, no glitch

Isn't the Ford GT even more twitchy?

It won't probably reach the top speeds of the McLaren or NSX (however, the NSX should have a slightly higher drag and about the same HP, so?), but the design of the car generates lift at high speed.

As on Mulsannes Corner, the GT40 generates 100 lbs lift @ 150 mph, with 525 lbs of drag.
The GT has the same shape as the GT40, but is just bigger, so it will generate the same lift at lower speed.

So it should be as twitchy as the NSX or McLaren. Probably less force feedback in the steering wheel, because the front wheels are lifted too, but it should be a lot less stable! Could you experience that?

To compare : the 1997 McLaren Long Tail generates 1234 lbs downforce @ 150 mph, with 561 lbs of drag.

There is no way this is suppose to be normal. I have driven all sorts of cars in real life at very high speeds and never did I experience anything like this. The only way this would happen in real life is if there was some play in the wheel.

I've driven a race car at over 100Mph, and that was twitch as hell at speed, it wanted to go all over the place and you had no choice but to hold onto the wheel or you'd fly off the track even on a straight, the car was a race prepped Super 7, I've driven road cars at speed as well, not a lot of different cars but some and they were alot easier but they still twiched, I haven't used the wheel yet so I can only guess what it's like from peoples comments. Maybe it just doesn't simulate power steering. Whatever happens if it's a problem it's in GT4P not the whell, and if thats the case it will be sorted out in GT4.

Oh my god, if you haven't used the wheel yet you really can't tell us that it's not a glitch. You really need to try it. And I'm not taking my hands off the wheel either. I've driven street cars over 130 mph and at that speed, they'd better be stable! The glitch were talking about makes these cars IMPOSSIBLE to drive in a straight line at high speed, which would not happen in a real car unless you had suspension damage.

I didn't say what I meant right, when I said it's not a glitch I meant not with the wheel, I've used an older wheel on GT4P and it tried to go mental with that as well. Obviousely not as mental as the new wheel though.

Originally posted by 8400RPM
It has to be a glitch. No way are those cars supposed to be hard to drive in a STRAIGHT LINE!

Oh, and it also happens with the new wheel too.

Does this happen with the new wheel on in the mode where the 2 green lights are on or only when the left green light is on, or in both modes?

live4speed, you contradict yourself.

Arwin, I haven't tried it in 200 degree mode if that's what you mean. But I suspect that it would be even more exaggerated. I'll have to try it.

everyone including logitech seems to call it 200 degree mode, but it is very clearly 180 degree mode ... The (red) MoMo (Force) has 200 degree lock to lock, but this wheel has 180/900 degree lock to lock. Maybe we should try to get rid of the 200 degree denomination ;)

On Tuesday I hope to be able to test GT4P myself so then I'll test the two cars myself.

Originally posted by 8400RPM
live4speed, you contradict yourself.

Err, where? I've used an older wheel on GT4P and it tried to go all over the place with that, I havn't used the new wheel, I presumed it was similar to the other wheel I used but from what you seem to be saying that it's almost impossible to drive straight then it's using more force feedback, thats not a glitch in the wheel, this older wheel can't get as much FF as the new one.

it is definitely a glitch. It happened to me once, I thought it was aerodynamic. But then when I reset the game and repeat the same car at the same track, it was ok.

Maybe polyphony try to simulate the effect but it was half done. :)

I love GTP bullshat :D You guys are all fuking talk. It is not a glitch, I can almost guarantee that is was intentionally done by polypony to emulate "real" speed. Just remeber, 200mph is pretty ficken fast and if the steering was just as it is traveling at a normal speed, wouldn't that be a little bit too stupid? For example, when you are travelling slow, the steering is slow and sluggish, when you go fast it should obviously increase at a dramatic rate because there is a higher force generated by the engine pushing the car forward therefore the wheels are able to turn at a faster rate and the car will react to that turn extremely quickly.

Why do my swear words get blanked out, that is so lame. humph thats probably why I left GTP in the first place....Why am I back.....

Yeah, why are you back? You obviously haven't played the game and do not know what we are talking about. We're not talking about the responsiveness or how quick the steering reacts but it is the force feedback that we have the problem with. And maybe the moderators of this forum don't want harsh language on here that children will read, think about it.

It's not a glich. The cars going from side to side quickly is called Speed wobbles It happens to every car when it starts to get up to really high speeds which will be on the straights. :cool:

This phenomenon is not "speed wobbles". Have you played the game yet? At speeds above 150 mph, real cars' steering wheels do not suddenly start to jerk back and forth.

Please do not comment on this subject unless you have actually PLAYED THE GAME WITH THE WHEEL!

As a matter of fact I HAVE a racing wheel and I DO use it.

:mad: Anyway. It all starts when you just twich the wheel enough to turn a very little way. After that you try to get it back to the way it was and before you know it you're doing that all the way down the straight.

DRIFT4EVA, I know what you are talking about, but it is not the same thing we were trying to explain. For me, personally, it happen with the Supra race car license. Only ONCE, at the long straight in Fuji track, the steering wheel pulled left and right. I restarted the test, then it happen over and over again. At first I thought it was the effect. Then I restart the PS2, then nothing happen, no left and right pull anymore.

So unless the game actually has a weather effect that change the wind randomly every time you play, I'm sure it is a glitch. :)

Okay DRIFT4EVA so you have a wheel, but have you used it with Prologue and is it the GT Force Pro? It is the effect in this specific game with this specific wheel we are talking about.

8400 you dumb **** dont tell me what to do. It is obviously to do with physics, and i have obviously been in the real world. So how bouts you keep your dumb **** comments to yourself and crawl under a rock and die or something. I just wanted to get that off my chest because I am sick of being told what to do by people who are new. Get over it and play the game.

I only have a Mad Catz MC2 and GT3 is the highest GT I've got as Prologue isn't even out here yet. Even though it does ocasionally do that to me BUT it could just be a drivers error.

It seems that it is a bug that is found in bot the early Asian and Japanese copies of the game. I just recieved the fixed copy of the Japanese version and I no longer get the wobble.

meeekael-how does your foot taste? :lol:

Originally posted by Gek54
It seems that it is a bug that is found in bot the early Asian and Japanese copies of the game. I just recieved the fixed copy of the Japanese version and I no longer get the wobble.

meeekael-how does your foot taste? :lol:

Did you mailed it to Japan or someone helped you to get it ?

Back