Super high-end cars really twitchy

• Thread starter cfusionpm
  • 36 comments
meeekael, where exactly did I "tell you what to do"? You asked a question, I answered it.

Look at your first post in this thread and tell me how I'm not supposed to react a little negatively. You started the dumb**** comments.

This is a glitch.

It does seem to be intermittent though. I have had occasions where I will be driving an R34 at Tskuba with the wheel acting fine. Then mid race the force feedback suddenly seems vague, with almost no feedback felt through the first 5 degrees of lock, then after that a sudden 'kick' of feedback. When this happens with the race cars such as the Supra and the NSX, this 'kick' is so harsh and sudden it pushes the wheel to opposite lock, then another 'kick' back again. The force feedback losses all it's feel of progressiveness.

This is certainly NOT normal.

Before you ask I have the DF Pro wheel and GT4P (Asian version). I also have over 10 years motorsport experience (my current race car being a 400hp Mazda RX7).

*** GEK54 ***
Are you located outside Japan/Asia?
Did you mail it to the Japan address or swap it via other means?
Do you know if they accept the Asian version as well?

Originally posted by Gek54
It seems that it is a bug that is found in bot the early Asian and Japanese copies of the game. I just recieved the fixed copy of the Japanese version and I no longer get the wobble.

meeekael-how does your foot taste? :lol:

Gek54, if you are not in japan or hong kong, would you please share with us how you manage to get the fixed copy of the game? I'm in the US and my importer doesn't seem to try to help me at all. I'm thinking of sending the game back to sony japan as someone mention in other thread, but I'm not sure if they will send the game to the US.

Thanks. :)

Originally posted by Gek54
It seems that it is a bug that is found in bot the early Asian and Japanese copies of the game. I just recieved the fixed copy of the Japanese version and I no longer get the wobble.

meeekael-how does your foot taste? :lol:

Yes, please tell us how you got it and also if you don't have the accelleration bug now, because that's the one that's most important to me to get fixed - the 'wobbling' that you talk about I have noticed very little.

I'm about to order a new copy from the www.lik-sang.com website (who needs an importer? :) ) this week, hoping that this time I get the unbugged version. Sending it to Japan is almost as expensive as getting a new copy, so I'd rather keep the bugged one as a keepsake. ;)

Originally posted by oruji
Gek54, if you are not in japan or hong kong, would you please share with us how you manage to get the fixed copy of the game? I'm in the US and my importer doesn't seem to try to help me at all. I'm thinking of sending the game back to sony japan as someone mention in other thread, but I'm not sure if they will send the game to the US.

Thanks. :)

I am in Hong Kong and I can tell you that the importers in Hong Kong are not going to do that mail back thing for you. The process is clumpsy and they may have to charge you quite a bit.

I have asked the importer that I usually buy games from to just get me a fixed copy.

The problem you're talking about it caused by the communication lag between the wheel's ff unit, and the game. Every steering wheel has a lag between when you turn it, and when the ps2 notices you've turned it (and then sends the relevant info back). The GTP lag prediction code must've been whacked out.

Seems a few controller issues were predominant in GT:P and were subesquently fixed in the new version (along with the ff turning off etc..).

So, no, it's not speed wobbles (cars dont get speed wobbles unless they have no shock absorbers, especially high downforce cars!).

Road cars are a lot less twitchy than race cars. Road cars have these things in them called rubber bushings, which are replaced by either hard bushings or rose joints (the original GT40 had rose joints throughout, made it very harsh to drive, but very direct). They also have a slower rack than race cars, softer dampers, slower action tyres, etc etc.

The modern Ford GT doesnt have as much lift as the original. It has a front spoiler (small strip under the front), which significantly cuts the lift of the car when coupled with several other modifications to the body/underpan.

So it looks like the high powered cars in GT4 will be driveable then (err, relatively).

Back