Super License Complete

  • Thread starter Thread starter tezzell
  • 47 comments
  • 1,738 views
I took me an my friend TONS of hours to get the GT40 liscence. I hate that car w/ it's fat fenders...finally I learned how to drift it through turns and it helped a lot. Beat it this past weekend and the other tests seem EXTREMELY easy. The Miata was beaten by my friend cuz I have no skill or patience to slow down BEFORE a turn. I'm horrible at grip style, but drifting came naturally to me...maybe it's cuz that's what I do a lot when it rains. Oh well Now I have to beat the stupid Griffen liscence S7 I think!!! Too much torque and a way too many tight turns. I wish I owned a PS2 and GT3 but I just play like once every few weeks when I wind up at my friends. The Trueno in the rain was by far the most fun and easiest for me. The S-6, S-7, & S-8 are all that stands in my way now. I might go to my friend and play it this weekend before we go out...
 
Originally posted by quicksilver1122
Hey, How do you get a car to run better by using manual?

You can use the manual gearbox to control the power to the wheels but holding a higher gear than the auto box would choose. For example on S8 holding the car in 3rd gear will massively reduce wheelspin in and exiting corners.

Other manual tricks are revving past the redline which is useful with cars with wide-spread gear ratios and narrow power bands.

I found getting Golds in IB6 and IB7 easier by holding 3rd gear and keeping the accelerator flat. When the car picked up too much speed it would bounce off the rev limited back to something more appropriate.

Another thing I sometimes to is change gear as I turn into a corner, particuarly on Rally tracks. This has the effect of de-stabilizing the rear of the car, allowing a drift round the corner. Using MT you can pick the exact location the gearchange will take place.

Hope this answers the question
 
Originally posted by FAF_Nitro
For All You Gameshark People, STOP CHEATING!!!, Be a Man and Beat The Game Naturally

Agree... if I can't win a race, I'll keep on trying!!!
Over and over again, 'til I win!!
If u can't win the S-license, u'r just not worthed!!
 
Do you have to get all golds on licenses to get 100% completion? Or can you just get all bronze on the license and gold on all the races plus arcade races and still get 100%?
 
Yes, you can!:) As long as you have the liscence finished, you can have any type of trophy, I have all bronzes in S liscence!
 
I gotta say that I dont really like the idea of the game shark, but thats just my pride.

I do however wanna give credit to everyone who earned the license on their own. Especially for getting gold.

I personally have the license, but not all golds.
 
I have a sharkport but I got mine all legit. I only got the Sharkport to make hybrids so I could have some fun when I got bored. I dont use my hybrids to win races to complete my game though, I'd rather have the sense of knowing I had won with my own skill...
 
Damn, I just went back to the S-8 to see if I could get it more easily and I missed gold by like 2.5 seconds but before(about a month ago)I couldn't even get bronze. It took me probably like half hour just to get bronze and my first try today I got bronze easily. Then I tried for another like 20 mins and I acutally got gold. I think the thing was, was to go in to second only on a straight away bc if u do it while turning u will spin out. So on turns just stay in the 3rd gear and once u straighten out and your still like around the 4000 rpm then switch to seond until u speed up. I also think since I have been drifting a lot that helped me out.
 
hey u guys

i realised that the gold times on the us-ntsc license are slower than the aus-pal tests.. i found that out cos i played both on my friend's machine. now i have to find out wat gold times are on the euro-pal and Japanese-ntsc..

not as if i bothered to get gold in S license.. too much of a hassle with the DS2 (my thumbs are not sensitive enuff)

i only bothered to get all gold was on gtc cos it was required to unlock everything :/

its fun yet fustrating :p
 
Originally posted by evo4
hey u guys

i realised that the gold times on the us-ntsc license are slower than the aus-pal tests.. i found that out cos i played both on my friend's machine. now i have to find out wat gold times are on the euro-pal and Japanese-ntsc..

not as if i bothered to get gold in S license.. too much of a hassle with the DS2 (my thumbs are not sensitive enuff)

i only bothered to get all gold was on gtc cos it was required to unlock everything :/

its fun yet fustrating :p

NTSC S8-1:31.000 for the Gold
Pal S8-1:27.000 for the same

The NTSC licence tests are slower than or equal to the PAL times except for 2: R6 and R7 (the ones with the Delta and Subaru at the tahiti maze track)
 
Originally posted by Bollocks#999
NTSC S8-1:31.000 for the Gold
Pal S8-1:27.000 for the same

The NTSC licence tests are slower than or equal to the PAL times except for 2: R6 and R7 (the ones with the Delta and Subaru at the tahiti maze track)

yea
in general pal have quicker gold times.. why do u think that is the case?

i have my reason but that mite be a bit of a touchy subject :p
 
Just a reply to a post above...it's not impossible to get golds with automatic. I've gotten all golds with auto (S-8 was actually pretty easy) and I'm practicing drifts with auto (although I do hold the gear for some drifts). I'm lazy =)
 
Originally posted by evo4
yea
in general pal have quicker gold times.. why do u think that is the case?

i have my reason but that mite be a bit of a touchy subject :p


i think you may be right there mate
 
Its in the options menu. Just go to the main menu and you should see Options and just look through the options.
 
I still have to do IA... I havn't touched it yet, though, because I'm working on IB races. I decided that for my 2nd game(which is the one I'm working on now) I'd go in order and do B, then A, the IB races before I go for IA. It helps keep me from cheating(my idea of cheating is using F cars on non-F car races)
It also helps keep me from souping up my cars too much without me regretting it later:banghead:
 
Back