Super License Trouble

  • Thread starter Thread starter NGHTMRES
  • 40 comments
  • 1,805 views
Messages
352
United States
United States
I was only able to bronze the s-3 and s-4 tests, but when I do the others I don't even come within 5 seconds of bronze. Am I doing something wrong? Help appreciated.
 
Okay, I'll provide what I did to get through:

S1: Quite a few places that you can go almost full throttle here. Just a matter of learning your breaking and accelerating points. Also, this is nearly impossible with automatic transmission.

S2: This is the night one, right? Driving line, plain and simple.

S5: Ahh, almost lost a controller here. Break early everywhere except the turns that require first gear: you can break really late on those.

For all of them: No tcs, srf if you're faster with it, and abs no higher than three (one is faster than three for me).

Other than that, practice, but don't try too long. You're never going to be fast if you're angry. When you get to that point, get some air or something.
 
Okay, I'll provide what I did to get through:

S1: Quite a few places that you can go almost full throttle here. Just a matter of learning your breaking and accelerating points. Also, this is nearly impossible with automatic transmission.

S2: This is the night one, right? Driving line, plain and simple.

S5: Ahh, almost lost a controller here. Break early everywhere except the turns that require first gear: you can break really late on those.

For all of them: No tcs, srf if you're faster with it, and abs no higher than three (one is faster than three for me).

Other than that, practice, but don't try too long. You're never going to be fast if you're angry. When you get to that point, get some air or something.

Just finished the s-1 one barely. Tried s-5 and didn't get bronze by .967 seconds! I've been stuck on these for hours. I can't believe people think this is easy lol. The Red Bull challenges are impossible to me as well.
 
Just finished the s-1 one barely. Tried s-5 and didn't get bronze by .967 seconds! I've been stuck on these for hours. I can't believe people think this is easy lol. The Red Bull challenges are impossible to me as well.
I'm platinum in GT6. Not bragging, but with enough practice, it all just falls into place. I'll give some tips on the red bull races as well if you'd like.

But for the S licenses: Learn the car, learn the track, and know when to raise and when to fold so to speak. Push the car harder each time, learn where you can push and where to stay careful. The nighttime one has an impossibly easy gold time, but only if you can see where you're going. The Aventador gave me the most trouble, so it's good you have it out of the way. I've already stated this, but these are the two best pieces of advice you could ever get on these tests:

Practice, practice, and practice some more.

Keep calm. Do you think your time is going to improve when you're pissed off at the game? Mine didn't :lol:.
 
I'm platinum in GT6. Not bragging, but with enough practice, it all just falls into place. I'll give some tips on the red bull races as well if you'd like.

But for the S licenses: Learn the car, learn the track, and know when to raise and when to fold so to speak. Push the car harder each time, learn where you can push and where to stay careful. The nighttime one has an impossibly easy gold time, but only if you can see where you're going. The Aventador gave me the most trouble, so it's good you have it out of the way. I've already stated this, but these are the two best pieces of advice you could ever get on these tests:

Practice, practice, and practice some more.

Keep calm. Do you think your time is going to improve when you're pissed off at the game? Mine didn't :lol:.

Just bronzed the s-2 barely. I appreciate your help. I've never been the best driver, especially after I broke my racing wheel. If and when I do beat s-5, i'll treat myself to buying the Senna race suit lol
 
Just bronzed the s-2 barely. I appreciate your help. I've never been the best driver, especially after I broke my racing wheel. If and when I do beat s-5, i'll treat myself to buying the Senna race suit lol
Okay, cool. No problem, Lord knows I appreciated help when I was doing them :lol:. What makes it worse formyou is coming from a wheel to a ds3. I never had to do that.

Here's a race-by-race guide to the red bull events, as well as general tips:

Race 1: Turn one and two are full throttle, most of the others can be taken a gear or two higher than normal. If that doesn't work for you, try to knock the second pole position into at least fifth, then take shortcuts (an abundance of videos on youtube) to take first again.

Race two: okay, so the left turn into the tunnel can be taken in fourth, that's going to save you a lot of time. Another thing: try to not crash when passing on turn one. And the braking point after the long straight? Brake late and take it in fourth.

Race three: this one is tough. My only advice is learn the track, cut the chicane, and push the car as hard as you can. There are a few spots where the driving line says brake, but you don't have to, so I reccomend trying with the line off.

Race four: You can be in first at the first corner if you angle yourself right, I never had a problem out of here.

Race five: The AI drive like grannies here, cut the chicane at the final corner if you're having trouble, otherwise same as number four: I was in the top 5 by the first corner.

General:
Tcs at 0 and srf on.
Automatic transmission, too much to think about in a car that fast.
Due to the superb handling and braking power of this car, you can brake much later than the driving line says, so I reccomend turning it off.
With the above being said, you can push this car harder than any other. Don't be afraid to play risky. So what if you crash? Not a real car :lol:.
With that in mind, the AI are suicidal nutjobs; stay away, use them as draft dummies.

Good luck, and most importantly, have fun!
 
For the night one I cranked the brightness up in the game and the tv to see better it helps a lot.

Buy the suit first it'll make you faster.
 
For the night one I cranked the brightness up in the game and the tv to see better it helps a lot.

Buy the suit first it'll make you faster.
I'm amtech n00b, couldn't figure my tv out to do that :lol:.
 
For the night one I cranked the brightness up in the game and the tv to see better it helps a lot.

Buy the suit first it'll make you faster.

This may sound like a noob question, but does the suit really make you faster?
 
Okay, cool. No problem, Lord knows I appreciated help when I was doing them :lol:. What makes it worse formyou is coming from a wheel to a ds3. I never had to do that.

Here's a race-by-race guide to the red bull events, as well as general tips:

Race 1: Turn one and two are full throttle, most of the others can be taken a gear or two higher than normal. If that doesn't work for you, try to knock the second pole position into at least fifth, then take shortcuts (an abundance of videos on youtube) to take first again.

Race two: okay, so the left turn into the tunnel can be taken in fourth, that's going to save you a lot of time. Another thing: try to not crash when passing on turn one. And the braking point after the long straight? Brake late and take it in fourth.

Race three: this one is tough. My only advice is learn the track, cut the chicane, and push the car as hard as you can. There are a few spots where the driving line says brake, but you don't have to, so I reccomend trying with the line off.

Race four: You can be in first at the first corner if you angle yourself right, I never had a problem out of here.

Race five: The AI drive like grannies here, cut the chicane at the final corner if you're having trouble, otherwise same as number four: I was in the top 5 by the first corner.

General:
Tcs at 0 and srf on.
Automatic transmission, too much to think about in a car that fast.
Due to the superb handling and braking power of this car, you can brake much later than the driving line says, so I reccomend turning it off.
With the above being said, you can push this car harder than any other. Don't be afraid to play risky. So what if you crash? Not a real car :lol:.
With that in mind, the AI are suicidal nutjobs; stay away, use them as draft dummies.

Good luck, and most importantly, have fun!

Thanks man! I'll try this after the s-5 race.
 
This may sound like a noob question, but does the suit really make you faster?
No :lol:. Unless Senna's ghost (God bless the man) is really bored :lol:.

Thanks man! I'll try this after the s-5 race.
Any time, just PM me or post here if you want my advice on anything else :).
 
No :lol:. Unless Senna's ghost (God bless the man) is really bored :lol:.


Any time, just PM me or post here if you want my advice on anything else :).

My first run on s-5 was still my fastest only by losing by a fraction of a second. Each time my time gets higher and higher. It's frustrating.
 
My first run on s-5 was still my fastest only by losing by a fraction of a second. Each time my time gets higher and higher. It's frustrating.
I was the same way. I just kept inching my time higher and higher. That's from learning how that car should be driven on that track. When I finally got gold, I got it by a second and a half! I was amazed at that big of a jump. That's what I meant when I said it falls into place: eventually you run each sector perfect and get it done.
 
If you look like senna you'll go like senna haha

The veyron is a pig so brake early, it'll understeer like no tomorrow.
 
I was the same way. I just kept inching my time higher and higher. That's from learning how that car should be driven on that track. When I finally got gold, I got it by a second and a half! I was amazed at that big of a jump. That's what I meant when I said it falls into place: eventually you run each sector perfect and get it done.
If you look like senna you'll go like senna haha

The veyron is a pig so brake early, it'll understeer like no tomorrow.

Guys this is impossible! I've been trying the S license for over 9 hours! I can't get s-5!
 


This might help, good luck! This isn't me btw, i just found this on YouTube
 
Guys this is impossible! I've been trying the S license for over 9 hours! I can't get s-5!
Imforgot to mention: Can you explain or post a video on how you're taking the first two turns? Those are cruicial to success.
 


This might help, good luck! This isn't me btw, i just found this on YouTube

I followed the video and I was skidding everywhere.

Imforgot to mention: Can you explain or post a video on how you're taking the first two turns? Those are cruicial to success.
I cut the corners without getting disqualified
 
I followed the video and I was skidding everywhere.


I cut the corners without getting disqualified
If you can powerslide this is cake, but that's for the absolute best of the best only, so we have to do it the hard way :lol:.

And good, that's the best way to take them. Practice, and take a break if you need to. Eat a sandwich and drink a glass of water or something :p. You don't want to make a $60 mistake and throw your controller :lol:.
 
I followed the video and I was skidding everywhere.


I cut the corners without getting disqualified
Try to steer the car with the throttle to compensate for the understeer, but you can't blindly give power, feel how much the car is sliding and correct with throttle plus steering. It just takes practice. Take a break and come back to it later.
 
If you can powerslide this is cake, but that's for the absolute best of the best only, so we have to do it the hard way :lol:.

And good, that's the best way to take them. Practice, and take a break if you need to. Eat a sandwich and drink a glass of water or something :p. You don't want to make a $60 mistake and throw your controller :lol:.
Try to steer the car with the throttle to compensate for the understeer, but you can't blindly give power, feel how much the car is sliding and correct with throttle plus steering. It just takes practice. Take a break and come back to it later.

Good news guys! I beat it in 2:19.500. Bonze, but I'm happy haha. I appreciate the help.
 
Good news guys! I beat it in 2:19.500. Bonze, but I'm happy haha. I appreciate the help.
Great! I bronzed them all (except three, silver!) and then came back for gold months later. Have sun with the "Endurance" races. PM me if you would like car suggestions.
 
ehm... is it the veyron @ ascari we're talking about?

-turn everything off exept SRF and ABS
-take the turns as a "V" (tight in, point the car in the right direction, and floor it out of the corner.)
-turn 1 and another one towards the end should be cut extremely hard (you only need the outer wheel on the concrete, the inner wheels should be on the grass.)
-use the handbrake, but dont press it, just tap.
-lift off in last corner just to be safe, you dont loose much there.
 
et_
ehm... is it the veyron @ ascari we're talking about?

-turn everything off exept SRF
-take the turns as a "V" (tight in, point the car in the right direction, and floor it out of the corner.)
-turn 1 and another one towards the end should be cut extremely hard (you only need the outer wheel on the concrete, the inner wheels should be on the grass.)
-lift off in last corner just to be safe, you dont loose much there.

Thanks man, I already got it.
 
Good news guys! I beat it in 2:19.500. Bonze, but I'm happy haha. I appreciate the help.
You found new help?:(? JK....these guys have been giving great advice, but one thing I saw....For the Red Bull races, how do you have your steering sensitivity set? I use 6 for all cars but Formula-type and Red Bull, where I use 4. That's using the DS3. And no one I know thinks S5 is easy:lol:. It's the one license I haven't gotten gold on:banghead:.

EDIT: Also on RB: I use manual transmission 100% of the time, except again on RB. Auto allows me to fully concentrate on catching corners better, so maybe that would help you as well.
 
@bluecharger I agree the veyron @ ascari was very tough, but then again, my final time was 2:03 so I could have played it safe:P
anyway I have to disagree on the controller sensitivity, 7 is the optimum setting for all cars, and especially important for red bull...
 
et_
@bluecharger I agree the veyron @ ascari was very tough, but then again, my final time was 2:03 so I could have played it safe:p
anyway I have to disagree on the controller sensitivity, 7 is the optimum setting for all cars, and especially important for red bull...
I may NEVER gold Ascari:lol:. And I'm fine with that (twitch). As to sensitivity, I don't really think there IS an "optimal", as it depends on the movement the player is comfortable with. I discovered the usefulness of this setting driving the Mercedes C9 and LM models, when I couldn't turn the stupid things for 🤬:lol:. When I got to the Red Bulls in GT5, I was twitching the car all over with every turn, oversteering and such and discovered by backing off the sensitivity (to 4), I was much smoother. Did the 24 hour races with that car, so it really helped! :cheers:
 
I may NEVER gold Ascari:lol:. And I'm fine with that (twitch). As to sensitivity, I don't really think there IS an "optimal", as it depends on the movement the player is comfortable with. I discovered the usefulness of this setting driving the Mercedes C9 and LM models, when I couldn't turn the stupid things for 🤬:lol:. When I got to the Red Bulls in GT5, I was twitching the car all over with every turn, oversteering and such and discovered by backing off the sensitivity (to 4), I was much smoother. Did the 24 hour races with that car, so it really helped! :cheers:
Well sure its different for different driving styles, but lower settings causes a delay in steering input. If you can account for that delay it might work but it gets so much more difficult...

Edit. Is it possible to use someone elses save? If so i can help you with S5
 
Tried it several times yesterday.
Will try again tonight with all off exept sfr.
ABS? 2-4?
 
Back