Super Willow Springs - 20 miles

• Thread starter Sarques
  • 48 comments
Anything with light weight or decent down force works on this track due to the long sweeping high speed corner at the end of the lap. Its a good percentage of the track & leads onto the main straight so if you cant maintain speed round it your in for a hard time.
Fairly light 4WD might work to though if you need the 4WD to get round it you will be punishing the tyres

i love this event.
been able to win with no pit stops either with a BRZ or M4 or if in the mood for a little more power I have loads of fun with a GTR

I hadn't hit the GT in a few days n did so yesterday. the weirdest thing when I was driving with a GTR, I pulled into the pits on lap 5 in 2nd place, quick change of tires and re-fuel. I don't understand why but I had to wait for the full pit lane to empty out before I could do so. I tried it again and same thing.

happen to anyone else?
I thought I was doing something wrong, go into the pits 2nd have to wait on the other cars to clear then come out 8th 35s behind no way to catch up.

I thought I was doing something wrong, go into the pits 2nd have to wait on the other cars to clear then come out 8th 35s behind no way to catch up.
Use the ZZ11 and you will win without any pit problems!! The settings are on page one and they are perfect for this race!! Coozer_63 got it right!!

Try a modded Rocket.

Or a modded Ferrari F430 Scuderia. In general lightweight cars do better at Willow I in my opinion.

Thanks! Was having trouble with the Willow Springs 20 mile race. My Veyron just too thirsty. modded my Rocket, and I won! Fun to drive as well.

Very easy to do with the KTM X-bow as well, light car and good downforce. Started on SM pitted at lap 5 and went to SS for the rest of the race. Car fully upgraded but stock tune even made it.

The only race i have left to do in game and can't seem to get it done, i've tried 650pp Huayra '13 always losing control with italso tried GT-R '07 649pp and Veyron 16.4 '09 649pp and can't seem to get this done, need help please.
I used a tuned light car company rocket on sport softs. If you drive it smouth enough and take the corners easy you'll just need to stop once for tires so you gainlouds of time. And it's so light you overtake everybody with big ease!

I used a tuned light car company rocket on sport softs. If you drive it smouth enough and take the corners easy you'll just need to stop once for tires so you gainlouds of time. And it's so light you overtake everybody with big ease!

...........Let me add that you really don't need to use a SS on a Rocket. I don't, I use SH or SM (depends on my mood) and it does not require a pit stop. Same goes for Caterham, KTM, Lotus Elise....basically any lightweight car with a perceived low power motor don't need to pit for a refuel, new tyres....And yes, I won against McLaren F1s and FXXs.

...........Let me add that you really don't need to use a SS on a Rocket. I don't, I use SH or SM (depends on my mood) and it does not require a pit stop. Same goes for Caterham, KTM, Lotus Elise....basically any lightweight car with a perceived low power motor don't need to pit for a refuel, new tyres....And yes, I won against McLaren F1s and FXXs.
I used SS tyres because my setup was a tad oversteery, on SH I couldn't use the weight advantage to the max in the corners + I like a car with good grip to me it's more fun than taking it very easy in the corners(on SH) in other words taking the corners SLOW.

I used SS tyres because my setup was a tad oversteery, on SH I couldn't use the weight advantage to the max in the corners + I like a car with good grip to me it's more fun than taking it very easy in the corners(on SH) in other words taking the corners SLOW.

.............I see. Yeah your settings and mine could be different. I do prefer slightly twitchy cars under acceleration, so I set my cars that way - but I also set my cars to be rock solid under braking, no matter the tyre choice. Actually that's a lie - I've not tried race tyres on any of my road cars yet...

The only race i have left to do in game and can't seem to get it done, i've tried 650pp Huayra '13 always losing control with italso tried GT-R '07 649pp and Veyron 16.4 '09 649pp and can't seem to get this done, need help please.

I used a Nissan GT-R SpecV completely tuned but with power reduced to stay into the 650pp limit and so I completed the whole race in 11'01''110. My best lap was 1'13"521. I entered the pit at lap 4 with max refueling. I used Soft Sport tyres for both the race stints :-)

20 miles record.jpg

Last edited:
I used a Nissan GT-R SpecV completely tuned but with power reduced to stay into the 650pp limit and so I completed the whole race in 11'01''110. My best lap was 1'13"521. I entered the pit at lap 4 with max refueling. I used Soft Sport tyres for both the race stints :-) Anybody can beat me? :lol:;):yuck:

Attachments

• 20 miles record.jpg
    20 miles record.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
This race was my achilles heel when I first played it!
Now it's about seeing which cars can do it with a good tune. For me, flat floors rule - grip over power.
Here's the cars that I have won it with so far: (all aids off and which of the sports tires that yields the best time versus wear - sometimes that means softs on the front and mediums/hards on the rear.)

Ferrari FXX
Huayra 13
Veyron 13
SLR McLaren 09
SLS AMG 10
Ford GT 06
Viper SRT10 ACR
Viper GTS Launch Edition
Shelby GT500 13
Audi R8 FSI R tronic 07
Corvette Stingray C7 14
Cerbera Speed 12
Audi R6 Avant - yes, you read right!! A slow field helped here!
Corvette ZR1 C6 09
Aston Martin One-77 11
Aventador LP 700-4 11
McLaren F1
McLaren MP4-12C
VW Nardo 01
Reventon 08
Diablo GT 00 - man this was a hard one!!
Murcielago LP670-4 Super Veloce
Enzo Ferrari 02
430 Scuderia 07
Ferrari GTO 84
Jag XKR-S 11
Ferrari SP1 08
Mazda Efini RX-7 Type R (FD) 91
Gallardo LP 560-4 08
Firebird Trans Am 78
Merc C63 AMG
Ferrari 599
Viper GTS 13
458 Italia 09
Ford GT40 Mk 1 66
GT-R Black Edition 12
Impreza Sedan WRX STi spec C type RA (This wins the 24 mins Nurb easy!)
LFA Nurb Package
Countach 25th Anniv 88
Ferrari California 08
Lancer Evo VI GSR TM Edition 90 (This also wins the 24 mins Nurb easy!)
Cezeta V16T 94 (This was just as hard as the Diablo!!)
RX-8 Type S 07
Toyota FT-86 Concept 09
Infinity Coupe Concept '06

Its a bizarre collection! Each winning car gets the same paintjob and added to Favourites.
All of the tunes were found in the database or from Praiano.👍

Last edited:
this race killed me for quite a while, then I tried the Enzo with B-Spec Bob, six laps on medium tyres and final four laps on soft for pretty comfortable win. Only instruction I gave him was 'push pace', pretty reasonable cash earner too.

Sure mate, will get the details next time I fire up the ps3 and post them here for you, cheers

this is the "tune" I had for the ZZ11 at Big Willow

sus
RH
60 65
SPRING
7.53 8.25
comp
3 3
ext
3 3
arb
4 5
Brake
8 7
Trans set to 320 k's
1 3.355
2 2.247
3 1.635
4 1.248
5 1
6 .840
Final 4.176
diffs
6 6
45 45
20 15
centre
40:60
engine/power
Stage 3 tune with race exhaust and mid-range turbo

Body
Stage 3 weight red with windows

Car ends up at 920 kg's, 797 bhp and 637 pp

This set up ripped up Big Willow and Ascari challenges for me, hope it helps, cheers

PS..Downloaded an upgrade tonight then went for a race. Used this car on big willow and it handled like a bag of cement. Had to re-do the suspension to get it going properly. Bumped the springs up to 9 and 10 respectively and hardened the ext and comp. Ran well after that.

Wow, this is an excellent car and tune for this race. Did it for me with Gold in the Big Willow.
Now getting in to the Super category of the Career races so was looking for a good car and tune for this first race and this one performed exceedingly well.

Also tried the Ascari Race resort 10-Lap Challenge and was way ahead at first by lap 4-5 but for the life of me I couldn't spot the Pit. Eventually had to give up. I now know where it is though so that wouldn't happen in the next attempt at Ascari. Cheers.

Back