(SuperGT) EURO GT500 Season 8 - Winners - MSP_J-Town and YellowHat MSP RacingFinished 

• Thread starter nissman
  • 220 comments
Race Report: Motegi

Q: 3rd
R: 1st

Had an ok Q session, I still left about 0.2 but it woudnt help much as pole was far away with 43.9 set by my teammate Snabb. But starting in 2nd row was still very good.

Start was clean, didnt pass anyone and nobody passed me. Was sitting just behind Hasinho in first stint with JUJU very close behind. I actually got by Hasinho for a lap but made a mistake so he went by me again and thats how we stayed till first pit stop. I decide to pit a lap early than most and this played a crucial role to get me infront of Hasinho in 2nd stint. I was now in 2nd about 8 sec behind Snabb. Then at about lap 22 Snabb went in pits sooner than planned I suppose. I took the lead then noticed Snabb got disconected. This now meant I am no longer fighting for 2nd but for the race win! I was a bit lucky with my fuel in 2nd stint as I just put enough inside to get me to my final pit stop.

I knew Hasinho will be closer to me in last 3rd stint as he put more fuel in previous stops. When Hasinho came out of pits I took the lead by about 2.5 sec. I sad damn this is gonig to be a hard job keeping him behind till the end. But the next lap Hasinho had a spin and the lead went up to 8 sec. At this point I droped my pace for about half a second per lap to play it a bit safe as I really didn't want to make a mistake. Suddenly the lead went down to 4.5 sec in few laps and at this point I started to put in faster laps to keep the lead at around 5 sec. The plan workerd and I managed to bring it home safely to get my 2nd win in Motegi and 6th win on Japan tracks, looks like I feel right at home at the land of the rising sun. Really felt good after the race as I didn't win since season 6 and now only 10 points behind JTown in standings everything is possible.

See you next week at a day to night race at Apricot Hill. Time settings will be set to start at 14:00 and finish around 23:00. Time progression set to 8. It gets dark at 18:00 on this track.

I currently have a room up for testing if anyone wants to join you're very welcome.

Last edited:
Motegi:

Qualifying - 9th
Race - 7th

Disappointing qualifying here for me, but even with my PB lap I would have only been 7th or 8th on the grid. Just didn't have the pace at this track!

My aim for the race was to just try to gain as many places as possible, which proved to be quite difficult. However I did have some great racing with Tomzon, Mirial and Uwe! I actually had a very exciting race despite finishing 7th! Still some good points and lots of fun!

Anyway, onwards to Apricot hill! Hopefully going to find some more pace here and get back on form! Also got my Calsonic team mate back for this race! Time for team Calsonic to get back up that constructors table :) See you guys on track!

Motegi:

Qualifying: 5th
Race: 3rd

For once I didn't get lucky in Q, since I was just 1 tenth off P2 but still only 5th on the grid. Had a great first stint, managing to stay just 2 or 3 seconds behind P2. Surprisingly long run pace was ok this time, but I really had to fight to keep up with nissman's and hasihno's lap times in the first few laps of the stint. Somehow the first stop did cost Juju and me about 6-7 seconds, so unfortunately we really lost contact there to the podium spots. Rest of the race was quite lonely, not boring though, since I wanted to do a 15 lap 2nd stint, but realized after coming out of pits that the supra would only do 14 on one full tank. I managed to get it back to the pits somehow, again losing time to everyone else there, falling back behind Juju again. Had a great battle with him in the last lap, but only got 3rd because he let me pass on the last corner.
Interesting to see , what's gonna happen in Apricot because I'm a bit worried about my tyre wear in all those fast corners. See you on track :)

Last edited:
Time settings tweeked a bit for the day to night race at Apricot Hill.

Start Time: 14:30 (Room Time)

Time Progression: 6

I will open a room for testing later today.

Last edited:
Has anyone done any testing yet? Did a few laps last week, my lap time was 14.2, which is a little disappointing. Hopefully I will find some more time through setup tonight! I will be on later this evening, after work. Around 7pm GMT if anyone wants to join :)

Hey are there any spots open or am I too late? Thanks :D

Hello mate. I noticed you are from Australia which causes a bit of a problem as this series is mostly for europians so we have as stable connection as possible. Also I think you would have to race at the middle of the night.

Shame @SkengD , you had your best race here last season. Watched the replay yesterday.

@xStretch- you still on ?

Test Room Up

Drivers in: Nissman, Jtown, Mirial, Stretchy, AndroR35, Lozzaiscool

Last edited:
Rd.4 - Apricot Hill

2015%2B-%2B1

2015%2B-%2B1

@nissman yeah ok I get what you mean with the connection thing, that's alright mate.:cheers: but yeah, I'm used to racing late at night cause that's what I usually do.

@nissman yeah ok I get what you mean with the connection thing, that's alright mate.:cheers: but yeah, I'm used to racing late at night cause that's what I usually do.

Well we could at least test your connection in one of our rooms to see how stable it is. Also need to see your pace and racing craft.

Too much nerves , impressive u managed to keep 3rd then

It was a really long hold on the lights, caught me out. Niss had a bigger jump start than I did! I could have kept 2nd place in the race if I had chosen the right pit strategy! Still a great race though. Pleased with a podium!

I tested a few hours before the race and that was it, had no race pace, my setup doesn't work on these tracks on tyres lol

Monza will be great for me I hope

I would like to join the last 4 races of the season if there's still room. It's good to see a race series on tuesdays, because I can't race every weekend. I've raced in PURE JGTS before but that's a long time ago.:P

I would like to join the last 4 races of the season if there's still room. It's good to see a race series on tuesdays, because I can't race every weekend. I've raced in PURE JGTS before but that's a long time ago.:P

Your name rings a bell! Join one of our rooms this wake and add our stewards on PSN!

Your name rings a bell! Join one of our rooms this wake and add our stewards on PSN!
I can't race this weekend and I have exams on monday and tuesday. So I'm only available to get a session in today or on race day, hope that's ok.

I can't really make out which teams are still available. Can anyone point that out?

Hey guys! Still very stoked about my very first victory here...damn that was more than necessary !!..:banghead::gtpflag:

For next round: Which type of course will we race on? I don't guess that we are driving on the 80's track, do we?

Hello @w-g-e long time no see! We have just enough space so you can obviously join us. Nice to have you on board :cheers:

Only one team is open at the moment. You can join our latest race winner MSP_JUJU in Team Nissan Z but you would have to use Nissan Z Base Model '06. You can also enter as privateer and pick any car you want in the car list.

@MSP_JUJU congratz again on your win this week. Nice to have a new winner in EGT500! We now have 13 diffrent winners in the series.

We are racing on the current Monza layout not the 80's one.

I will be doing some testing tonight at about 20:00 cet.

Last edited:
Hello @w-g-e long time no see! We have just enough space so you can obviously join us. Nice to have you on board :cheers:

Only one team is open at the moment. You can join our latest race winner MSP_JUJU in Team Nissan Z but you would have to use Nissan Z Base Model '06. You can also enter as privateer and pick any car you want in the car list.

@MSP_JUJU congratz again on your win this week. Nice to have a new winner in EGT500! We now have 13 diffrent winners in the series.

We are racing on the current Monza layout not the 80's one.

I will be doing some testing tonight at about 20:00 cet.
I've decided to go with the Nizzan Z Base Model '06, so I can join the team as well. Congratulations on the win @MSP_JUJU, looks like I've joined at the right time.:)

Last edited:
I've decided to go with the Nizzan Z Base Model '06, so I can join the team as well. Congratulations on the win @MSP_JUJU, looks like I've joined at the right time.:)

I think you made a good choice 👍

Rules for base model teams are same body color but you are allowed to have diffrent wheel color.

Again welcome to the EGT500 series and best of luck. :cheers:

Monza test room still up. I will be on for about half an hour more. For the moment I'm really struggling to find a good setup here. Just don't feel the car under me.

I think you made a good choice 👍

Rules for base model teams are same body color but you are allowed to have diffrent wheel color.

Again welcome to the EGT500 series and best of luck. :cheers:

Monza test room still up. I will be on for about half an hour more. For the moment I'm really struggling to find a good setup here. Just don't feel the car under me.
Is it a public lobby or a room in the club? I can't see it.

@nissman: Thanks man!

@w-g-e: You are welcome! Happy to have at least someone who races in the same team! (FYI: I used the following colour: Gran Turismo Blue Metallic - I guess it's the blue you can get from the Mercedes SLS;))

See you on track!!!!

Back