(SuperGT) EURO GT500 Season 8 - Winners - MSP_J-Town and YellowHat MSP RacingFinished 

• Thread starter nissman
  • 220 comments
Monza test room up.

Drivers in: Nissman, JTown

10395173_320015794870233_731111951867096030_n.png

Last edited:
Monza test session open.

Drivers in: Jtown, Stretchy, Lozzaiscool, Nissman, MSP_Turbo, Uwe, Hasinho

Last edited:
Race day!

A couple of notes I would make for tonight:

Please make sure you stay inside the white line when you exit the pits, it's particularly dangerous to cross it at this track!

Take care on lap 1! I noticed in a test race that we had quite a few accidents on the first lap, and there was only 6 cars racing! So with all of us racing together we will need to be extra careful! And remember if you have an accident don't wait for the other driver, it's dangerous, especially at a fast track like Monza! The stewards (Nissman, stretchy, lozzaiscool) will deal with it after the race if it is reported to us privately.

Lastly, let's have some good racing! First time we have raced at Monza in Gt6, and from what I have seen so far it's going to be a close one!

See you guys on track!

Thanks for the heads up Lozz 👍

Also be careful when entering pits. If you come in at full speed you car will get reseted to start of pit lane. Be extra careful if you are directly behind a car on pit entry as the cars in front will be braking. I suggest you test this out before the race.

Track Rules: Rd.5 Monza

-- White Line on the Exit of Ascari is not considered part of track. You may cross the white line with all 4 wheels.

Andddd Dino has no race pace again :D

I'm suprised I Q'd that high, I've been pretty sick recently so I have no been testing

Test room open for Madrid Reverse. Getting my testing in early this week. This is a tough track! Getting lap times down will be important here, qualifying well will be essential as there isn't much room for overtaking at this circuit!

Drivers in:

lozzaiscool, Nissman, GTP_w-g-e, GTRP_mirial

Last edited:
Madrid Reverse practice session open.

Edit: New room up

Drivers in: Stretchy, Nissman, lozzaiscool

Last edited:
Race day gentleman!

What makes this race special is the lack of opportunity to overtake. So try to be careful and patient when passing tonight. Nobody likes any reports after the race.

No special track rules for tonight. Be careful on the pit-exit rule as goes for every race.

As usual try to make your connection as stable as possible, I will make practice room shortly, race room will be hosted by Tomzon.

When following someone try to brake earlier, the slightest tap really does send people off line and into the wall. Try to be careful but aggressive!

Apologies for another retirement as it was pointless plodding around at the back. I just haven't got the car working at all on low and high speed circuits and I'll have to maybe take some time out to concentrate on that as the setup I have is an oddball that works well when there's plenty of loading over the front wheels.

Congratulations to JT for the win, Uwe for a good finish and to Lozza for pushing hard at the end and getting second place; I'm sure you weren't very cool at the finish!

Q: 4th
R: 2nd

Qualifying was very intense here, it was difficult to get a lap without traffic. Eventually I ended up with one chance to do a fast lap at the end. Got a 16.2 which was 0.2 off my best, so I was slightly disappointed with that. But still getting 4th on the grid wasn't too bad!

The race started well, I'm amazed everyone got through the chicane on lap 1 :) I was following uwe for the the first lap, and then unfortunately for him he made a mistake on lap 2, which allowed me to make a move on him. After this I concentrated on trying to catch Niss and JT, however the best I could do was match their lap times. So I was stuck 3 seconds behind them for the whole first stint. Then the pitstops came, I pitted later than Niss and JT, I waited until lap 20. After the stops I was about 6 or 7 secs behind, this was from pitting late and putting more fuel in. But I knew this would help me later in the race! After the final pitstops I was right behind them when we left the pits, and I knew this was my chance to catch their tow and try to stick with them. Luckily for me they were racing very hard and slowing eachother down, eventually Niss tried to make a move on JT at the chicane which slowed them both down massively and allowed me to jump ahead of Niss and slot in behind JT. After this Niss seemed to lose some time, maybe tyre wear I'm not sure. I followed JT very closely for the rest of the race, but could not find a way past him anywhere. Congrats to JT for driving so well under pressure in the Supra!

A great race for me, very pleased with this result! :)

Well done to everyone for getting through that race, it was a tough one! See you all next week!

Last edited:
Cape Ring South test room open.

I will probably be on for about 1 hour.

Drivers in room:

Lozzaiscool
GTP_w-g-e
Nissman

Edit: room closed.

Last edited:
I just haven't got the car working at all on low and high speed circuits and I'll have to maybe take some time out to concentrate on that as the setup I have is an oddball that works well when there's plenty of loading over the front wheels.

Oh come on Miri I'm sure you don't need to take any time off. With classic GTF tracks coming in Cape and Spa I think you'll be just fine. You just had a bad mid season run but you can still finish strong in the last two races.

Edit: Cape Ring room up.

Last edited:
Oh come on Miri I'm sure you don't need to take any time off. With classic GTF tracks coming in Cape and Spa I think you'll be just fine. You just had a bad mid season run but you can still finish strong in the last two races.

Edit: Cape Ring room up.

Did a few laps of Madrid there with a lower, much softer setup and was into mid 16s easily, plus a few recce laps of Cape Ring offline where the car felt good.

My internet connection has been awful the last few days, so I will sit out. I may not make the last race for the same reasons. Hope to get it sorted soon.

Thats a shame wge. You think maybe you could still give it a go tonight? Your connection might still hold up you never know.

Race day gentleman! Been a bit quiet this week so I hope everyone is joining tonight. I think we should have nice race at this track as it allows side by side action.

I opened a room for testing.

Track Rules: Rd.7 Cape Ring South

-- Pit Exit Line is very tight on the outside of turn 1. Keep your right side wheels with-in the white line. You may cut the line with your left side wheels.

@MSP_JTown secures his second EGT500 title with 2nd place in Cape Ring!

Congratulations to JT for his amazing drive in the YellowHat Toyota Supra in season 8. :cheers:

S8%2BStandings.PNG

team%2Bstandings.PNG

Last edited:
Back