[SuperGT] Euro GT500 - Season 9 - Champions: NissmanR32 and TOM's UK Petronas RacingOpen 

• Thread starter nissman
  • 711 comments
My last EGT500 championship race for a long time tonight guys, possibly last one ever, as I'm leaving the country in a couple of months! It's been a pleasure racing with everyone involved, particularly those who have been here for the whole 5 years or however long it's been :)

Also likely to be the last EGT500 season run on GT6 with GTSport coming up! So let's make this race a good one and give GT500 racing on GT6 a good send off!

My last EGT500 championship race for a long time tonight guys, possibly last one ever, as I'm leaving the country in a couple of months! It's been a pleasure racing with everyone involved, particularly those who have been here for the whole 5 years or however long it's been :)

Also likely to be the last EGT500 season run on GT6 with GTSport coming up! So let's make this race a good one and give GT500 racing on GT6 a good send off!

CevCG36WQAAl4Fo.jpg:large

Race lobby open.

lozzaishost

Join ASAP guys! :)

Edit: Had some compatibility issues with Nissman. Weird as it worked fine with me as host last time! New host TRL_ERAZER.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, i am not able to make it on time. I have to cancel for tonight.
You guys have a great season final!

what happend, I hope it was'nt just me?

edit. It was just me. No apparent reason why, I cannot remember the last time this happend, I'm always the one with the strongest connection. I've only been disconnected once before, and that was because my internet provider decided to perform maintenance at that very inconvenient time.

I'm lost for words, 250/250 connection, 1ms ping, GT6 says "Nat type 2" and bandwith "very high", cleared cache, router restarted, what more can I do?
GT6 servers are so bad I can scarcely believe it. Not even sure I'll buy GT7/sport the way this looks.

Last edited:
Awful luck yesterday @TRL_Andromeda. I really didn't want to finish the EGT500 series like this with all the dc's we had.

Really dissapointed at the GT servers lately, it ruined the season totally I think. One thing is certain, this was the last season on the PS3 system, the servers are dead.

I will post the official results later today.

Got disconnected also...
Nice strategy lozz and nis.. I would only been able to recover on lozz,niss was of to win!
been fun to be partly part of this ;) sadly the servers weren't with us!
thanks to niss for organising this ;)

Got disconnected also...
Nice strategy lozz and nis.. I would only been able to recover on lozz,niss was of to win!
been fun to be partly part of this ;) sadly the servers weren't with us!
thanks to niss for organising this ;)
Are you sure? I know for a fact that the most time is gained towards the end of the race when you run with more stops.
For example, if you remember the WRS GT500 race at fuji, PASM almost caught me with a 3-stopper compared to a 2 stopper. when he came in for his final stop, he only had about 15 seconds on me, despite that, he ended up just 3 seconds behind.

I was pretty confident we would be ahead of them, judging from the gap we pulled just up until my DC.

Anyway, makes for no difference at this point.

@nissman : Yes, its very sad that it had to end this way, It would have been a great season otherwise.
And if only @DrAug had been in from the start of the season, he would have been the one with the ballast, that would have been even better!
Maybe on another game, we will race again. :)

I'm unfortunately pulling out of GT6 racing completely. After this season, the only series I was planning on competing in was the WRS GT300 tripple mix and the GTPSS GT3 series with TRL. But both those series is put on hold, and it looks like AJ will cancel the GTPSS series altogether in favour for some casual sprint races. I was a huge fan of his sprint race format, and was planning to take part, but the DC last night was kind of the nail in the coffin for me.
I have ordered a T300RS, and for the moment I'm moving over to PCars. TRL is planning an entry in the ESL championship, and I hope to take part.

Are you sure? I know for a fact that the most time is gained towards the end of the race when you run with more stops.
For example, if you remember the WRS GT500 race at fuji, PASM almost caught me with a 3-stopper compared to a 2 stopper. when he came in for his final stop, he only had about 15 seconds on me, despite that, he ended up just 3 seconds behind.

I was pretty confident we would be ahead of them, judging from the gap we pulled just up until my DC.

Anyway, makes for no difference at this point.

@nissman : Yes, its very sad that it had to end this way, It would have been a great season otherwise.
And if only @DrAug had been in from the start of the season, he would have been the one with the ballast, that would have been even better!
Maybe on another game, we will race again. :)

I'm unfortunately pulling out of GT6 racing completely. After this season, the only series I was planning on competing in was the WRS GT300 tripple mix and the GTPSS GT3 series with TRL. But both those series is put on hold, and it looks like AJ will cancel the GTPSS series altogether in favour for some casual sprint races. I was a huge fan of his sprint race format, and was planning to take part, but the DC last night was kind of the nail in the coffin for me.
I have ordered a T300RS, and for the moment I'm moving over to PCars. TRL is planning an entry in the ESL championship, and I hope to take part.
ESL? i thought you guys just stick to racing games?

Are you sure? I know for a fact

It's interesting how you make confident speculation with only half the race done. :)

There is now way 4 stopper is faster than a 3 stopper in a 240km race, it was actually quite a bit slower. I was very suprised when I saw you guys go for it.

Let me fill you in on the last stint as you have no replay. Aug came out in 3rd behind me and Lozz. With 9 laps to go he was 13 sec behind. He maybe might have a chance to catch me but with Lozza still to pass in 2nd place the chances were slim to none. Also I saw in replay you put almost no fuel in first two stops so I think you would have an much bigger gap to me in last stint.

It's a shame we all didn't finish so my win would be legit. But with @DrAug posting '' Niss was of to win'' if feels very legit.

Actually i lost quite some time doing mistakes! In the 1st stint i spun. Ran wide à few.times then finally made à mistake at chicane before pitting, and as à.true left handed body i made another mistake on my first fast lap in the last stint as i was revovering big time on lozza,made me lose 4-6 sec, and there i knew after multiple mistakes that i couldnt win anymore... Plus my left hand is getting weak after 1hour straight of racing .. Even though i'm very proud of what my left hand is able to do, i had the news yesterday that i can't work until June ! So it's time to improve big.time with my left hand !
Racing gt500 again been a great feeling !;)

Another race with a silly mistake from me early on after just about being in touch with the leading group thanks to the slipstream. Tyre wear was also very even so might have been able to stay in touch more than I first thought....a tank slapper at the final turn a few laps later added many more seconds.

Whilst I got a solid third, it was a bit empty with all the DCs and the gap to @lozzaiscool.

I really was a Petron-a*** in many of the races so wasn't much of a team mate with one DNS and a few DNFs because of crashes/spins etc, so it was a very solid effort from Lozza to get us those points! But Niss got the raw deal with teammates this year... @xStretch- :D Ah, must be a good reason, because you missed out on a good season which was very competitive.

Many thanks to @nissman for doing the organising. Great job again! If you lived near by, I'd buy you a pint of Staropramen or several :cheers:. And thanks to everyone that made this such a competitive season....it's good to know there are many out there who have great speed and enthusiasm for GT6 this long since its release.

It's interesting how you make confident speculation with only half the race done. :)

There is now way 4 stopper is faster than a 3 stopper in a 240km race, it was actually quite a bit slower. I was very suprised when I saw you guys go for it.

Let me fill you in on the last stint as you have no replay. Aug came out in 3rd behind me and Lozz. With 9 laps to go he was 13 sec behind. He maybe might have a chance to catch me but with Lozza still to pass in 2nd place the chances were slim to none. Also I saw in replay you put almost no fuel in first two stops so I think you would have an much bigger gap to me in last stint.

It's a shame we all didn't finish so my win would be legit. But with @DrAug posting '' Niss was of to win'' if feels very legit.
1'st stop, I was 1 lap short on fuel, wich I compensated in my 2'nd stop, so no, I was not short on fuel. Aug was staying out longer than me, loosing time. I would have been much closer to you towards the end than Aug, but Aug would be on better tyres. I actually had quite good pace, I got faster and faster for every lap, getting more and more confident with that car. I lost alot of time batteling with you in the first stint, and then I lost some time batteling with Aug in the 2'nd stint. concidering the fact I was getting faster and faster, mainly due to lack of practice beforehand (the race itself was my practice), I do feel I had the chance to beat Aug, albeit not with much. I would have got out in front after his 2'nd stop (1 lap after my DC). Thats a given, all I would have to do from there was to defend my position with slightly more worn tyres, and he would not be able to pass until the final stint, that is for sure.
If I would have been able to hold my position in the final stint, or if we would have caught you, we will never know. but I think it would be closer than you (or Aug) think. Passing is not especially difficult on Fuji, especially if you're on better tyres. :)

PC?

I've had no internet for 3 weeks but its back now, been play Pcars all this time. Its fun but the AI are so retarded
PS4 ;)

We're entering the Nvidia Challenger series and the Logitech Championship series.
Link to the main page:
Link to out team entry page:

Last edited:
Back