[SuperGT] Euro GT500 - Season 9 - Champions: NissmanR32 and TOM's UK Petronas RacingOpen 

• Thread starter nissman
  • 711 comments
Starting next week a Safety Car rule will be introduced. As this is a full damage series, races can be ruined for drivers on lap 1 which usualy results drivers parking their cars and retiring from the race. This rule will help prevent that.

Good of you to introduce this and particularly for round five. Looking at the replay, jump start penalties do seem to be a cause of a lot of first corner incidents I think, as drivers end up immediately changing track position and are even more hyped up as a result of that!

As for my race, it was mostly my fault that I got hit going into turn one on lap two and suffered minor damage. I would have continued no problem but I crashed hard at 130R two laps later, got repairs and then half spun the following lap and then crashed at Dunlop a lap later. It was best I just got out of everybody's road.

Rd. Suzuka - Driver Penalties

@Roflwaffle -- Running Another Car Off Track - 3 Championship Point Penalty

Lap 1, Turn 1 - Contact with @SRT DK Racing which lead to a two car wreck (@xStretch-), both cars receive engine damage.
What? I didn't run anyone off the road at the first corner, I left plenty of room on the outside, especially when Pfeffer spun on the outside. SRT and Stretch were behind me...

What? I didn't run anyone off the road at the first corner, I left plenty of room on the outside, especially when Pfeffer spun on the outside. SRT and Stretch were behind me...

Did you save the replay mate? You firtsly made contact with TRL_Erazer, then another contact with @SRT DK Racing pushing him wide in turn 1 which caused him to spin right in to @xStretch- with both cars getting engine damage, which lead to both drivers retiring from the race.

If you have any other complaints regarding the penatly send me a PM.

I think its only of them ones where when you're racing you think you've done nothing but you watch the replay and see it.

You went into the back of me at Indy too, I let that go as we try to be fairly chilled with stewarding here but 2 lap 1 incidents at this stage in the season we needed to do something. If you want to discuss the incident feel free to PM me bro, I'm around all night and tomorrow.

Bathurst test lobby open.

I'm using public lobby, so you can add me on PSN, or find the room by searching by track.

Hope to see some of you shortly. Some short test races would be very useful at this track. And good fun too :)

New option added to the SC rule.

Safety Car Rule Explained:

- Every driver on the grid can deploy the ''Virtual Safety Car'' by typing - (SC) in the game message board

- Drivers are allowed to deploy the SC only on start of the races (lap 1) and on the restarts after the SC procedure

- Drivers are allowed to deploy the SC only if two or more cars are involved in a crash resulting in damage

- Drivers are allowed to deploy the SC in case of lag on race start (Standing Start)

- Drivers are not allowed to deploy SC if they get damage by their own mistake on lap 1

Safety Car Procedure:

- When the Safety Car is deployed the leader of the race drops the pace to 100kmh/62mph

- All cars hold their positions as they where at the moment SC was deployed

- No overtaking at any time under SC procedure

- At the end of lap 1 damaged cars can pit to repair damage

- Pit Lane is Open under SC for everyone

- Race leader continues with 100kmh pace for another lap (Lap 2)

- Cars that pitted on lap 1 are allowed to catch up to the back of the grid at full speed

- Any car that pits under SC must do the restart at the back of the grid. You can not retain your pre-pit position.

- Cars that pitted must join the back of the grid in order they left the pit lane.

- Rolling Restart at lap 2 of SC procedure at the start finish line

Correct Car Positions at Rolling Starts
proxy.php

Last edited:
One question. If, for example, I am in 3rd place and I pit under SC, presumably I rejoin at the back of the field not in the 3rd position I was when SC was called?

One question. If, for example, I am in 3rd place and I pit under SC, presumably I rejoin at the back of the field not in the 3rd position I was when SC was called?

Obviously anyone who pits under SC must do the restart at the back of the grid. You can not retain your pre-pit position.

Cars that pitted must join the back of the grid in order they left the pit lane.

@Lozzaisgay
:lol::lol:

Anyway, I just caugt up with the thread, and regarding the "dirty" driver that is now TRL... who you talking about? I can only assume its me or immortal?

Last race was messy start, I just want to apologize, even if I did not put anyone off or anything, my jump start was a huge reason why it got so messy. I was just overexcited, as I was determined to take first. I knew if I just got past I would be able to hold aug behind, atleast for the first stint (I was running very low downforce), and I also know that when I'm in the zone I have the reaction time of a fly. unfortunately I was not in the zone, and I messed up.

My apologies.

:lol::lol:

Anyway, I just caugt up with the thread, and regarding the "dirty" driver that is now TRL... who you talking about? I can only assume its me or immortal?

Last race was messy start, I just want to apologize, even if I did not put anyone off or anything, my jump start was a huge reason why it got so messy. I was just overexcited, as I was determined to take first. I knew if I just got past I would be able to hold aug behind, atleast for the first stint (I was running very low downforce), and I also know that when I'm in the zone I have the reaction time of a fly. unfortunately I was not in the zone, and I messed up.

My apologies.

Haha, I've known you for 5 weeks now!

It was Immo, I remember seeing replay on GT5 in our championship when he had a few scraps at the back. Then boom, they incidents slowed down and he was way ahead of everyone apart from Tony :D

LOL at my qualifying session , damaged my car at every quick lap .

then unfortunately , i was to close to friday and nissman and got collected and sent off , heavily damaged , in the grass.. after this i had to pit and tried to change strategy but didn't took enough fuel to do so ...
hope i still get the bonus point , setting a 1.55'7** on last lap .

good race to everyone , bathurst been harsh with most of the field tonight , good win @TRL_Andromeda , well done podium ;)

then unfortunately , i was to close to friday and nissman and got collected and sent off , heavily damaged , in the grass.. after this i had to pit and tried to change strategy but didn't took enough fuel to do so ...

good race to everyone , bathurst been harsh with most of the field tonight , good win @TRL_Andromeda , well done podium ;)

Yes, I was very surprised when I didn't see you at the top in qualifying Aug! Nearly as surprised as I was to see myself in pole position!

I'm sure you will get the extra point for race best lap, as long as you didn't cut any corners :) I will check the lap and confirm the exact lap time tomorrow evening.

Looks like I jinxed you! :ouch:

Good win @TRL_Andromeda :cheers:

There's no penalty needed to me , i mean, it's a race incident ..
we know you're clean and the 2 laps before the crash prove it...
from what i've seen you had nowhere else to go and hit the kerb at around 290km/h, then well it happened ;)

Yes, I watched the incident briefly last night, and seems like a racing incident to me. It was just the result of 3 cars trying to go through the fastest part of the track at the same time :)

I will double check from some different angles when I'm home from work this evening! But the fact that @nissman and @DrAug haven't filed a report shows me that they also see it is an accident. So I'm sure you will be safe from a penalty :)

Again sorry for my poor behavior last night, i collected both @nissman and @DrAug , as i try to race as clean as possible i am ashamed for my terrible action. :banghead:

Waiting for my penalty :embarrassed:..... See you guys next week

These things happen, I saw the video haha

Sorry for missing the race yesterday, I was at the Arsenal Barcelona game, I had to go and see Messi :D

Again sorry for my poor behavior last night, i collected both @nissman and @DrAug , as i try to race as clean as possible i am ashamed for my terrible action. :banghead:

Waiting for my penalty :embarrassed:..... See you guys next week

It was obviously a racing incident. Track is narrow, not much space to make a move so this things happen quick.

You will stiil be given a reprimand for the incident.

These things happen, I saw the video haha

Sorry for missing the race yesterday, I was at the Arsenal Barcelona game, I had to go and see Messi :D

And you saw him score two goals against your team lol. :dunce:

Congratulations to @TRL_Andromeda for the impressive 42kg ballast win at the Moutain.

1398307156_1148239068.jpg

Rd.5 - Driver of the Race - @SkengD

It's been a while since our Season 6 champion got a podium but that was just solid last night to hold of the super quick Aughablo for 3rd position.

1398307988_1261826979.jpg

Last edited:
Back