Surely PD is baiting us?

United Kingdom
UK
Phantom__Mark
Surely PD are baiting us with the Used Car lot.......barely a thing updates for days and days and days, then it is just the same stuff I saw already for ages and ages ? Likewise with the legends stuff.......I am literally just revenue grinding at the moment in preparation for when some content drops in that I want to buy, hugely frustrating !!!!

Is there actually a way to drive all the content in another mode or something, before it comes up for sale ? I am almost working myself up for disappointment when the content drops I am waiting for, that seems like forever.

Surely PD are baiting us with the Used Car lot.......barely a thing updates for days and days and days, then it is just the same stuff I saw already for ages and ages ? Likewise with the legends stuff.......I am literally just revenue grinding at the moment in preparation for when some content drops in that I want to buy, hugely frustrating !!!!

Is there actually a way to drive all the content in another mode or something, before it comes up for sale ? I am almost working myself up for disappointment when the content drops I am waiting for, that seems like forever.
They both update daily, at midnight UTC. That may not necessarily involve any cars being swapped out or in, but each car in stock is one day closer to being swapped out every day.

Watch for cars that are "Limited Stock", which will be out of stock the next day (usually), then exchanged for replacement vehicles the following day.

They both update daily, at midnight UTC. That may not necessarily involve any cars being swapped out or in, but each car in stock is one day closer to being swapped out every day.

Watch for cars that are "Limited Stock", which will be out of stock the next day (usually), then exchanged for replacement vehicles the following day.
Yup, like a mug I sit there nearly every day waiting at midnight, and if I am lucky 2 crappy cars update that I already have or have zero interest in buying.....the option to mug it off and not bother playing isn't there either is it, the one day I decide not to check will be the day the cars I am waiting for drops, the way they have this setup I could literally play the game for years and never see the cars I wanted unless I played EVERY day without fail until I got them all.

Whoever made this design decision, with no options to play the content elsewhere deserves firing !

Yup, like a mug I sit there nearly every day waiting at midnight, and if I am lucky 2 crappy cars update that I already have or have zero interest in buying.....the option to mug it off and not bother playing isn't there either is it, the one day I decide not to check will be the day the cars I am waiting for drops, the way they have this setup I could literally play the game for years and never see the cars I wanted unless I played EVERY day without fail until I got them all.

Whoever made this design decision, with no options to play the content elsewhere deserves firing !

Just check this website to see whats rotated in on a daily basis.

Maybe you have already purchased all the used vehicles in the game. There was a time there where I just bought any used car that I didn't already own. I didn't care what it was, what color it was or how many miles it had; I just bought it. I haven't seen an update in probably 2 weeks that had a car I didn't already own. My assumption is that I now own all the used cars. For all I know there may be 1 or 2 I don't own and I give it a look every day to see if something pops up, but nothing yet.

Maybe you own all the used cars and that's why you aren't seeing any updates.

Maybe you have already purchased all the used vehicles in the game. There was a time there where I just bought any used car that I didn't already own. I didn't care what it was, what color it was or how many miles it had; I just bought it. I haven't seen an update in probably 2 weeks that had a car I didn't already own. My assumption is that I now own all the used cars. For all I know there may be 1 or 2 I don't own and I give it a look every day to see if something pops up, but nothing yet.

Sadly not, as I still have a couple of unfulfilled menu's, annoyingly cars I want as well.

Same boat, just bought all the used cars for several rotations and now own them all and quite honestly I'm not bothered with mileage or colour but I got lucky getting both CSLs early on for example.

I'm a bit more meh about the legends stuff though as in all reality my (me personally) will get bored with most of them so I'd buy them for virtual posterity rather than desire these days.

the way they have this setup I could literally play the game for years and never see the cars I wanted unless I played EVERY day without fail until I got them all.
Well... not entirely no. There's only about 70 cars in the UCD (and some of those are not unique to the UCD) and they change on average two cars a day in an approximate rotation. That means you might see all the cars there in just over a month.
Sadly not, as I still have a couple of unfulfilled menu's, annoyingly cars I want as well.
You can add the cars to your Wishlist directly from the Menu Book. That way you'll get a red flag over the UCD (and Legends) when a car you want is in stock without having to manually check it.

Well... not entirely no. There's only about 70 cars in the UCD (and some of those are not unique to the UCD) and they change on average two cars a day in an approximate rotation. That means you might see all the cars there in just over a month.
But some of those cars can have 20+ OEM paint schemes, so if you're after a particularly one...

It's been a year and the "black special edition" Trans Am has not once been available in the shop.

Last edited:
But some of those cars can have 20+ OEM paint schemes, so if you're after a particularly one...

It's been a year and the "black special edition" Trans Am has not once been available in the shop.
Oh I'm sure, but I don't recall any Menu Book requiring you to collect a car in a specific colour.

It's been a year and the "black special edition" Trans Am has not once been available in the shop
The black with the gold bird on the hood has been available because I have multiple ones on both of my accounts.
It did not show up for a long time.

Last edited:
What is the "black special edition"? Do you mean the Smokey & the Bandit paint scheme? Thats in the custom livery section. Just download it and apply it to the regular car.
Also if that is the one he was referencing it was in the UCD the first or second time it appeared there, as I got it from UCD like that before they “broke“ it for awhile with an update and it kept putting the same color of the cars in over and over and over. For the TA I think it was stuck on the tan/brown color during that time.

But if not, yeah just apply that livery and call it a day? 🤷‍♂️

Actually, it has. I own one.

Also if that is the one he was referencing it was in the UCD the first or second time it appeared there, as I got it from UCD like that before they “broke“ it for awhile with an update and it kept putting the same color of the cars in over and over and over. For the TA I think it was stuck on the tan/brown color during that time.

But if not, yeah just apply that livery and call it a day? 🤷‍♂️
This one (has this ever shown up?):
1678139069253.png

Not this one (has shown up once a few months ago and never again since):
1678139045580.png

Player made decals simply aren't up to par. We cannot create lines/edges this clean.
1678139168234.png

This one (has this ever shown up?):
View attachment 1237276

Not this one (has shown up once a few months ago and never again since):
View attachment 1237275

Player made decals simply aren't up to par. We cannot create lines/edges this clean.
View attachment 1237277
I’d have to log in and look to see which one, all I know is it’s the one that looks like it’s from Smokey and the Bandit. Can’t recall and not concerned at all about the minor differences between the two, personally.

You can add the cars to your Wishlist directly from the Menu Book. That way you'll get a red flag over the UCD (and Legends) when a car you want is in stock without having to manually check it.
So as I said, an occasional player could conceivably never see the full car selection, let alone even have the ability to play with it in another game mode as an alternative.

Weak design choice that frankly just annoys the player, these design choices deliberately hamper the ability for a casual player to have access to the full content - nobody designs their games to deliberately annoy the player and exclude them from playing the way they want to play it, that is bad design, it is bad design for the fact there is no defined progression path to unlock all the content, only random luck you can engage with if you have the time to grind it out every day.

Last edited:
So as I said, an occasional player could conceivably never see the full car selection, let alone even have the ability to play with it in another game mode as an alternative.

Weak design choice that frankly just annoys the player, these design choices deliberately hamper the ability for a casual player to have access to the full content - nobody designs their games to deliberately annoy the player and exclude them from playing the way they want to play it, that is bad design, it is bad design for the fact there is no defined progression path to unlock all the content, only random luck you can engage with if you have the time to grind it out every day.
I would argue that such a casual player would have no idea about the existence of things they don't see, so thus are at no net negative from neutral.

Well I am one of those more casual players, and I know about them, so ? I have only been grinding it out lately to try and pickup some cars I know exist but have no access to ?

Now it would seem we all suffer because PD want to bait you in particular
I didn't force you to click on this thread and read it, I am sure you could better spend your smart comments some place more deserving ??

I didn't force you to click on this thread and read it, I am sure you could better spend your smart comments some place more deserving ??
Hey, it was meant a ls a light joke, no need to feel scolded.
I can't personally understand the draw but I respect it. Unfortunately it means you will have to wait.

And while I wasn't forced to read the thread it's within my right to do so and to write what I want in it. It wasn't meant to offend you but if it did it's not really my problem

Hey, it was meant a ls a light joke, no need to feel scolded.
I can't personally understand the draw but I respect it. Unfortunately it means you will have to wait.

And while I wasn't forced to read the thread it's within my right to do so and to write what I want in it. It wasn't meant to offend you but if it did it's not really my problem
Text, and especially English is not often the carrier of subtlety in humour, no offence taken - no problem, thx.
What cars are you waiting for?
GC110 ? 4 Door Skyline
maxresdefault.jpg

and the Nissan S13 K's Dia ,1963 Stingray, Renault R8 Gordini, Clio V6, tying off a couple of menus basically, I do really want the S13 and the GC110 tho.

If it’s any consolation, you can skip a day or two (actually more) and not miss out on an opportunity to get cars from UCD and LCD, assuming you have the money to buy them when they come up in rotation. There aren’t any cars that are only available for only 1 or 2 days before they are gone, so you can skip consecutive days and still get the cars before they are gone. Most cars are usually there for a week, sometimes more, so just don’t skip a whole week and they’ll eventually come into rotation and you’ll get them, (unless you’re looking for Escudo or Ford Roadster 😉). I’m not sure which cars stay for how many days, as some stay longer than others, but generally speaking they're there for at least 5 or 6 days minimum before Sold Out.
There’s even a website you can go to that shows what’s there and for how many more days.

I do. So, personally, the UCD's a step backwards with very little gain compared to being able to just pick the colour and buy the car in GT Sport.
Is that special black edition paint scheme you want even in GT7? Just because it’s in GT Sport doesn’t mean it’s in GT7.
I don’t disagree with you, I think there is room for improvement in the UCD, but I wouldn’t be surprised if that special black edition isn’t even GT7. I don’t recall PD ever making a claim that they included all factory color options/schemes of all cars included in the game, but could be wrong there, maybe they did?

Back