Surely PD is baiting us?

Is that special black edition paint scheme you want even in GT7? Just because it’s in GT Sport doesn’t mean it’s in GT7.
I don’t disagree with you, I think there is room for improvement in the UCD, but I wouldn’t be surprised if that special black edition isn’t even GT7. I don’t recall PD ever making a claim that they included all factory color options/schemes of all cars included in the game, but could be wrong there, maybe they did?
It is. The design is available on the car and the "Black Special Edition" paint is in the paint shop under Pontiac.

A convoluted way to check which colours are available on non-Brand Central cars:

1. Go to GT Auto and save the stock car as a style without applying any liveries
2. Go to the Showcase, open the new style and preview it
3. You can now scroll through all the OEM paint schemes available on that car

Last edited:
So as I said, an occasional player could conceivably never see the full car selection
Yeah, it's a rotation, so it's never the same stock twice. But there's 30 cars of 70ish (and 30 which are available in Brand Central in perpetuity) on display at any one time each lasting five or more days in stock. The whole thing rotates in about a month, checking in one day in every five - six days in total - will show you everything once, on average.

If you're more occasional than that, sure.

Legends Cars is far more long-legged than the UCD, with ten cars of 70ish on display at any one time and about a three-month rotation.

GC110 ? 4 Door Skyline and the Nissan S13 K's Dia ,1963 Stingray, Renault R8 Gordini, Clio V6
Go into the Menu, go to the car you want, and select "Add to Wishlist". When the car comes into stock in the relevant dealer - and all except the S13 and Clio there are in Legends Cars, not the Used Car dealer - it will show a red flag icon above the dealer in the World Map, so you don't need to check it every day.

Incidentally that's a two-door Skyline; there isn't a four-door Skyline in the game, but both the Hakosuka and Kenmeri GT-Rs are required for Extra Menu 13 - and both are in Legends Cars.

Yup, like a mug I sit there nearly every day waiting at midnight, and if I am lucky 2 crappy cars update that I already have or have zero interest in buying.....the option to mug it off and not bother playing isn't there either is it, the one day I decide not to check will be the day the cars I am waiting for drops, the way they have this setup I could literally play the game for years and never see the cars I wanted unless I played EVERY day without fail until I got them all.

Whoever made this design decision, with no options to play the content elsewhere deserves firing !
The person rather gets a promotion, as apparently FOMO marketing strategies work just as intended.

Well... not entirely no. There's only about 70 cars in the UCD (and some of those are not unique to the UCD) and they change on average two cars a day in an approximate rotation. That means you might see all the cars there in just over a month.
It's 106, with 71 unique to the UCD. The current rotation is 5-12 days on (most cars are available 8-9 days), then just under 4 weeks off (the car, as of just short of midnight UTC, that's been gone the longest is the 1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1, last selling out 2/9, with 3 cars last selling out 2/10).

Well, it quite literally is my birthday today and a couple of cars dropped I have been waiting for , for what seemed forever, a smile on my face today......GC110, where are you now ?? :)

Text, and especially English is not often the carrier of subtlety in humour, no offence taken - no problem, thx.

GC110 ? 4 Door Skyline
maxresdefault.jpg

and the Nissan S13 K's Dia ,1963 Stingray, Renault R8 Gordini, Clio V6, tying off a couple of menus basically, I do really want the S13 and the GC110 tho.
Well would you look at that, the S13 K's just appeared in the UCD today, along with the Clio V6. Kaz must have heard you complaining.

It is. The design is available on the car and the "Black Special Edition" paint is in the paint shop under Pontiac.

A convoluted way to check which colours are available on non-Brand Central cars:

1. Go to GT Auto and save the stock car as a style without applying any liveries
2. Go to the Showcase, open the new style and preview it
3. You can now scroll through all the OEM paint schemes available on that car
I logged on a couple hours ago to see which TA I got and it’s not the special black edition, just the regular one I guess, not sure what it’s called. I went and looked at the available liveries for it and saw one titled “REAL Special Black” with tons of likes and shares so I grabbed it and it cost me some credits because I didn’t own the Pontiac Special Edition Black paint. Looked damn good to me when using Preview mode but I’ll check and see how it compares to what comes up using that method to scroll through the OEM paint schemes PD put in the game.

Is there actually a way to drive all the content in another mode or something, before it comes up for sale ? I am almost working myself up for disappointment when the content drops I am waiting for, that seems like forever.
Unfortunately, there isn't a way to do that. Which is why Polyphony really and badly needs to make every single car in the game available as rental cars in the Arcade Modes (Arcade Race, Time Trial, Drift Trial, Custom Race and 2-Player Battle).

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to do that. Which is why Polyphony really and badly needs to make every single car in the game available as rental cars in the Arcade Modes (Arcade Race, Time Trial, Drift Trial, Custom Race and 2-Player Battle).
This exactly, it is a major shortcoming, I don't have much to complain about with the game tbh, I get a lot of enjoyment from it, but that particular thing would solve one massive annoyance for me for sure.

This exactly, it is a major shortcoming, I don't have much to complain about with the game tbh, I get a lot of enjoyment from it, but that particular thing would solve one massive annoyance for me for sure.
Agreed. Being able to test drive all cars in the game at least offline in Time Trials or some kind of Arcade Mode would be a treat. I get that LCD wouldn't realistically offer test drives, but UCD and Brand Central most definitely should.

With test drives, there really wouldn't be much reason to buy some of the more expensive cars, so go figure why there isn't such an option. Kinda sucks we got Music Rallye instead of an Arcade Mode akin to older titles.

Well, it quite literally is my birthday today and a couple of cars dropped I have been waiting for , for what seemed forever, a smile on my face today......GC110, where are you now ?? :)
Happy birthday :cheers:

The suzuki escudo hasnt showed up in 6 months... I already got it but others who dont are waiting for it only to be disappointed... I wouldnt mind a double up though

Where are the 79 Nova's.......90's Jettas.......81 Celica's.....lol

I mean, I am joking but wouldn't it be great if the UCD actually acted like a used car lot? PD went bonkers with Hagerty trying to make rare cars annoyingly unattainable just like reality (which is ABSURD for a game) yet the UCD is the same garbage rotated.

I can go to any car dealer, used or new, in the states and request a car and they will look for it. Imagine being able to type in, say..."2020 Jetta GLI".......and it be available to purchase in a week or two? I get it, the devs could never be capable of this due to all the comedians out there typing in whacked cars. But hey........one can dream.

I mean, I am joking but wouldn't it be great if the UCD actually acted like a used car lot? PD went bonkers with Hagerty trying to make rare cars annoyingly unattainable just like reality (which is ABSURD for a game) yet the UCD is the same garbage rotated.

I can go to any car dealer, used or new, in the states and request a car and they will look for it. Imagine being able to type in, say..."2020 Jetta GLI".......and it be available to purchase in a week or two? I get it, the devs could never be capable of this due to all the comedians out there typing in whacked cars. But hey........one can dream.
You... want... cars that aren't in the game to be available to buy in the game somehow?

Mitsubishi has one ever made two cars models. Have you even played GT7? If you had you would already know that. 🙄
You think that's bad... try Chevrolet.

Chevelle? Cobalt SS? El Camino? Nah, how about you just get 5 Camaros, 50 Corvettes and one Nova that doesn't even count as a Chevy 'cause it's from a tuner brand.

can go to any car dealer, used or new, in the states and request a car and they will look for it. Imagine being able to type in, say..."2020 Jetta GLI".......and it be available to purchase in a week or two?
No wonder your dealers need insane markups

If they'd do that, making the UCD more like real life, they would have to change Brand Central too. I've never seen a dealer selling brand new cars from 10-15 years ago, zero mileage, and have race cars in stock too.
I'm glad this doesn't work like real life dealerships. Bought my current car new and had to wait 3 months before it got delivered. Imagine how that would work in this game :lol:

I clearly stated it was A DREAM lol.
There was very little clear about it, except that you use double/treble ellipses as if they were commas.

You just seemed to be asking for cars that aren't in the game to be in the used car dealers and for it to be searchable rather than a rotating stock list. Even if it was searchable, you wouldn't be able to search for cars that aren't in the game because... they're not in the game.

I would argue that such a casual player would have no idea about the existence of things they don't see, so thus are at no net negative from neutral.
Well if said casual player tries to complete café menus, taken by the hand by the game design, he would probably have ideas of cars to look for like a damn Bugatti Chiron you can't get without a damn invite.

Not speaking about me, it's a friend of mine, of course :D

They both update daily, at midnight UTC.
I don't get the time of day in GT7, sometimes I play it is 1:00 PM UTC and suddenly the worldmap turns to night mode.

Or I play in the evening at 9:00PM UTC, sell one of the 10 karts I've bought for some silly trophy, then play again the next day at 1:00PM and it says I can't sell another kart. And all the selling prices are still the same for the other cars I intend to sell one day (when their price will be much closer to the highest they can reach). Is it not supposed to change day at midnight UTC ?

Last edited:
Well if said casual player tries to complete café menus, taken by the hand by the game design, he would probably have ideas of cars to look for like a damn Bugatti Chiron you can't get without a damn invite.
The Chiron is not an invite car. Only the Veyron is.

Not speaking about me, it's a friend of mine, of course :D

I don't get the time of day in GT7, sometimes I play it is 1:00 PM UTC and suddenly the worldmap turns to night mode.

Or I play in the evening at 9:00PM UTC, sell one of the 10 karts I've bought for some silly trophy, then play again the next day at 1:00PM and it says I can't sell another kart. And all the selling prices are still the same for the other cars I intend to sell one day (when their price will be much closer to the highest they can reach). Is it not supposed to change day at midnight UTC ?
When you sell a car, you have to wait an actual 24hrs. before you can sell another one of the same car.

The day/night cycle on the World Map is not synchronised to the real world.
Or I play in the evening at 9:00PM UTC, sell one of the 10 karts I've bought for some silly trophy, then play again the next day at 1:00PM and it says I can't sell another kart.
You have a 24-hour period after selling a vehicle before you can sell another of the same type. If you sell one at 2100, you won't be able to sell another of the same until 2100 the following day.
And all the selling prices are still the same for the other cars I intend to sell one day (when their price will be much closer to the highest they can reach). Is it not supposed to change day at midnight UTC ?
I have no idea when the prices change; I've never looked into it.

All I can tell you is that UCD/LCD changes at 0000 UTC for everyone, and days for your "Daily Workout" change at midnight in your console's timezone.

There was very little clear about it, except that you use double/treble ellipses as if they were commas.

You just seemed to be asking for cars that aren't in the game to be in the used car dealers and for it to be searchable rather than a rotating stock list. Even if it was searchable, you wouldn't be able to search for cars that aren't in the game because... they're not in the game.
Clearly I am not built for forums.

Back