Suspension tuning

• Thread starter Sjorge
  • 6 comments
Belgium
Leuven
Rick_Vleugels
Hey! I'm not a very good tuner (mostly because I haven't done very much tuning in GT6) but I was wondering about it.

When I buy a car, I can buy different suspension kits: race hard, race soft, offroad and fully customizable.

Now I guess, for someone who doesn't know much about it, one of the three first options is the way to go, but I was wondering: can the first three options all be done with a fully customizable suspension?
For example: I buy a Subaru Impreza and want to race it offroad and on circuit. Can I make an offroad setup and circuit setup with the fully customizable suspension? Or is it better to buy the offroad suspension?

Also, I'm starting to learning tuning in GT6, so I am doing it one part at a time. For now, I'm trying to get suspension tuning right for some cars. But, because I've never done it, it's difficult to understand all the options.

Yes, that is the purpose of the fully customizable suspension. And if you want help getting ideas for tuning, read a gt5 tuning tips post from one of the big shops. Motor city hami has a good one for gt5 and should have a gt6 version out soon.

Same boat here. Trying to fully understand and be able to tune in a shorter time. What my belief is there are three things that really should happen first. I'm tuning for racing. I like to come into a corner as fast as possilbe with the shortest braking distance, so I add racing brakes. 2nd think I do is lower the ride height because there you are lowering your center of gravity and thereby reducing the effects of weight transfer. 3rd thing I do Work on the LSD. You have to get your wheel spin under control on acceleration and decceleration. Once done then I'll work on the Spring rate and roll bars in conjunction. What I'm learning is the two should balance each other. I'm putting together an info database of places to find specific info/ideas and synopses of that information.

Back