Suzuka new 10-lap race (menu)

• Thread starter Dess81
  • 58 comments
Russian Federation
Russian Federation
What car is better for this race?
I absolutely have no idea! I tried Super Formula, L750 VGT 2017, SRT Tamahawk VGT Gr1 and i loose 40+ sec (finishing on 5-6 position).
I tried to use Super Formula w/o pit-stop on medium tires (5-6 fuel economy), but I lost 5-6 seconds every lap.

I have all Gr1 cars, all VGT cars, but still can't win. My time so bad, that even 3rd place is like fantastic for me.

Last edited:
Try whatever car won the race if you haven't already. Also it still doesn't seem like DRS, regenerative braking and such effects pp, so use a car with that.

Try whatever car won the race if you haven't already. Also it still doesn't seem like DRS, regenerative braking and such effects pp, so use a car with that.
Cars top-3: McLaren VGT Gr1, SRT Tamahawk VGT Gr1, L750 VGT 2017.
I tried all. Mclaren VGT Gr1 seems like is not good in conners. There other 2 cars great for drive, but need pit-stop and I still lost 40 sec...

I've only done tried the daytona event out of the 3 but also struggling. Highest of 6th place in 4 attempts with 4 different cars.

A stock LM55:

IMG_20220526_200903.jpg

My go-to Gr.1 car since GT Sport. It had carried over its unwavering traction and high top end. Also good on fuel.

Went with RH tires, Fuel Map set on 1.

it seems like your difficulty was not hard. I finished twice and the first places time were 17:40 and 17:50.
My times were`18:31 and 18:34,4 (5 and 6th places)
I might have forgotten to change it.

Will try on Hard, if I saw it wasn't set there.

But hey, what works works.

All the new GR1 races are like this - I just tried 3 different cars at Sardegna (Audi R18, Toyota TS050 and Super Formula) and could only get a win out of using the SF on softs and holding on for dear life in the last couple of laps to keep the Peugeot VGT 750 behind. Why have the GR1 races and then allow made up VGTs with features that break the PP calculations in?

Both Mazdas can win it fairly comfortably. 787 and the LM55(I think maybe best car in game).

You just can’t **** up a lot. Peugeot 908 is also great, haven’t tried the others yet but I’m guessing the Group C jag will smash it too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Both Mazdas can win it fairly comfortably. 787 and the LM55(I think maybe best car in game).

You just can’t **** up a lot. Peugeot 908 is also great, haven’t tried the others yet but I’m guessing the Group C jag will smash it too.
What fuel strategy did you use? 1 pit-stop or w/o pit-stop?

I used the Toyota TS050 was EZ. Though that Suzuka race look out for the yellow and red rain that stuffs dangerous.
Did you use pit-stop or fuel economy?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was using the Bugatti VGT Gr.1 in this event. I checked afterwards but it seems i had my difficulty on easy. Forgot to set it back to hard after all that Tomahawk grinding yesterday. Not sure how the car will do on normal or hard though.

Upgraded turbo on 787B for around 930bhp but used racing hards (911 PP) to try the no stop on fuel mix 6. First try managed 5th place only.

Looks like it's gonna be challenging but it's nice that the last menu isn't easy like the rest 😁

1810207ec5a58-screenshotUrl (1).jpg

Just finished 3rd on Suzuka! (hard difficulty)
I made about 20 tries to make it!
I used LM55 VGT (not gr1 version). It's the best car I have tried. It's very fast and not bad at corners.
I was almost the first before pit-stop on the 5th lap.
My time 17:58,808 (+32 sec faster then my first attemp). I lost 18,078 to the first place. The best lap is mine - 1:43,433. I made several mistakes and 2 0.5sec penalties. I don't think that I can do 17:40 time, I should be +2sec faster every lap.

Last edited:
My first attemp on Daytona.
2nd place (hard difficulty)
15:50,770 (+3,768). Best lap 1:30,297
LM55 VGT (not gr1 version), medium tires, 1 pit-stop, w/o economy.

My first attemp on Sainte-Croix hard difficulty
2nd place 24:57,414 (+53,104)
LM55 VGT (not gr1 version), medium tires, 1 pit-stop, w/o economy.
maybe LM55 VGT is not the best choice here. BUt I don't know this race and made 100 mistakes.

I won 1,000,000cr for Menu 42. I won 1,000,000 car for menu 41, but I already have this car.

Last edited:
I just wasted all day trying to beat this race, and now I feel sick to my stomach. Had to quit before I ended up throwing something across the living room.

I knew this would be a challenge as the AI are much faster on Suzuka compared to other tracks for whatever reason. Tried three cars and got nowhere. Looks like it's another case of trying over and over until everything just happens to line up in your favor. Had a few dry races and when it finally did rain it was at that wonderful level where I had no grip but the AI were fine on slicks. So many restarts because any little bump or rub from the AI would pretty much guarantee that I'd be off track and my car kept getting random attacks of undiluted understeer.

I had one race where I thought I had it. I pitted just as it started pouring to throw on wet tires hoping that I could take advantage of 3 or 4 wet laps. I managed to close the time I lost with the stop, but as soon as I got within 12 seconds the leaders suddenly started to pull away again, even though the track water level was still above the first line and they were on slicks. They never pitted and two laps of wet was all I got, with the AI cheating on the second.

Screw this game. I should have just played FFXIV today. I hate blowing away so much time with no apparent progress to show for it.

I only did the Daytona race using the Super Formula with a slightly detuned engine and Racing Hards, the XJR-9 was giving me a decent challenge until it pitted and I just did the last 2 laps in 6th gear to save fuel as it was running out quicker at the higher RPMs. Was not exactly easy but far from hard, I have yet to try Suzuka and St Croix.

I just wasted all day trying to beat this race, and now I feel sick to my stomach. Had to quit before I ended up throwing something across the living room.

I knew this would be a challenge as the AI are much faster on Suzuka compared to other tracks for whatever reason. Tried three cars and got nowhere. Looks like it's another case of trying over and over until everything just happens to line up in your favor. Had a few dry races and when it finally did rain it was at that wonderful level where I had no grip but the AI were fine on slicks. So many restarts because any little bump or rub from the AI would pretty much guarantee that I'd be off track and my car kept getting random attacks of undiluted understeer.

I had one race where I thought I had it. I pitted just as it started pouring to throw on wet tires hoping that I could take advantage of 3 or 4 wet laps. I managed to close the time I lost with the stop, but as soon as I got within 12 seconds the leaders suddenly started to pull away again, even though the track water level was still above the first line and they were on slicks. They never pitted and two laps of wet was all I got, with the AI cheating on the second.

Screw this game. I should have just played FFXIV today. I hate blowing away so much time with no apparent progress to show for it.
I feel the same way.

They gave us a redundant race with such a narrow parameter to win.
So now we have a race whereby only a certain car can win. Whatever that is.

I have tried the new GR010 and R92CP (with a turbo fitted and it still cannot win).
Wtf is going on?!

Thanks PD for the limited scope you've offered up yet again for using certain cars.

This car collecting sure is something!

This race is completely ridiculous. I tried it a couple of times and was of by more than a minute every time. I don't even know where to start with this race. The computer is cheating so hard it's not even funny. 2 bars of rain and the leading cars are driving on slicks with no issue at all. No tire wear for AI at all. And what rain are you talking about for the AI?!

Must just be me but i thought it was easy and i'm no expert driver, i can't get in the top 10 at Maggiore for example! Porsche 962c on hards, medium turbo, fuel map 6. Pit in end of lap 7 and go on mediums, fuel map 1. This car is a handful and i used TC2 and the other driving aids but i didn't struggle for a win with a huge margin.

Won it on Porsche 919 hybrid.
Stock settings, racing hards, mid turbo.
No pit stops
Lap 1,2,3 on fm6
Lap 4,5 on fm3
Lap 6,7,8 fm1
Lap 9 switch from fm1 to fm3 about half of the lap
Lap10 fm6

On the final laps i had to drop down the fuel map because none enough

Will try lap 1,2,3 fm6; lap 4,5,6 fm3; lap 7,8,9,10 fm1 next.

Last edited:
A stock LM55:

View attachment 1154301

My go-to Gr.1 car since GT Sport. It had carried over its unwavering traction and high top end. Also good on fuel.

Went with RH tires, Fuel Map set on 1.

Thanks for the golden tip!
Got lucky too, had a full race without rain on Suzuka. Bad time, 19:22 but it was enough :)

For Daytona on Normal i used the great Peugeot Fap (enter giggle here) Fuel save on 6, hard tyres, refuel lap 5-6, easy win.
Sainte-Croix i used FT-1 VGT, sorry, can't remember pits if i did one, easy win.
Haven't tried the last one yet and only started on hard difficulty and didn't seem to have much problems with that either.
Good luck :)

It's so disgusting to race Group C with LMP and VGT cars all in the same race.

Anyway, used the Toyota TS050 in Suzuka, the Toyota GR010 in Saint Croix and the Porsche 919 for Daytona. All seem like fairly simple races even on hard.

The number 1 car always seems to be either a McLaren VGT Gr.1 or the Peugeot L750

I was having a ton of trouble with the new Prototype races -- the LM55 VGT (Grp 1) was the solution. Two of them down no problem, won very easily. That car is a beast.

Tried Suzuka, but I can't quite figure out how to deal with the weather. First try, it started raining on lap 2. So I started over, put on Intermediates, and tried again ... and of course it didn't start raining until lap 5, and then it cleared right up. Very frustrating and not even a tiny bit fun. Grinding in the Tomahawk was literally more fun than playing "guess the weather conditions" with this stupid race.

Last edited:
Won all three on hard difficulty.

Daytona was the hardest one for me, took a lot of tries with the LM55 Gr.1 before I managed it - one big issue being you get a penalty through the bus stop if you take a realistic line. Ran RM and pitted at lap 5 for fuel only - would recommend doing tyres because you'll be much faster near the end of the race. Was running 1:30's on fresh tyres but that dropped to 1:33 on really worn RM, you'll easily make the time back for changing tyres if you can run 1:30's again in the second half. I had to lift and coast before T1 and the bus stop to make it on fuel too. Car seems to have bugged brake bias too, with ABS off it'll easily lock the rears first even on -5. Seems to be some weirdness with the AI pace, one race I tried the Peugeot 908 and was about 20 seconds behind starting the last lap despite running 1:30's - would've had to run 1:28 or lower to even get close.

Sainte-Croix was really easy, won that first try by over a minute in the TS050 with a lot of mistakes. Ran RM and pitted half way, one thing to note is the pit lane is super short here so you can get away with pitting more often if you want to. AI is just as dumb around here as they were in Sport so if you know the track you'll easily pass them when they randomly brake for flat out corners.

Suzuka was also easy, again used the TS050 and won first try despite losing over 30 seconds with a weird spin and some gravel inspection. Ran RM until the end of lap 7 when it rained hard and switched to IM for the rest of the race. Unless they've changed it in the patch the conditions in the race should stay the same if you restart from the pause menu rather than back out, so once you know the conditions you should be able to sort the strategy out. Seemed to be one rabbit in the Peugeot L750R but he had to pit an extra time and didn't switch to IM.

I won Suzuka using the SF19 - chose the Honda version but i doubt it matters. Added a little downforce to bring it under the PP requirements, set it to fuelling 5 and kept a close eye on the weather. Plenty of rain but in short bursts so never needed to change to inters and fuel setting 5 meant no fuel stop. Won by 18 secs. Used a similar technique for the other two as well - Circuit de Sainte Croix made me feel travel sick 😂

Back