Suzuka new 10-lap race (menu)

• Thread starter Dess81
  • 58 comments
I used the Toyota TS050 was EZ. Though that Suzuka race look out for the yellow and red rain that stuffs dangerous.
The TS050 works well there. I won very easily with only a pit stop to switch to rain tires and top off fuel when the rain started.

I decided to save myself the headache and buy the Super Formula Honda. The race was pretty easy now that I was suddenly six seconds a lap faster than before. I was looking forward to finally having a Gr.1 event, but the ridiculous VGT cars really spoiled it for me. The field is just too random and none of the cars pair well with each other.

I used Peugeot L750R VGT, it's an absolute monster. Stock with RM with added nitrous which acted as DRS. Was pretty easy, FM1 with one stop (it rained on lap 6 for me).

Rain is random as in other events. If you have the misfortune of getting a race where it never gets wet enough for intermediate tires, the race is unwinnable if you make a pit stop, because Miyazono and Hizal won't pit. Wilk stops twice, he's there to fool you.

Formula cars should destroy the opposition. Super Formula is overkill with its DRS. But hey, at least it's not a glitch. PD's fault for not locking the event to Gr.1.

Last edited:
I used a Tomahawk with Racing Hard tires.
I drove it with FM1 but upshift at 9000 rpm to save fuel.
Except St. Croix, there was not much room for error.

Daytona: pitted at lap 6, just refueling. The gap between Bishop and me was close but I made it.
St. Croix: pitted at lap 5, just refueling. Fairly comfortable gap.
Suzuka:
1st try (raining a bit but did not affect grip): pitted at lap 5 with Heavy Wet but the road did not get wet. Perhaps no-pitter is the best strategy.
2nd try (raining heavily at lap 5-7): pitted at lap 5 with Heavy Wet. 1 second gap between Hizal and me.

I think the best car for Daytona is the Tomahawk S. It goes over 250 mph even with a handling focused tune and runs consistent 1:29 with one pit stop.
For Suzuka I was leading with the 2014 Red Bull on lap 5 when it started raining and I didn't have rain tires, to me the payout isn't worth running again when the rain is luck based, but with luck I assume the Red Bull can win.

The Super Formula was easy mode for Suzuka. I span before pitting and still won by 20s.

For Daytona and St Croix I used the Tomahawk S, which again made those races pretty easy.

In summary don't use a Gr.1 car 😅

So after trying many different cars and wasting millions, I finally decided to use the LM55 VGT Gr1 and this thing is so op lol. My fastest lap was a 1:28, I think I coulda got a 1:27 if I didnt have to save fuel. I finished 12 sec ahead of 2nd. I noticed the reason the ai is so fast cause they are cheating. They can cut the track without getting a penalty, but if you try to take the same line you get a penalty.

Last edited:
Jaguar XJR9 group C (GR1) max downforce RH one-stop.

Narrow but intense band of rain with intense patches to follow, almost everyone pitted for rain tyres, I stayed out. First wet lap, it's fine, I can keep pace. 2nd wet lap 3 cars catch quickly, seems like it won't work but 2 laps later as the dry line emerges they lose pace and the jag gets fired up on its slicks, then 2 of them pit - turns out one of them was already on slicks, but kept pace with the inter runners - weird glitch? They pitted for fuel next lap after I overtook them on-track anyway, so won by a long way in the end.

Slightly heavier rain I'd have been in the wall, I did spin 360° but kept it fully in bounds and carried on even more carefully.

In summary, play it to the weather conditions.

I'm a bit puzzled by this one. I got into the lead just before my pit stop on lap 5 and changed to IM tyres a lap or so before the rain started, when I came out, I was 4th. The cars in front got away from me a bit but then I expected to make it back up as they'd be on slicks. None of the cars in front pitted and they all kept up their pace in the wet, as if the AI can use slicks in the wet. Anyone else had anything odd like this?

I'm a bit puzzled by this one. I got into the lead just before my pit stop on lap 5 and changed to IM tyres a lap or so before the rain started, when I came out, I was 4th. The cars in front got away from me a bit but then I expected to make it back up as they'd be on slicks. None of the cars in front pitted and they all kept up their pace in the wet, as if the AI can use slicks in the wet. Anyone else had anything odd like this?
Yup, this is basically the consensus here. The AI is driving on slicks in the rain like it's completely dry. Not sure if it's a glitch or if it's done on purpose to increase the difficulty but it's definitely happening to everyone.

Have to ask: on hard difficulty?

After reading all of these complaints about the race being too hard, or only certain cars being viable, I was going to ask the same thing.

I've completed all of the GR1 Prototype races in the Audi R18, comfortably on normal settings. If people are complaining that a challenge is hard on hard settings... Then yeah, it's supposed to be hard because they've decided to do it on hard.

What car is better for this race?
I absolutely have no idea! I tried Super Formula, L750 VGT 2017, SRT Tamahawk VGT Gr1 and i loose 40+ sec (finishing on 5-6 position).
I tried to use Super Formula w/o pit-stop on medium tires (5-6 fuel economy), but I lost 5-6 seconds every lap.

I have all Gr1 cars, all VGT cars, but still can't win. My time so bad, that even 3rd place is like fantastic for me.
Every Gr1 car is good, I used Audi R8 and need 1 pitstop. You have to be carefully with meteo, buy the IM tyres beacuse with strong rain you need it. During the event I drove without problems till lap 7, then start rain really strong and i changed tyres. I won with 7-8 seconds advantage.

About rainy Suzuka:

MAZDA LM55 VGT (Gr.1)
Vs.
MAZDA LM55 VGT (no Gr.)
Vs.
SF19 Super Formula ?

Last edited:
I beat all three races on hard with the Mazda 787b with a economy 6 map. The Susuka race is easily winnable if it rains after 6 laps. All the AI pits , If you can Start with Racing soft and then swap to Intermediate tires the lap it starts raining . On the pit DO NOT RE FULE . You can win on A 5- 6 map with a lap to spare

Hyundai VGT is good for the first 2 races, couldn’t win Suzuka with it. It’s all so easy wins detuned for the VGT menu. For Suzuka I used SF19 on RH FM1 only fuel after 6 laps probably more if you switch fuel map. But the first guy is fast.

Last edited:
Oh nice. I just got the Peugeot 750 VGT from my 6* Ticket for winning Cafe Menu .39 (WTC800).

Didn't have a Gr.1 car up til this point so that fits perfectly with my plan for progressing without buying for the moment.

Need to do Menu 40 and 41 beforehand!

I had two runs with the R92CP and no rain just now, it's impossible to win if it doesn't rain. P1-P3 are almost uncatchable, especially as P2 and P3 don't stop and P1 just shoots away on softs after his start at Degner I :banghead:

The LM55 Gr1 Mazda is completely OP for all of the races ... I couldn't believe how economic it was on fuel whilst also having GOD tier grip and stability.

Ran it with the medium RPM turbo with a slight power reduction to be at 949.xx PP , RM default tyres then switch to Inters end of Lap 5 when rain rolls in.

On hard difficulty I won by approx. 40 seconds by the end.

I had two runs with the R92CP and no rain just now, it's impossible to win if it doesn't rain. P1-P3 are almost uncatchable, especially as P2 and P3 don't stop and P1 just shoots away on softs after his start at Degner I :banghead:
I've had so many tries using stock real world Gr1 cars. The top 3 (all VGTs) just disappear lol.

I may just have to bite the bullet and go with the Mazda LM55 tonight (I don't own it so I'll have to buy it grrrrr lol). I do wish PD had locked this event to GR1 (and NO VGTs). I also don't like modding high end race cars with turbos and definitely not nitros lol.

What car is better for this race?
I absolutely have no idea! I tried Super Formula, L750 VGT 2017, SRT Tamahawk VGT Gr1 and i loose 40+ sec (finishing on 5-6 position).
I tried to use Super Formula w/o pit-stop on medium tires (5-6 fuel economy), but I lost 5-6 seconds every lap.

I have all Gr1 cars, all VGT cars, but still can't win. My time so bad, that even 3rd place is like fantastic for me.
Thought I replied to this thread. Unless it was a different one. I used the Red Bull Competition 2019. Switched to RH tyres and played with Fuel 4 and Fuel 6. Won my first try.
The lead L750 pit twice, leaving the McLaren as the leader, four seconds ahead. I ran it down over one lap .

I did spend the 3 million on the #7 GR010(plus another 3 million for the #8), bought the turbo and fitted RH to win at Daytona and St. Croix.

Used my LM55 for this one, on hard settings. Struggled at first, only managing 3rd/2nd, as kept losing too much time when the rain came. But worked out that the rain comes around 60% through the race, so had my car on Hard tyres and Leanest fuel mix, quick stop as soon as the rain starts, on to Inters, won by 15 secs. My LM55 is fully tuned but I restrict it down to 950, same as I restricted it to 850 for previous challenge. As a reference my pace in the dry was around 1min 45sec a lap

Back