Suzuki Swift Cup Suzuka PP550 xx.00/20/40 (hoorah! its back!)

• Thread starter Ardius
  • 595 comments
United Kingdom
Manchester
Ardius_
Suzuki Swift Cup
Sponsored by The Lion's Den - Enter If You Dare

car_photo_285780_7.jpg

Currently, this is a daily cup, with a race everyday
Welcome all back to this little idea spawned by the Tuner Showdowns. In the first showdown we had a lot of fun racing the TLD and 888 Suzuki Swifts around PP500 Suzuka, so, I decided to try and organise this for us to enjoy some more Swift action!

This is being organised with the intention of just having some good fun racing and not to try and organise a competition, that will probably have to wait till we get private rooms.

Race Schedule:
Track: Suzuka PP550

Joining Times
xx.00
xx.20
xx.40

Timing - http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/
Alternatively - GTP Chat
Track maps found here.
Racing will last until we all get bored and no-one is left. You can join at any time.

Rules:
  • All participants must be racing a Suzuki Swift.
  • No restrictions on Quick Tune Setups.
  • Drive clean, and have fun!
  • VERY IMPORTANT: Treat non-GTP drivers with as much respect as anyone here. If someone gets into a duel with Cup racers, leave him be, other people want to race cleanly just as much as us. Just because they are not part of this board or in this thread does not mean it is any less irresponsible to drive dirty against them.

This Week's Tunes
You can tune the car however you like, but if you are lost with the fairies when it comes to tuning, you can use the pre-tuned cars provided by our local tuning garages:
TLD Suzuki Swift Sport Tune
Old Fart Racing Suzuki Swift Sport Tune
Blitz Hendrix Tuning Suzuki Swift Sport Tune
Garage TZT Suzuki Swift Sport Tune

(Currently under negotiations, more coming soon)

Previous Cup Tunes:
Suzuki Swift Cup (PP500 Suzuka):
TLD Suzuki Swift Sport Tune
888 Tuning Suzuki Swift Sport Tune
DC Tuning Suzuki Swift Sport Tune
L-Tune Suzuki Swift Sport Tune

Dodge Viper SRT10 Cup (PP600 Suzuka, Fuji):
TLD Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe Tune
888 Tuning Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe Tune
DC Tuning Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe Tune
L-Tune Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe Tune
RVT Dodge Viper "RVT10" SRT10 Coupe Tune

Ford GT LM Cup (PP750 Suzuka):
TLD Ford GT LM Tune
888 Tuning Ford GT LM Tune
DC Tuning Ford GT LM Tune

BMW Z4 Cup (PP500 London):
TLD BMW Z4 Tune
888 Tuning BMW Z4 Tune
L-Tune BMW Z4 Tune

Dodge Viper/Tuned Cup (PP750 Suzuka):
TLD Viper/Tuned Tune
888 Tuning Viper/Tuned Tune
DC Viper/Tuned (standard) Tune
DC Viper/Tuned 6-speed and 5-speed special tunes
DC Viper/Tuned Brand new Alternate Tune

Feedback is much appreciated.

Last edited:
Race Schedule:
At the moment, I'm unsure whether to organise a specific time and day or to just give an arranged time slot where we try to get our races in. At the moment Im thinking:
First Week (starting today, 19/5/08): Suzuka PP500
Every day, starting at (for example) 7.00pm English time onwards will be the time when we all start trying race each other.
Feedback is much appreciated.

Perhaps give a few time slots so people can try to 'join' the race.
e.g. 7:00 7:20 7:40 8:00 etc?
This might make it a bit easier....

Edit: There's another reason for that.... if I accidentally join a Swift race but happen to be in different car under GTP_AMG I'll get .... (again).....:nervous:

AMG.

Edit: There's another reason for that.... if I accidentally join a Swift race but happen to be in different car under GTP_AMG I'll get .... (again).....:nervous:

Dont worry, this is not a serious competition, just a simple organising of racers. Its too random to make strict time schedules on GT5P Online, so I fully expect other people to accidentally join.
In fact, anyone who happens upon any of our races in another car, feel free to try and beat us! :sly:

I will try my best to make an appearence. I have my AS exams to revise for (exam tommorow) but I should be able to join the event later on 👍

Never driven the swift before so it will be my first time tonight.

After conversing with a few people, Id just like to point out:

I do want to do a proper competition with points and that at some point, however, GT5P Online is not reliable enough to do it very well.
Im thinking of doing different tracks each week too (except Daytona...be very boring PP500).

For now, Im just trying to get it organised and have people running daily. Then I may try and start a weekly race which has points standings (maybe even team standings!). We shall see.

Uh oh, I suppose this is different to kosketi's thread he just made. Put TLD down as a sponsor of the event. Did you copy, or did kosketi copy each other's opening statements? I don't really care, but you know. Hopefully Dutch Customs and L-Tuning will contribute their own setups too.

Uh oh, I suppose this is different to kosketi's thread he just made. Put TLD down as a sponsor of the event. Did you copy, or did kosketi copy each other's opening statements? I don't really care, but you know. Hopefully Dutch Customs and L-Tuning will contribute their own setups too.

I think I had the copyright for those... But feel free to use it, Ardius :)!

No really, TLD's Swift will probably be common place in these races, so I (The Lion's Den)would like to sponsor the event.

I'll race some on the weekend maybe, if I get time.................................why the hell am I still awake?!:irked: I hate getting up in the morning.:grumpy:

I think I had the copyright for those... But feel free to use it, Ardius :)!

I did ask :guilty:Ill get rid of them, so the threads dont look so similar.

Cheers Holden, sponsorships eh? Things are getting interesting.

I'll give this a go:) After the organised races on saturday night though, surely a points system of any kind would need to be put on hold until private lobbies are introduced.

I did ask :guilty:Ill get rid of them, so the threads dont look so similar.

Cheers Holden, sponsorships eh? Things are getting interesting.

Sorry for not answering that question on PM... had bigger issues on mind :) Didn´t look your thread before posting... but I don´t think it would have mattered if the threads looked similar in that way.

Looking forward to some Swift action!!!!

-Timppaq

I'll give this a go:) After the organised races on saturday night though, surely a points system of any kind would need to be put on hold until private lobbies are introduced.

Yeah, thats what I originally thought, but I'm worried whether these races would continue to be interesting enough without some kind of challenge to it.
Anyway, its not set in stone just yet, for now this is just organising some fun racing.

Anyone have any thoughts to what time the races should be? Or should I just leave it at 7.00pm english time every day?

I may give this a go, Ardius. 👍

I like your presentation layout for this event. It may need spacing out just a little bit more, but it's still a good example of how OLR events should be presented. 👍👍

I may give this a go, Ardius. 👍

I like your presentation layout for this event. It may need spacing out just a little bit more, but it's still a good example of how OLR events should be presented. 👍👍

:cheers:

For me the fun is in having as many GTxxx members present in a race as possible. Personally I don't care much for a point system. Do recommend a switch of cars though for next week. I will try to 'be there' as much as I can. I prefer the lower class ppoint races anyway.
Just as long as Sphinx isnt in my rearview mirror at Degner I should be reasonably fine.:)

Don't overengineer this thing, let it run its course and then collect feedback.

AMG.

Just giving everyone the heads up that I will be uploading the L-Tune suzuki swift setup in an hour. Check my shop out in the car setup and tuning section.

Just giving everyone the heads up that I will be uploading the L-Tune suzuki swift setup in an hour. Check my shop out in the car setup and tuning section.

Thanks. 👍

Having never raced in a 500pp before, can anyone give me an idea what a good Swift 'Free Run' lap time is please?

Hmm. After 6 laps using the TLD Suzuki Swift Sport Tune:

2'27.932 :confused:

You guys aren't attempting to sandbag me are you. :sly:

I could run this as a sort of extension to the tuner showdowns, so we would use the cars from the last showdown but without the time restriction. So, we change the cars being run everytime a new tuner showdown happens.
Last week we had a couple of practice race sessions for it anyway, so this could be just like that except for everyone and for longer periods of time.

Cool, ill link to it to the first page.

Back