Swapping Thrustmaster wheels in game?

Hmm, interesting. Might be worth testing.
have you tried??.....

my idea is good? šŸ¤”šŸ¤”

it's the way I use it when I want to switch from the steering wheel to the joystick to make liveries, for example....

so normally, when it's the joystick that's connected, I can do what I want on the steering wheel....like change the wheel......
because that's what you want to do.....

have you tried??.....

my idea is good? šŸ¤”šŸ¤”

it's the way I use it when I want to switch from the steering wheel to the joystick to make liveries, for example....

so normally, when it's the joystick that's connected, I can do what I want on the steering wheel....like change the wheel......
because that's what you want to do.....
Haven't got round to it yet but it might indeed be what I am looking for. Will let you know when I do.

PC has more sims. Period. And let's not get into the debate that GT7 isn't a sim šŸ˜‚. You can get ACC on PS5 though. If getting the T-GTII base then get the T-GTII wheel also would be my advice. Make sure to shop around unless money isn't an issue, I managed to get the wheel and base combo for Ā£500.
Haha, I do consider GT7 a Sim, aside from the fact I can't do a proper burnout and can rarely save a car that gets even the slightest bit sideways even at low speeds and I've driven nothing but hotrodded Foxbody 5.0 since I was 16 and only crashed once because of a brake failure, lol. (I should probably be dead but with a little bit of skill and a lot of luck of managed to make some ridiculous saves over those 20 something years, haha.

Cool, I'll take your advice on the wheel. Money isn't a major concern but still, why spend more than you have to right. I'm Canadian so your 500 would be around 900 here I think.

PC games are neat, and have some cool options, like triple screens and wheels that consoles wonā€™t work with. But in the end, I gave up iRacing to come back to GT personally, it was ā€œtoo realisticā€ for me, by is the happy middle ground. PC games have so many options and settings, that I felt like I spend more time navigating menus and reading/learning, than I ever did actually on track. iRacing has some cool features though, like in race driver swaps, and full 6-24h endurance races. Which is pretty cool.
Yeah it's the wheel settings thing that makes PC sound alot better but I guess if you're spending all your time adjusting that **** it would get pretty tedious.

I mainly want to try Iracing for the stockcars, the console games are fun at first but then get way to easy once you figure it out, you actually have to start handicapping yourself and making the races longer and longer for it to be a challenge. The Dirt racing seems pretty cool too but the collaboration with the World of Outlaws on PS5 is a great game.

while in game can I swap my TM wheels while it is on?
While the game is on, yes, but do turn the wheel base off while changing the rim.

And then you'll have to change button assignments in the configuration screen.

Every time.

It's not possible to save different wheel configurations like it is on PC, where you simply load the proper configuration file.
Yeah it's the wheel settings thing that makes PC sound alot better but I guess if you're spending all your time adjusting that **** it would get pretty tedious.
It's a one-time set and forget situation for me, personally. I consider the ability to change settings a strength instead of a weakness - it's not something you have to fiddle with at all if you don't want to. On Playstation there are virtually no settings to change - just look at the PSVR2 users having to do peculiar and contortionist-like postures at race starts, simply to get a comfortable viewpoint in their VR goggles.

And to @Pigems's point about excessive menu diving on PC, I've never played a game where it takes as many button clicks as in GT7 to change the simplest of settings, like what car you're hot-lapping (what is it, ten button clicks before you're back at the car selection screen on GT7?)

Last edited:
While the game is on, yes, but do turn the wheel base off while changing the rim.

Every time.
Thanks for clarification. As there is no on/off button on my base it means shutting the game down first. However, someone else suggested I unassign the wheel, then swap the wheels. Not sure why the button assignments would need changed. Each wheel is mapped.

Every time.

It's not possible to save different wheel configurations like it is on PC, where you simply load the proper configuration file.

It's a one-time set and forget situation for me, personally. I consider the ability to change settings a strength instead of a weakness - it's not something you have to fiddle with at all if you don't want to. On Playstation there are virtually no settings to change - just look at the PSVR2 users having to do peculiar and contortionist-like postures at race starts, simply to get a comfortable viewpoint in their VR goggles.

And to @Pigems's point about excessive menu diving on PC, I've never played a game where it takes as many button clicks as in GT7 to change the simplest of settings, like what car you're hot-lapping (what is it, ten button clicks before you're back at the car selection screen on GT7?)
I was mostly referring to iRacing, and coming from always being a console player since GT1, PC was a huge difference for me. Youā€™d have iRacing running, then CrewChief, the custom HUD app, telemetry app, and oculus app, all running in the background(plus any streaming software), after updating and messing with settings almost every time you boot up. Then you need to subscribe to a setup site, if you want to have a chance at being competitive on track. Then there are all the in game settings, and track/race variable you have to learn and whatnot. It just wasnā€™t for me, I like GTā€™s simplicity, and the little gamey features. iRacing is super cool, and realistic, especially in VR, itā€™s just a bit ā€œtoo muchā€ for me is all.

Triple/Quad screens are wicked though, Iā€™ll give PC that one all day.

0BAD2F8D-C82B-4720-855C-F92000E7F142.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally heard from Thrustmaster and it's a no for hot swapping wheels. Ok, well, at least I know now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-01-29-12-45-42-42_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-29-12-45-42-42_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 3
Back