Syntax's Gallery - Updated 09/08/2011 some boring couples shots... no cars here :(

(...) I faked it in photoshop. I created multiple exposures of the image in lightroom and then spent a bit of time painstakingly cutting/pasting layers to get the desired effect.

HA! :sly:

Glad to see I'm not the only one going that route to get the photo that way it was envisioned.

Although sometimes (depending on the shot) I just use the brush tool in Lightroom, as it does a very decent job in RAW files, and the auto masking function is an awesome time saver. 👍

I've missed your shots so much! Love these shots, they have such a unique style about them. Your a brave man doing wedding photography too, I personally found it one the most stressful days of my life - but each to their own I suppose! I hope to see more within the next couple of months...

Yeah, there is a massive amount of stress to ensure you deliver great shots. The window to get it right is so small and there is no chance for a second attempt. I think it probably helps that I'm fairly relaxed person to begin with. Drives my wife insane sometimes as I just tend to roll with the punches and not get to worked up about the little hiccups in life. haha

Great shots. 👍 Like the beach one.

Thanks mate :cheers:

HA! :sly:

Glad to see I'm not the only one going that route to get the photo that way it was envisioned.

Although sometimes (depending on the shot) I just use the brush tool in Lightroom, as it does a very decent job in RAW files, and the auto masking function is an awesome time saver. 👍

The way I see it, if the tools are there, why not use them. Back when I shot film and developed them myself, I experimented with all sorts of dark room techniques to get interesting results. Including things like dodging & burning with the use of my hand to create fake storm clouds that did not exist in the original photo and I even played around a little with airbrushing. No different really, except I can do it from the comfort of my couch now.

Nice stuff, I should try something other than cars:P I could take a few hints from you:P

Thanks mate. Happy to give advise etc, although the only really good advice I can give is read lots of tutorials and experiment like crazy.

Back