T-lcm accelerator sticking at 100%

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi all I’m new to sim racing and have recently purchased a thrustmaster t-gt 2 and t-lcm pedals on ps5, I updated all firmware etc and after 2 weeks I’m now getting the accelerator pedal sticking randomly at 100% on gt sport . The only remedy is to disconnect and reconnect pedals or connect laptop and reset calibration to factory , it all works again for a while then same issue, could be 10 mins or 2 hours . Sooo annoying. I have contacted thrustmaster with no reply. Any ideas ?? I see a lot of people talking about it but no fixes. Thanks in advance

United States
FL, USA, Earth, Sol, Local Bubble, Milky Way
TeamACRZARacingo
GyroxOpex
Have you tried plugging your wheel into your PC and updating the firmware?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Tried running through the calibration wizard in Windows?
Is that the thrustmaster calibration tool? If so when I connect to it and reset to factory settings the pedals work again, then play a few races and the accelerator sticks again, reconnect to calibration reset to factory settings all works again.

It can be an Electrostatic discharge (ESD/EMI) issue with your cockpit rig: https://transforming-technologies.com/esd-problem-solving/
It can happen with all metal pedal sets (not only the T-LCM).
Grounding your cockpit can avoid this.

Remarks about ESD: Carpets, socks (instead of shoes), cockpits in wood material or cockpits on casters can get ESD worse. Also the temperature of the room or the garments worn can have some incidences.

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
It can be an Electrostatic discharge (ESD/EMI) issue with your cockpit rig: https://transforming-technologies.com/esd-problem-solving/
It can happen with all metal pedal sets (not only the T-LCM).
Grounding your cockpit can avoid this.

Remarks about ESD: Carpets, socks (instead of shoes), cockpits in wood material or cockpits on casters can get ESD worse. Also the temperature of the room or the garments worn can have some incidences.
I have seen reports of this but how comes all has been fine for 3 weeks now it’s cutting out each night? I have a tower fan running in the room my rig is set up in which keeps it cool, it blows over the rear of the wheel base/pedals and cockpit. Which I have had running each time I’ve played since set up . The only other thing I’ve added is surround sound on to the rig would that cause any interference??

Denmark
Denmark
There's a grounding pin that's meant to touch the lower part of the pedal lever axis (as seen here) to keep the pedal from building up a static electric charge. If that isn't firmly in contact, that could lead to bad readings. I suggest you wait for Thrustmaster to get back to you (that might take a couple of days) before trying to fix it yourself (I can't remember if there are any warranty stickers on the base.)

Last edited:
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
There's a grounding pin that's meant to touch the lower part of the pedal lever axis (as seen here) to keep the pedal from building up a static electric charge. If that isn't firmly in contact, that could lead to bad readings. I suggest you wait for Thrustmaster to get back to you (that might take a couple of days) before trying to fix it yourself (I can't remember if there are any warranty stickers on the base.)
Thanks for the info, thrustmaster have come back to me and said I need to ground the rig and pedals as it’s building up static . I have bought some wire and connectors and will try this out over the weekend . If it works I’ll make a post on it for members as I couldn’t really find much about it .

Poland
Poland
Thanks for the info, thrustmaster have come back to me and said I need to ground the rig and pedals as it’s building up static . I have bought some wire and connectors and will try this out over the weekend . If it works I’ll make a post on it for members as I couldn’t really find much about it .
Hi can I ask how it went what did you do exactly and is the problem resolved. I have the same problem.

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi can I ask how it went what did you do exactly and is the problem resolved. I have the same problem.
Hi yes I grounded my rig and have no issues at all since.
so I purchased a 6 terminal bus bar and an earthing plug from Amazon, (I’ll leave links at bottom of it allows me) then used 14/0.30mm strand wire (so not huge at all) and crimped ring terminals on the ends. Then I ran the lengths of wire from one of the fixing bolts on the wheel base, 2 wired from the pedal fixing bolts, I also rubbed of the paint of a small section of the aluminium rig and clamped one wire on there. Then run them all to the terminal bus bar. Then run a length of wire to the earth plug and plugged in wall. Hope this
helps.
I’ve had no issues whatsoever since and I’m running my rig in carpet which I’m told you cannot . Any questions drop me a message, happy to help 👍

ULTECHNOVO 6 Terminal Bus Bar 150A Bus Bar Block Cover Ground Distribution Terminal Block Heat Shrink Ring Terminals for Car Boat Marine Caravan RV (Assorted)
ELIMISTAT® Anti-Static ESD Grounding Plug UK - 1 x 10mm stud, 2 x M5 Post Connections

Attachments

• C4BE280B-71FA-4BC9-A489-645EC0C22C7C.jpeg
    C4BE280B-71FA-4BC9-A489-645EC0C22C7C.jpeg
    75.7 KB · Views: 27
  • C40381E0-1C27-4E80-BADA-A0E6DB5BEEB8.jpeg
    C40381E0-1C27-4E80-BADA-A0E6DB5BEEB8.jpeg
    88.7 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 29
Poland
Poland
Hi yes I grounded my rig and have no issues at all since.
so I purchased a 6 terminal bus bar and an earthing plug from Amazon, (I’ll leave links at bottom of it allows me) then used 14/0.30mm strand wire (so not huge at all) and crimped ring terminals on the ends. Then I ran the lengths of wire from one of the fixing bolts on the wheel base, 2 wired from the pedal fixing bolts, I also rubbed of the paint of a small section of the aluminium rig and clamped one wire on there. Then run them all to the terminal bus bar. Then run a length of wire to the earth plug and plugged in wall. Hope this
helps.
I’ve had no issues whatsoever since and I’m running my rig in carpet which I’m told you cannot . Any questions drop me a message, happy to help 👍
Thank you for fast response and all the info. My problem is a bit different, bc my "rig" is made of wood, so I cannot ground it :) but I want to ask if you did something to the gas pedal, did you maybe ground the pedal itself or used the shielding stiff wires to do it? Do you think it is a good solution in my case?
I found a lot of light gray grease on the pedal just in the spot where the 2 stiff shielding wires were touching the pedal and cleaned it. Don't know if it fixed the problem yet - need to test more.

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Thank you for fast response and all the info. My problem is a bit different, bc my "rig" is made of wood, so I cannot ground it :) but I want to ask if you did something to the gas pedal, did you maybe ground the pedal itself or used the shielding stiff wires to do it? Do you think it is a good solution in my case?
I found a lot of light gray grease on the pedal just in the spot where the 2 stiff shielding wires were touching the pedal and cleaned it. Don't know if it fixed the problem yet - need to test more.
No probs, I have read that wood rigs cause a lot more static, but cannot confirm as not used a wooden rig, It would still be worth running the wiring to a bus bar and grounding with earth plug. Gotta be worth a try for a little cost 👍

Last edited: