T150 Thread

• Thread starter Renrag39
  • 51 comments
United Kingdom
Caister-on-Sea
Renrag39
Just got one and struggling to adapt from DS4.
Currently running 7-1-7 in the settings and am now considering adjusting rotation modes for each race as I can't catch oversteer on N cars at all. Seems to be set to 1080 or 900 and there's no chance for me to attempt going full to full to try and countersteer even a small slide.
Will try going mode 3 across the board (Gr. 3 standard?) for now.

Any tips and hints welcome. Obviously practice is the most important but I'll take that as a given!

Thanks.

This is one of the the worst racing games for steering wheels because to change the steering angle you have to change mode for every qualifying and every race which after about 100 times you do this you start getting fed up or forget to do it and your race is messed up..on all over racing games you can set up the steering angle but for some reason all they are bothered about is making the use of controllers better with each update

7 for torque seems really high it must feel like you're driving an F1 car. The controller sensitivity doesn't affect the wheel as far as I know. I run 1 sensitivity and 2 or 3 torque depending on the car. I believe the stock rotation is 1080 and I change it when I remember to 900, it resets every race which is a pain. Hope this helps.

This is one of the the worst racing games for steering wheels because to change the steering angle you have to change mode for every qualifying and every race which after about 100 times you do this you start getting fed up or forget to do it and your race is messed up..on all over racing games you can set up the steering angle but for some reason all they are bothered about is making the use of controllers better with each update
Yes. Unfortunately GTS resets the steering angle/wheel lock to 1080 for pretty much every car every time you enter the track. Horrible design as I prefer 540. Smaller movement and easier to counter steer.

Mode 3 seems to work well so far. Better chance of catching the twitches but not so sensitive as to be a handful.

Mode 1 feels good for purposeful drifting but nowhere near as good as with a DS4 yet.

Yep, mode 3 seems to my happy place.
Only judging on a few mission challenges I did today though. I'm doing quite well in respect to my peers on the rankings tables.
Will attempt 6-8 tonight or tomorrow and see how well I do with consistency over 30 laps.

Yep, mode 3 seems to my happy place.
Only judging on a few mission challenges I did today though. I'm doing quite well in respect to my peers on the rankings tables.
Will attempt 6-8 tonight or tomorrow and see how well I do with consistency over 30 laps.

I've just got mine. Only spent a few hours with it so far. Felt very alien to begin with. Mode 3 is the one for me to :)

My FFB settings are 2 Torque (1 made the wheel feel loose/sloppy to me) and 6 Sens.

I'm just running Gr4 sport qually laps to build some muscle memory.

I got my T150 a few days after PC2 dropped. I didn't use it much as I didnt play PC2 much due to its bugs. I began using my wheel every day when I picked GT Sport up a week after its release. About a month later my throttle spring broke. What cheap pedals, so frustrated. Still waiting on Thrustmaster to send me a replacement spring... Furious.

Loved my wheel when it worked, and looking forward to getting back to it.

I got my T150 a few days after PC2 dropped. I didn't use it much as I didnt play PC2 much due to its bugs. I began using my wheel every day when I picked GT Sport up a week after its release. About a month later my throttle spring broke. What cheap pedals, so frustrated. Still waiting on Thrustmaster to send me a replacement spring... Furious.

Loved my wheel when it worked, and looking forward to getting back to it.

Sucks man, the pedals are indeed cheap, mine are still holding up well. The force feedback is decent for a budget wheel, provides lots of fun. Wheel is quiet and mostly smooth too. The only issue besides the pedals is that the rim is a bit too thin and cheap feeling. The rubber gives it a good wheel but eventually gonna need a thick rim and better pedals.

Mine has a kinda crackly hum... best I can describe it.

Yes, kinda like vibration against the casing. It doesn't do it when it's first switched on, but starts after about 5-10 minutes even with no use (but it doesn't sound like a fan to me). It also varies depending on how tight, or what position the desk mount is in.

I may just contact them about it. Thanks for the reply :)

To be honest...to me it never felt like 1080 deg. rotation. Think I should check...

And indeed the stock pedals are awful. I can't stress enough what an improvement the T3PAs give. Try to get a set on ebay or something. 60 to 70 bucks should do. And remember: those cheap pedals are sold even with the T300 wheel. Wonder what they were thinking...

So I did some testing with the Swift Sport since I actually own it's descendant.

True is: the game sets the wheel to 1080 deg. And changing this WILL become obsolete by the next time you hit the track.

But: while driving in cockpit camera you'll notice that the car's steeringwheel will perfectly match your motion at your racing wheel. In 900 deg mode it won't.
And I think we all know that practically every road car in real life features a 900 deg setup unless it has a built in hard lock due to oversized wheels. So: everything cool on this side.

Furthermore: driving the Swift in 900 deg mode definately feels wrong. It is way to twitchy and ovrer responsive compared to the real car. Indeed I have a feeling that you might drive faster but...wrong is wrong IMO.

My conclusion is, that GTS uses the full rotation of the T150 but somehow scales it down to match a 900 deg car setup. An okayish way but somehow I can't get rid of the feeling that a proper support of the wheel might come out at more sophisticated Force Feedback.

So I did some testing with the Swift Sport since I actually own it's descendant.

True is: the game sets the wheel to 1080 deg. And changing this WILL become obsolete by the next time you hit the track.

But: while driving in cockpit camera you'll notice that the car's steeringwheel will perfectly match your motion at your racing wheel. In 900 deg mode it won't.
And I think we all know that practically every road car in real life features a 900 deg setup unless it has a built in hard lock due to oversized wheels. So: everything cool on this side.

Furthermore: driving the Swift in 900 deg mode definately feels wrong. It is way to twitchy and ovrer responsive compared to the real car. Indeed I have a feeling that you might drive faster but...wrong is wrong IMO.

My conclusion is, that GTS uses the full rotation of the T150 but somehow scales it down to match a 900 deg car setup. An okayish way but somehow I can't get rid of the feeling that a proper support of the wheel might come out at more sophisticated Force Feedback.
Like I've said before the worst driving game for steering wheels even dirt 4 dose a better job..a racing driver speaks to his team and asks them to set up the steering angle he wants set to drive with..this isn't sim racing it's simcade if you can drive faster and better with a controller

T150 Pro which has the T3PA pedals is the way to go. Still cheaper than most wheels and the pedals are good.
YES!!! I got a T150 Pro set up, and my stand is on the truck for delivery as we speak! SO PLEASE by all means keep feeding the info as I for one will definitely be needing it later on today :bowdown:.

Let the practice, practice, practice begin! Don't worry guys I'll make sure that I start from the rear next week IF I feel I'm clean, and consistent enough to run with you all :nervous:. See you all on the track!:gtpflag:

DSC_0669.JPG

Here another with the T150!

I started with this wheel a year and half ago and very happy with it.
Just upgraded from the twin pedals to the T3PA pedals and it makes a huge difference!

So i recomend that those who want a T150 goes directly to a T150 Pro.

I play in mode 4 (900 degrees) and my FFB / wheel settings are in my signature..

GT Sport isn't the best game in terms off FFB, PCars 2 and assetto offers a a quite better FFB... Well, assetto is just the game with best FFB on PS4 really.

But at least in GT Sport its more or less enjoyable experience.

Hey guys, is there a thread available for strictly FFB? I'd like to get a better understanding of what each setting affects. That way I'll have some idea of what you all are referring to when I choose which settings compliment my skill level and playing style. Any references/feedback is greatly appreciated.

We can talk about it here.
I've been fiddling and managed mission 6-8 in 1hr 3m with settings 1 max torque and 2 sensitivity. Set on mode 3 for me.
Fiddle, with discretion and find what works for you and post it up.

20180103_182454.jpg

T150 Pro with GT Art racing stand! Ready for practice, practice, practice. 1st things 1st, gotta figure out the FFB thing now. I'll follow up later with my results.

Qyn
View attachment 703731

T150 Pro with GT Art racing stand! Ready for practice, practice, practice. 1st things 1st, gotta figure out the FFB thing now. I'll follow up later with my results.
Rock‘n Roll mate now the party can begin 👍 I have the same Wheel since 2 months. I have set FFB Torque to 4 and FFB Sensitivity to 9.

Rock‘n Roll mate now the party can begin 👍 I have the same Wheel since 2 months. I have set FFB Torque to 4 and FFB Sensitivity to 9.
Ok Piro I've come to the conclusion (and am man enough to admit) I have no idea what I'm doing lol. I've tried multiple settings and have absolutely no clue what I'm looking for :lol:. So I'm gonna give FFB 4, and sensitivity 9 a try. What about the 3rd setting?

And for the record....To EVERYONE that I've ever raced against with my DS4 against your wheel....YOU GUYS ARE FREAKIN' ROCK STARS!!! :bowdown:

This 🤬 is really hard to do :lol:

We can talk about it here.
I've been fiddling and managed mission 6-8 in 1hr 3m with settings 1 max torque and 2 sensitivity. Set on mode 3 for me.
Fiddle, with discretion and find what works for you and post it up.
Will do.

Qyn
Ok Piro I've come to the conclusion (and am man enough to admit) I have no idea what I'm doing lol. I've tried multiple settings and have absolutely no clue what I'm looking for :lol:. So I'm gonna give FFB 4, and sensitivity 9 a try. What about the 3rd setting?
You have 3 sliders in total. The first one only! affects Controller users, so forget about that it won’t make any difference when using a Wheel. The second one is the FFB strength in General which will affect how much of your Male muscles you need to actually turn the Wheel. And the third slider is FFB Sensitivity. It’s hard to actually say what it does although i get the best results when setting it to 9. It kind of gives me the best feeling when turning the Wheel. The Car and the road surface seem to feel more detailed.

Back