T150 Thread

• Thread starter Renrag39
  • 51 comments
When setting up your FFB you need to be sure youre FFB isnt clipping. FFB clipping is when your wheel reaches max torque before the game signal reaches full force. Not sure how much torque a t150 delivers but i guess it is somewhere between 1-3 Nm, lets say 2 Nm for example. If your wheel can deliver a maximum of 2 Nm of torque you need to set up your FFB so that it only reaches that 2 Nm at the most stressfull moments, like when you hit a curb hard or go trough a very fast corner. If you dont and set FFB to strong your wheel reaches max torque to fast and you loose any FFB fidelity in the upper ranges, i.e. you then cant feel the difference between 80% ffb power and 100% FFB power coming off the game because your wheel is already at 100% torque at 80% FFB output. So you dont want to put FFB force to high, but you also dont want to set it to low. When you set it to low your wheel never reaches max torque and you are not making use of the full dynamic range of your wheel. Somewhere in the middle is that sweetspot where you can make the most of the power and dynamic range of your wheel to get the most power while maintaining the fidelity across all ranges.

Hope this makes sense, it is very important when setting up your wheel. Unfortunately GT doesnt show if your wheel is clipping or not, making it almost impossible for new wheel users to set it up correct. With some experience in setting up your wheel correct in other sims you will get a understanding of when your wheel starts clipping and how much force to use. Allot of people are running settings way to high for their wheels.

Last edited:
I like ffb at 1. Possibly because I'm recovering from a shoulder injury after a disagreement between me and my motorbike and I don't want to stress it too much for now.
GTS is for fun, not physio! :D

When setting up your FFB you need to be sure youre FFB isnt clipping. FFB clipping is when your wheel reaches max torque before the game signal reaches full force. Not sure how much torque a t150 delivers but i guess it is somewhere between 1-3 Nm, lets say 2 Nm for example. If your wheel can deliver a maximum of 2 Nm of torque you need to set up your FFB so that it only reaches that 2 Nm at the most stressfull moments, like when you hit a curb hard or go trough a very fast corner. If you dont and set FFB to strong your wheel reaches max torque to fast and you loose any FFB fidelity in the upper ranges, i.e. you then cant feel the difference between 80% ffb power and 100% FFB power coming off the game because your wheel is already at 100% torque at 80% FFB output. So you dont want to put FFB force to high, but you also dont want to set it to low. When you set it to low your wheel never reaches max torque and you are not making use of the full dynamic range of your wheel. Somewhere in the middle is that sweetspot where you can make the most of the power and dynamic range of your wheel to get the most power while maintaining the fidelity across all ranges.

Hope this makes sense, it is very important when setting up your wheel. Unfortunately GT doesnt show if your wheel is clipping or not, making it almost impossible for new wheel users to set it up correct. With some experience in setting up your wheel correct in other sims you will get a understanding of when your wheel starts clipping and how much force to use. Allot of people are running settings way to high for their wheels.
With my settings i don't receive any clipping, and if i lower to much the wheel don't even automatically autocenters in a straight..

In Project and assetto it's quite more time demanding and easy to fall into the clipping problem.

About the one here around saying that the first slider don't affect the wheel..
Yes it does.
Try it with your most used car and track combo (that is always a good idea to finetune FFB and wheel settings)
And you will see that on higher numbers of the first slider your wheel inputs are faster

Qyn
And for the record....To EVERYONE that I've ever raced against with my DS4 against your wheel....YOU GUYS ARE FREAKIN' ROCK STARS!!! :bowdown:

This 🤬 is really hard to do :lol:

I've only had my T150 2 days. Felt very alien to begin with but after a few hours it started to come together. I must have done 60+ laps the first night! I'm still fiddling with settings but found that torque at 2 and FFB sensitivity at 9 or 10 seems to be working well for me.

I dare not race in sport just yet as I am not consistent enough. Pace is creeping up there but still not feeling totally natural yet. I'm expecting it to take a few weeks to get familiar with it but I'm just going to crank out the laps until I'm comfy.

Hope you are enjoying your wheel as much as I am. Practice practice practice :)

To be honest...to me it never felt like 1080 deg. rotation. Think I should check...

And indeed the stock pedals are awful. I can't stress enough what an improvement the T3PAs give. Try to get a set on ebay or something. 60 to 70 bucks should do. And remember: those cheap pedals are sold even with the T300 wheel. Wonder what they were thinking...
I have a question for you, are the T3PA pedals larger than the standard ones? Reason I'm asking is that i recently bought a G-Force Sim Play seat but now my new Labrador Puppy has chewed through the cable from the pedals to the Wheel and it is not possible to buy the pedal set alone. My worry is that if I upgrade to the T3PA it won't fit into the play seat pedal slot. Hope you can answer my query. Thank You

I've only had my T150 2 days. Felt very alien to begin with but after a few hours it started to come together. I must have done 60+ laps the first night! I'm still fiddling with settings but found that torque at 2 and FFB sensitivity at 9 or 10 seems to be working well for me.

I dare not race in sport just yet as I am not consistent enough. Pace is creeping up there but still not feeling totally natural yet. I'm expecting it to take a few weeks to get familiar with it but I'm just going to crank out the laps until I'm comfy.

Hope you are enjoying your wheel as much as I am. Practice practice practice :)
I did the same thing last night . Ran about 50 laps then went into the lobby area and found a few competitive race for fun. I must say the wheel IS a whole new level of racing.

I have a question for you, are the T3PA pedals larger than the standard ones? Reason I'm asking is that i recently bought a G-Force Sim Play seat but now my new Labrador Puppy has chewed through the cable from the pedals to the Wheel and it is not possible to buy the pedal set alone. My worry is that if I upgrade to the T3PA it won't fit into the play seat pedal slot. Hope you can answer my query. Thank You

Here you have a visually look at the difference
But i don't think you gonna got any problems to fit the T3PA in a buyed playseat...
DSC_0666.JPG

I am doing some research and shopping for a T150, I want to go with the cheapest option but it looks like I might end up spending more if I cheap out too early (talking about the pedals lol) I am looking into the T150 pro on amazon, going for about $240 right now. As an entry wheel it looks pretty good from what I am reading on this thread along with the reviews online. Any good wheel stands you guys would recommend for under $100? my budget is pretty limited. I am typically 2 seconds slower than top 10 times with the DS4, hoping a wheel puts me in there :)

:D:D:D
I am doing some research and shopping for a T150, I want to go with the cheapest option but it looks like I might end up spending more if I cheap out too early (talking about the pedals lol) I am looking into the T150 pro on amazon, going for about $240 right now. As an entry wheel it looks pretty good from what I am reading on this thread along with the reviews online. Any good wheel stands you guys would recommend for under $100? my budget is pretty limited. I am typically 2 seconds slower than top 10 times with the DS4, hoping a wheel puts me in there :)
My „Wheel Stand“ is a Kallax Shelf for 25€ i bought at ikea :D. It’s super stable and solid. The Pedals are mounted with screws so if you are looking for a cheap solution that’s my advice to go with. I have a picture of it on my profile page.

T150 is ok I played with default settings then changed it to 2-2 both sliders left sensitivity on 0 as it doesn't seem to do anything. Default angle of rotation is ok I guess but sometimes for example on Interlagos I hate to turn the wheel so much my hands will brake.

Here is a picture for some of you who don't know and want to change angle of rotation share your experiences:)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171227-223450.png
    Screenshot_20171227-223450.png
    47.1 KB · Views: 308
Well I've completed some sport races on line and my conversion to a wheel is complete :) Consistent laps and feel competitive. I've given up with the wheel rotation setting as it resets whenever you enter the track, even at pit stops it would seem (I'm only doing 10 lappers) so I just leave it at default so the car feels consistent through the race.

Hello all,

I am playing assetto corsa and gt sport on ps4. On assetto corsa through ffb i can sense when I lose control with car and can correct it, but with gt sport I don't get any feedback at all about understeer or oversteer. Is that how its supposed to be? ffb works in gt sport but it's really bad in my opinion, atleast with t150 wheel.
my settings are ffb torque: 4 and ffb sensitivity: 2, i tried many combinations but no one works to get the detail i want. I have installed latest firmware on my wheel.
Any help is appreciated.

Hello all,

I am playing assetto corsa and gt sport on ps4. On assetto corsa through ffb i can sense when I lose control with car and can correct it, but with gt sport I don't get any feedback at all about understeer or oversteer. Is that how its supposed to be? ffb works in gt sport but it's really bad in my opinion, atleast with t150 wheel.
my settings are ffb torque: 4 and ffb sensitivity: 2, i tried many combinations but no one works to get the detail i want. I have installed latest firmware on my wheel.
Any help is appreciated.

I know what you mean and no. The FFB sucks on T-150 playing GT Sport at least. I used to play with it but now I have a T300 and it is way better.

When I was playing with the T-150, I was using 1/10.

I know what you mean and no. The FFB sucks on T-150 playing GT Sport at least. I used to play with it but now I have a T300 and it is way better.

That sucks, it is real disadvantage.
Well I hope ACC will have same ffb as AC.
Today arives playseat challenge, need only to buy t3pa pedals and i am set :)
In the future i will probably upgrade to fanatec csl elite.

The FFB sucks on T-150 playing GT Sport at least.

Probably because you were using such a low setting. 1 is far too light to feel anything and is only suitable for Tinker Bell.

I'm using 4 5 and you can feel the car going light through the wheel as you lose grip and in combination with using your eyes you can catch it and correct it. You can also feel it going light/heavy when either going down or up hill and also the difference between cars.

Last edited:
Probably because you were using such a low setting. 1 is far too light to feel anything and is only suitable for Tinker Bell.

I'm using 4 5 and you can feel the car going light through the wheel as you lose grip and in combination with using your eyes you can catch it and correct it. You can also feel it going light/heavy when either going down or up hill and also the difference between cars.
Yeah but the problem is, if I set the torque to more than 1, it clips quite a lot (e.g., I'm taking a corner and hit the kerb and the wheel won't give me any feedback because it's already maxed out by the cornering resistance), it's very weird

I don't mean to be a complete doly but I have never updated my firmware from new. Now, the Thrustmaster support site is a dead set ABORTION. Can someone, anyone, point me to the actual firmware I need to download and install for PS4? All i seem to find is various PDF and I am not sure if something labelled PC is a driver/firmware for PC or one that can be updated for PS4 VIA PC???????

Totally and completely lost, little help?

Back