T300 FFB Advice

• Thread starter JBF77
  • 48 comments
United Kingdom
London
The long awaited PCars arrived today, and I noticed how many FFB settings there were in the game. I've been trying to find a decent setting, but it doesn't feel quite right.

What settings do you find are the best in terms of feel and have a better overall experience? This is directed mainly at T300 users, as I've heard different wheels require different settings.

Thanks guys:lol:

The long awaited PCars arrived today, and I noticed how many FFB settings there were in the game. I've been trying to find a decent setting, but it doesn't feel quite right.

What settings do you find are the best in terms of feel and have a better overall experience? This is directed mainly at T300 users, as I've heard different wheels require different settings.

Thanks guys:lol:
do you mean to say you don't understand what all those settings do?!

haha only joking, i have no idea either :D

currently i'm using FFB set to 75% (i find 100% pretty brutal and stiff) and turned all the smoothing down to 0.00. don't really want to mess with other stuff until i can actually drive properly lol. if we could adjust this stuff on the fly out on the track i'd tinker a bit more.

do you mean to say you don't understand what all those settings do?!

haha only joking, i have no idea either :D

currently i'm using FFB set to 75% (i find 100% pretty brutal and stiff) and turned all the smoothing down to 0.00. don't really want to mess with other stuff until i can actually drive properly lol. if we could adjust this stuff on the fly out on the track i'd tinker a bit more.
Thanks for the quick reply! I'll try the smoothing. What about the tyre force and spindle settings?

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll try the smoothing. What about the tyre force and spindle settings?
i left tyre force at 100 then read on here that's a good thing to do anyway. everything else i haven't adjusted yet

Hi guys a tip I just read about FFB

When you calibrate the wheel, the second stage tells you to HOLD the wheel at 90 degrees and then press A. If you just position it at 90 degrees without holding it and then push A, the wheel will violently centre itself, and then you will have almost no force feedback. You Must HOLD the wheel whilst you press A and keep hold until you feel the wheel reduce its force within your grasp. Brace yourself though 'cos as soon as you push A, it wants to spin !

Hope this helps

When you calibrate the wheel, the second stage tells you to HOLD the wheel at 90 degrees and then press A. If you just position it at 90 degrees without holding it and then push A, the wheel will violently centre itself, and then you will have almost no force feedback. You Must HOLD the wheel whilst you press A and keep hold until you feel the wheel reduce its force within your grasp. Brace yourself though 'cos as soon as you push A, it wants to spin !

Hope this helps
this is interesting, I'll try it. ISR guy in the video just posted up there doesn't hold it though but we'll see what difference it makes

Hope this helps

I didnt need to do that, sounds painful for both the player and the wheel too. I just turned the wheel until it showed 900° rotation, then confirmed and it feels fine.

In general: If you want more road feel, up tire force or master scale in the car setup.

Hope this helps
I calibrated mine and did not hold it and it never spun.

I think the calibrate is a bit messed up when using the t300, both times i have tryed i had to reset, wheel went crazy. Also why dose it show up as a t500?

Do you have the wheel in ps4 mode?

Am not sure to be honest, you mean the PS4, PS3 switch on the wheel?
what ever its on its working fine for me, i just change a few FFB settings, but don't go near the calibrate now.

I tried those settings but when the car was standing still and i turned the wheel a bit it would force itself full lock.. as if it had reverse ffb. Defaulted back to normal and it's fine again.

Oh really so it must me in PS3 mode then. Will have to check this out again when im home, is there any difference if feel? because it feels great as it is.
It means your PS button wont work and share button, Might feel different as well.

Back