T500RS Racing Wheel for PS3 $150 Microcenter (Still hope?)

Nil, but I'm hoping for ya. I sent them an awesome "love" letter as well. I'd call, but its been a bad day.

If they don't set aside the product for you order when it gets moved to "routed" that is absolutely insane. There's no way I'm getting cancelled. I swear to god. If I do I am raising hell. This T500 WILL be delivered to me.

Makes me wonder WHY this wheel is marked up to $600 so much??? I mean I'm assuming it costed them less than 150 to get this thing and I'm really questioning the extra half a grand mark up per wheel

Has there been word of a new T500 model? Micro Center is stating they will no longer carry that model?

Through which seller @Jarnac?

Is EBay really trust worthy?

Last edited:
Has there been word of a new T500 model? Micro Center is stating they will no longer carry that model?

not that they have announced and I really hope not because I just bought one for 400 bucks couple months ago...... :/

This makes me feel a little better... I have not heard of anyone getting an order canceled after it has been Routed yet. I did read the confirmation email carefully and it basically explains the "confirmation email" only confirms your order, and not that it has been processed (it says that). So a bunch of these later orders got canceled since they never got past Pending. My order was pending but not for very long maybe 10-15 minutes before it went Routed.

My order was showing up as Routed until about 4 hours ago when they canceled it.

Also, I love all these new ebay listings for the wheel that just popped up today- one dude has a stack of at least 9.

If they don't set aside the product for you order when it gets moved to "routed" that is absolutely insane. There's no way I'm getting cancelled. I swear to god. If I do I am raising hell. This T500 WILL be delivered to me.

I've been fretting over it for the last 20 hours... 3 days to process something for shipping is ridiculous, when I first read the email I was so excited I mistook it for the estimated time until arrival (since I just did standard shipping), like most companies do.

I have to assume they are going to ship some of them somewhere at least. Taking way too many orders in the first place is bad, but selling off something someone ordered hours before is absurd.

My order was showing up as Routed until about 4 hours ago when they canceled it.

Also, I love all these new ebay listings for the wheel that just popped up today- one dude has a stack of at least 9.
Hmmm, what time did you place it? I don't know how much that would even matter though since the way they seem to handle orders is so erratic regardless of the number...

definate customer service no-no. If I was buying that as a gift for someone and passed up on another cyber monday special so I could buy that and they didn't deliver... poor form... It very much needed to say - limited supply - or only available till item is out of stock... If this gets out - they will have a pretty large mess dealing with people who are unsure if what they are ordering is even going to get shipped to them or if their order will magically get canceled a day or two later... no other company operates this way... Most companies will say they are out of stock and leave maybe 50 of a high vol item so they dont have this problem and then just blow those last few out at a later time....
this is VERY poor customer service and i would say that we should all take to social media to warn others of their poor service.

Through which seller @Jarnac?

Is EBay really trust worthy?
All thrustmaster wheels were marked down at MICRO CENTER. There were stacks of them as you walked in.
This thread just shows why MC has usually been known as a local "gem". Most of their great deals have been in store only, and it seems like maybe this one was supposed to be as well yet they made it available for shipping.

Ole
definate customer service no-no. If I was buying that as a gift for someone and passed up on another cyber monday special so I could buy that and they didn't deliver... poor form...
Did people's order status show CONFIRMED/COMPLETED or anything like that to make them believe their units were guaranteed or did they say processing/processed or something along those lines? Genuinely curious.

All thrustmaster wheels were marked down at MICRO CENTER. There were stacks of them as you walked in.
This thread just shows why MC has usually been known as a local "gem". Most of their great deals have been in store only, and it seems like maybe this one was supposed to be as well yet they made it available for shipping.

Did people's order status show CONFIRMED/COMPLETED or anything like that to make them believe their units were guaranteed or did they say processing/processed or something along those lines? Genuinely curious.

I believe mine went from Processing(or maybe pending) to Routed. I also got a confirmation email about an hour after purchase.

Well I got one last evening, confirmation and all. Mom's card was charged and all was looking great. 2nd period rolls around today (8:30 AM) Got my cancellation letter! So I call them and the lady was a complete you-know-what... Telling me because I wasn't a adult that I didn't know how a business worked... Thanks. So after that I will now not be receiving my wheel, and want to go crawl up in a ball and cry. Called Thrustmaster directly just to see what would happen. "We suggest you buy from a different retailer" So it looks like my belt driven dreams have come to a screeching halt.

Thank goodness I didn't buy the shifter too! :P

So my 2 'Pending' orders from yesterday just got cancelled. Quite a bummer, as I was already fantasizing last night. Ah well, a few more years with you DFGT :(

To all those who got one in store, you just got the best bargain in history. Enjoy it.

This is part of the email I was sent by microcenter.
We are currently processing your order, #4083929, placed on 12/02/13 and wanted to take this opportunity to provide you with some important information.

The estimated ship date of 12/05/13 assumes all items on your order are in stock at our fulfillment location. Occasionally, we run into unexpected delays during the fulfillment process. Should this occur, we will notify you with the appropriate details and options available.
Important Note: If the item you ordered showed the availability designated as 'Limited availability - May not be in stock at the time of order. No backorders.' and it is still in stock, your order should be shipped within the timeframe noted above. If, however, the inventory was sold out before your order was processed, you will be notified via email that the product is no longer available. Because of the nature of these products, limited availability items are not backordered.

What does ROUTED mean?

I would think it means they set aside the product for me and is being readied to ship out but apparently some are getting cancellation emails after having this status. If mine gets cancelled I will be livid and raise hell with corporate.

I would think it means they set aside the product for me and is being readied to ship out but apparently some are getting cancellation emails fater having this status. If mine gets cancelled I will be livid and raise hell with corporate.
I saw one of the guys in the T500 thread got a shipping confirmation, he next dayed it though. I think there's still some hope at least considering I ordered before him ><.

I would think it means they set aside the product for me and is being readied to ship out but apparently some are getting cancellation emails after having this status. If mine gets cancelled I will be livid and raise hell with corporate.
Ok. I was thinking more along the lines of the order being routed to the warehouse to get fulfilled.
I will say, this is nothing new when it comes to MC.

I am sick. Two weeks ago I was in their Minneapolis Store and saw a stack of no fewer than 20 of these. They were not marked down at that time, and all had $599.99 price stickers on them, but I suspect they were all for sale @ $150. ..........I am sick, very sick.

Well that's it boys. I just talked to sales chat. They checked on my order number for me and said it will not be filled out because the item is completely out of stock and has no ETA. Looks like they accepted online orders whilst selling out the entirety of their stock in stores. Absolutely insane.

That guy is having people bid on that wheel @Jarnac, the wheel is not worth bidding on even for that price.

I am sick. Two weeks ago I was in their Minneapolis Store and saw a stack of no fewer than 20 of these. They were not marked down at that time, and all had $599.99 price stickers on them, but I suspect they were all for sale @ $150. ..........I am sick, very sick.
Well I've been looking for wheels like a hawk for the past few weeks and checked the Microcenter site along with all the others Thrustmaster has listed for the T500, and it was only yesterday it was at that price.

Hmmm, what time did you place it?
About 3pm PST. But yeah, how ever they have their system set up, it doesn't seem very conducive to dealing with both retail and online orders- the item still showed up as in stock ("Ships in 1-3 days") for several hours after I placed my order. I'm guessing they didn't expect people to roll into the stores and buy out the entire stock (not sure why they wouldn't have thought that would happen since they apparently had no limit on the number you could buy...).

Back