T500rs users on PS4 pro help needed!!!!

• Thread starter Leggacy
  • 53 comments
United Kingdom
Uk
TheLeggacy
I’ve not been happy with the frame rate of AAC since the beginning but recently I saw a video that showed if you start the game in 4k and then change back to 1080p the game ran in super smooth 60(ish)FPS.
When I tried I was initially pleasantly surprised, as I left the pits at Silverstone, it was really smooth. The textures were low but it looked good. As soon as I turned the corner frames started to drop and it became an awful juddery mess, much worse that booting normally. I couldn’t figure out what was different between what I did and the video.
Then it hit me I have a different wheel, he was using a fanatec I think, I have a T500rs. So I did the same again but with no wheel connected. It runs really smoothly all the time!!!! in fact it runs in 4k as smoothly too. But as soon as the wheel is connected the FPS drops dramatically and becomes unstable. I’m assuming it would be the same if you ran it with a pad on a 1080 TV with super sampling turned on? I have submitted a bug report to Kunos/505.

If you have a T500 and are playing on PS4 pro, please try This and tell me what happens. (I’m guessing there’s on that many)

I know this does nothing to solve the terrible yaw inducing, see-saw oscillation in the FFB but maybe if we all submit tickets it could get fixed.

I also have T500RS and PS4 pro. The steering wheel is on the latest firmware 47. My steering wheel does not work at all. No FFB. In the settings menu, steer lock is zero. There is no way to change the value. This steering wheel with PS4 Pro works fine in old AC, DIRT 2.0, GT sport.
ACC update last week didn't change anything.

Hey, ya dancer, that works great, running a race with smooth framerate makes it so much more enjoyable, thanks for the heads up. running with a DFGT and T3pa pedals with drivehub

Hey, ya dancer, that works great, running a race with smooth framerate makes it so much more enjoyable, thanks for the heads up. running with a DFGT and T3pa pedals with drivehub
Your answer is no help, I need T500 users but thanks anyway.

I also have T500RS and PS4 pro. The steering wheel is on the latest firmware 47. My steering wheel does not work at all. No FFB. In the settings menu, steer lock is zero. There is no way to change the value. This steering wheel with PS4 Pro works fine in old AC, DIRT 2.0, GT sport.
ACC update last week didn't change anything.
You need to start the game by pressing a button on your wheel not the pad and also if you have a TH8 shifter or similar connected it will prevent the wheel from being detected.

I’ve not been happy with the frame rate of AAC since the beginning but recently I saw a video that showed if you start the game in 4k and then change back to 1080p the game ran in super smooth 60(ish)FPS.
When I tried I was initially pleasantly surprised, as I left the pits at Silverstone, it was really smooth. The textures were low but it looked good. As soon as I turned the corner frames started to drop and it became an awful juddery mess, much worse that booting normally. I couldn’t figure out what was different between what I did and the video.
Then it hit me I have a different wheel, he was using a fanatec I think, I have a T500rs. So I did the same again but with no wheel connected. It runs really smoothly all the time!!!! in fact it runs in 4k as smoothly too. But as soon as the wheel is connected the FPS drops dramatically and becomes unstable. I’m assuming it would be the same if you ran it with a pad on a 1080 TV with super sampling turned on? I have submitted a bug report to Kunos/505.

If you have a T500 and are playing on PS4 pro, please try This and tell me what happens. (I’m guessing there’s on that many)

I know this does nothing to solve the terrible yaw inducing, see-saw oscillation in the FFB but maybe if we all submit tickets it could get fixed.

ACC and his staff are working hard to fix the big issues regarding ALL the wheels and ALL consoles. Few weeks ago somebody
from 505games which is Kunos distributor and partner wrote about that, saying that a patch should be out soon. What I did not understand is why ASSETTO CORSA did not give any problems with wheels, while Assetto Corsa Competizione is unplayable.
I am very disappointed about that, because Kunos is an important racing game company and they sholud never created this kind of problem with steering wheel. They know that in a game like that to play with a wheel is a must. We paid but can't play the game. Is that right?

ACC and his staff are working hard to fix the big issues regarding ALL the wheels and ALL consoles. Few weeks ago somebody
from 505games which is Kunos distributor and partner wrote about that, saying that a patch should be out soon. What I did not understand is why ASSETTO CORSA did not give any problems with wheels, while Assetto Corsa Competizione is unplayable.
I am very disappointed about that, because Kunos is an important racing game company and they sholud never created this kind of problem with steering wheel. They know that in a game like that to play with a wheel is a must. We paid but can't play the game. Is that right?
Yep, I’m disappointed with this shiny beermat too :( I’ve not really had a chance to play it because of the horrible FFB issues, just a lot of menu surfing and frustration. The issue of the T500 actually causing frame rate issues is really annoying but interesting though, I hope something gets sorted soon.

You need to start the game by pressing a button on your wheel not the pad and also if you have a TH8 shifter or similar connected it will prevent the wheel from being detected.
Thanks for the advice!!! I turned off the TH8 shifter and the steering wheel came to life. FFB is rather strange, but I'll try to find the settings.
What do you mean "to start the game by pressing a button on your wheel not the pad". t500rs buttons don't work on PS4 main menu. Are you using drivehub?

Thanks for the advice!!! I turned off the TH8 shifter and the steering wheel came to life. FFB is rather strange, but I'll try to find the settings.
What do you mean "to start the game by pressing a button on your wheel not the pad". t500rs buttons don't work on PS4 main menu. Are you using drivehub?
I mean press x or whatever on the ACC splash screen.
Does the wheel effect the frame rate as it does for me? If you don’t have a 4k Tv I believe that super sampling does the same thing. If you try it with and without the wheel connected you’ll see what I mean, it’s really bad :(

Does the wheel effect the frame rate as it does for me? If you don’t have a 4k Tv I believe that super sampling does the same thing. If you try it with and without the wheel connected you’ll see what I mean, it’s really bad :(
I am using 1080p TV. I hope Kunos Simulazioni fixes all problems. Maybe even faster than one Italian team in F1. :lol:

super sampling ON - makes FPS critically low.
super sampling OFF - FPS normal, like old AC
Did you unplug the wheel and try with the pad while in super sampling mode? Did you notice a dramatic difference in frame rate?

I am a T500 user and I wish I had read this thread last week. Before I bought the game.
That’s a shame, I’ve had it since launch and it’s been unplayable. It’s really annoying that in 4k/super sampling it runs so smoothly but only when the wheel is disconnected. I’m not playing this game on a pad, as I have a proper rig, I hope it gets fixed but they are taking their time.

Update coming tomorrow but don’t get too excited
1103565F-70AF-44EB-B627-F543484FB8D3.png

:banghead:

Like I said don’t get excited, it changes nothing for T500 users. :banghead:
there’s another update in a couple of weeks let’s hope they finally sort it out by then but don’t hold your breath

Oh dear ... but I just read (after commenting myself) this other comment in Scaff's video review of the update

comment.jpg

So I'll check it myself ... fingers crossed

Update coming tomorrow but don’t get too excited View attachment 954823
:banghead:

Mmmm..... don't understand some things.. today I was looking at Thrustmaster support website, in the T500 PS4 compatible games list , ACC isn't there (while Pcars 3 is or wrc9 )

Sooo seems that D3T LTD didn't implement full compatibility with the T500 , otherwise ACC would be in game list

Screenshot_20200910-131154.png

Report it guys in the bug report form website and feel free to use the screenshot reporting, it's from Thrustmaster support website today.

Mmmm..... don't understand some things.. today I was looking at Thrustmaster support website, in the T500 PS4 compatible games list , ACC isn't there (while Pcars 3 is or wrc9 )

Sooo seems that D3T LTD didn't implement full compatibility with the T500 , otherwise ACC would be in game list.

View attachment 956807

Report it guys in the bug report form website and feel free to use the screenshot reporting, it's from Thrustmaster support website today.
Aren’t D3T the developers for the Xbox version? The T500 isn’t compatible with the Xbox so I wouldn’t expect to see it on the list.
While the list on 505’s site looks like the PC list and includes old Logitech wheels that won’t work at all on PS4.

Aren’t D3T the developers for the Xbox version? The T500 isn’t compatible with the Xbox so I wouldn’t expect to see it on the list.
While the list on 505’s site looks like the PC list and includes old Logitech wheels that won’t work at all on PS4.
D3T LTD are the developers of all the console versions...PS4 fat,slim,Pro, Xboxone,s and x

And screenshot specificly shows PS4 compatible games of T500

That it isn't compatible with Xbox is for sure:)

D3T LTD are the developers of all the console versions...PS4 fat,slim,Pro, Xboxone,s and x

And screenshot specificly shows PS4 compatible games of T500

That it isn't compatible with Xbox is for sure:)
505mike has responded but it’s all a bit vague at the moment, hopefully they’ll get it working soon.

505mike has responded but it’s all a bit vague at the moment, hopefully they’ll get it working soon.
Didn't respond my question....if the t500 is implemented and compatible,why it doesn't figure in the compatible games list of the wheel as it does with the other Thrustmaster wheels?

He passed of this one... meanwhile he was saying in prepatch that they were improving the "compatibility" of the t500...

Could I take that as a lie? Of D3T Ldt of course, cause Mike only give us the feedback of what those guys say to 505games

At least he's acknowledged the team are actively aware of the issue, Reading between the lines it signs like t500 users might have an update to try in the next patch

Didn't respond my question....if the t500 is implemented and compatible,why it doesn't figure in the compatible games list of the wheel as it does with the other Thrustmaster wheels?

He passed of this one... meanwhile he was saying in prepatch that they were improving the "compatibility" of the t500...

Could I take that as a lie? Of D3T Ldt of course, cause Mike only give us the feedback of what those guys say to 505games
Here’s what I know
22987FDD-903B-4E1F-B987-062DFC177271.jpeg

so it’s TM holding back from saying it’s compatible until it actually works I think.

Played ACC last week, after taking a long break due to the T500 issues.
I was pleased to notice all input lag is gone; the ingame wheel reacts directly to my input, which is great.
There are still some inexplicable forces pulling at the wheel though, making it very difficult to drive with precision.
And lastly, the rough left-right pulls on the straight are still there. I had to set gain as low as 40% to make it driveable.

Guess I'll try again on PS5.
What a bummer.

Latest Posts

Back